Your Backup codes - Important

Soldato
Not yet, I'm going to give it another crack and really bugger it up all by myself the next time Im asked for a code!

Make sure you put the 2FA code in the correct app section tab when you login and not in the email code section like i did this morning and wondered why 2FA wasn't working. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Another one who lost their phone and didn't have the codes backed up. Thanks to get Feek for getting me back up and running, and for anyone using Microsoft Authenticator, there is an option for Cloud Backup in the settings which I didn't have enabled which would have helped in my case.

Soldato

That's pretty crazy, emulating they are your account and authorised past 2FA by taking your cookies, it makes me appreciate the 30 day timer here now, maybe give us a choice for how many days we want to pass before a recheck ? Not that it's likely any of us will be targeted unless we've got multi thousand sub youtube channels ?

daz

daz

Soldato
Recently had a phone repair from Apple and they ended up swapping my phone so I had to restore from iCloud. I had no idea an icloud restore would wipe my Google 2FA! I had a pain with some services, having to send over ID etc but now I know to save backup codes...
Feek sorted it for me, really appreciate it!

Man of Honour
That's why I use the MS 2FA app. It backs up to your MS account. Google's app you have to manually do backup and restore which is fine if if you do those manual tasks and don't forget.

The MS app is just better anyway though.

Back
Top Bottom