YouFibre

Caporegime
Just literally had this installed and the connection to my phone is slower than my old talk talk FTTC line

Info
150mbps package
Installed today
150 down and up on the eero 6 speed test
30 down and up on my phone

My phones hitting 70 down 20 up on my old talk talk. Which is exactly what the router gets.

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this dire speed? Because if it doesn't get better I'll cancel it

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure if this setup is going to be a keeper for me.

if 30-40mbps is going to be all I get on 2.4ghz I'm not sure if youfibre is for me.

Especially when I was getting 70 on the old talk talk router

Associate
Just literally had this installed and the connection to my phone is slower than my old talk talk FTTC line

Info
150mbps package
Installed today
150 down and up on the eero 6 speed test
30 down and up on my phone

My phones hitting 70 down 20 up on my old talk talk. Which is exactly what the router gets.

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this dire speed? Because if it doesn't get better I'll cancel it
Sounds like a router problem, u can change the Wi-Fi to split the 5 Ghz Wi-Fi and try that.

Associate
@Joop That's not an option on eero unless you get the business subscription...

@413x You should put Net Analyzer on your phone and see what -dBm values you have. Are both routers in the same position?

Associate
@Joop That's not an option on eero unless you get the business subscription...

@413x You should put Net Analyzer on your phone and see what -dBm values you have. Are both routers in the same position?
Didnt know you couldnt change, I just swapped the Eero with my Asus router and it just worked as everything was already setup.

Associate
Yeah both routers are.
Possible they are interfering with each other?
Oh yes that would be the culprit. Switch off the Talk Talk router then for good measure do an eero reboot. Retest eero and see what happens.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh yes that would be the culprit. Switch off the Talk Talk router then for good measure do an eero reboot. Retest eero and see what happens.

Will try tonight.
So many devices to switch over. I believe all my Google security cams need moving over with effectively a factory reset. What a chore!

Associate
Will try tonight.
So many devices to switch over. I believe all my Google security cams need moving over with effectively a factory reset. What a chore!
Can you not just rename the network and password to your current one, this saves you having to setup all your devices again.

Man of Honour
Can you not just rename the network and password to your current one, this saves you having to setup all your devices again.
Exactly this, no need to make things more difficult than they should be.

This is why I have my own kit, and can just switch ISP as and when I want without having to do anything other than update my WAN setting.

Binning off full fibre in favour of archaic copper technology is madness.

Associate
You can just rename it the same?
You mean it doesn't depend on device IDs etc?
Nope. But since you had 2 SSID with likely different names with TalkTalk router you will have to pick the SSID that is already on most of your devices so changing the others over is not that time consuming. Obviously make sure they have the same password also.

Caporegime
Nope. But since you had 2 SSID with likely different names with TalkTalk router you will have to pick the SSID that is already on most of your devices so changing the others over is not that time consuming. Obviously make sure they have the same password also.

Well, I've already started. But useful to know.
Used to have 2.5 and 5 tacked on the end of the SSID to choose. But as eero can't do that I'll just do the manual. Move as having 2.5 on the end will annoy me! :D

Caporegime
Not impressed with this very tempted to go back to FTTC

Having a lot of issues with drop outs.
Particularly when I go to look at my Google cams. The entire signal drops. And it can't seem to stabilise

Associate
One problem is they likely supplied you with the standard eero 6, not even the 6+. How far away are the cams from the eero and how many walls? The range is probably the problem where it's hovering around -90 dBm. The TalkTalk router will have better range than the single eero. The eero is designed for mesh to compensate for the lower range of individual units.

But seriously don't go back to FTTC. Just investing in a router that's around £60 would fix all your problems and have you with a way better internet connecton now and for the future. Something like a TP-Link Archer AX23 seems sensible for this scenario. Obviously it is your decision and I appreciate that you shouldn't have to then buy other stuff to get the service to work. At the very least I would order something like the AX23 to see if it actually fixes your problems. If it does fix everything consider keeping but if still problems then by all means go back and just send the AX23 back.

Reactions: KIA
Associate
I have the eero 6 connected to two Aruba AP22 Access Points which gives excellent WiFi though my house including the Summer House in the garden.

Have not decided if i'm going to replace the eero 6 yet, like the info on the App but would like to be able to turn the WiFi off on their supplied router.

Soldato
Youfibre have really restricted a lot of the eero's functionality. I had profiles for my little ones with set times for internet, blocked apps and content etc; all of this was disabled as soon as the YouFibre eero was added to my existing mesh. Everything came back as soon as I removed it. Users of these ISP supplied eeros must think they're terrible, I'd think that way too.

EDIT: @ChrisD. @413x Could CGNAT also be a culprit of the camera issues?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom