YouTube Content Creators

Soldato
Got to hate automatic demonetisation on streams. 2hr stream demonetised due to about 2 minutes of background music in the game. Inwas talking and playing the game at this point too. I have argued my case but not hopeful.

Soldato
What happens in this case, do they remove all the audio from the video like I've seen in the past or do they just turn off monetisation for you for that one video?
They demonetise the whole video, but I have options. I can cut out the part, I can mute the part, I can accept it and leave it demonetised, or I can argue my case. I have argued my case.

If I loose, I'll revert to just muting that part.

Soldato
I have thought about it but in the 2 years of streaming this has only happened 3-4 times to be fair.

Also, monetisation from streams and ads on the streams are far more valuable than VODs I have read. Unsure on the details though.

Soldato
Hit 205k views in 28 days today. I didn't think it was going to happen as thr trend was going down, but thankfully it picked up again.

Still trying go get those subs in though.

Soldato
OP
Some updates on my progress and focuses content wise for anyone interested.

I am currently sitting at 3411 subs on my RealTalkBusiness channel. I am looking to try and also use that channel for building products etc. on the channel as well as investing app overviews and my experience with them.
That's the channel that brings in the revenue, really. Through affiliates and such. So it's a good little earner that costs me nothing to do.
Plans for this channel are just keeping putting out a video a week and like I said, try and get some more "what random product am I building" on there as well and see if I can use that to push / market those things, too.

My other "main" channel is one I haven't really done anything with, properly, for ages. Too long. It started just by chance in sharing videos I liked creating with family and then took me into all sorts of random content, before I decided I actually really loved the car side of things.
That channel is on 51,869 subs. It sounds like OMG you have all those subs, but they came from that viral short I had that was nothing to do with the content on my channel, so just because they're there, doesn't mean it converts to actual views. Yet.
I have a plan... sort of, kinda, well...

I have renamed the channel "the RS Garage" for randomshenans garage. I live for the randomshenans and that plays a part in where I want to go and what i want to do.

Looking at "if you could do anything, what would it be?"

And I realised how it would be around both cars and travel. I want to do more with stupid cars and epic road trips. And my I have some plans for those.

As such, it's a year to really lean into what I enjoy and **** the rest. Whatever it leads to, is whatever it leads to! If nothing, I'll have the most fun on adventures.

Loose plans I have right now:

Supercharging my 400EUR Aygo (I have a lot of the parts for this tbf and will be filming more in this series coming up) - This series will finish with an epic roadtrip up to the Netherlands in it.
Taking a sub £1000 Scandinavian car to the artic circle (I've bought the car, collecting it on 3rd Feb) and this is an epic 6500km trip.
I want to buy 3 minis and take them with mates around Italy.
Eventually I want to do some absolute mad roadtrips as well...
I'm going to buy a defender and drive it to the Moroccan mountains for offroading.
I'm going to buy an RX7 from Japan... and drive it back from Japan... :D
I'm going to buy a supercar (even an R8 will suit me, as an entry SC lol) from Dubai and drive it home.
My recent purchase has a tow bar as well, which means all kinds of collecting of degenerate cars is possible!

My main thing is making sure the editing is better. The story telling and the journey for watchers.

I am either going to use an editor for some, or just try and be less **** myself.

Here is my "I'm trying hard to be less ****" intro (unlisted, not monetized, just to get feedback tbf) for my collecting my scandy car video.

I have consumed many YT video and hoping to at least give it a proper stab now. I think I know what I want to do, so let's see where it all goes...

I'm going for it, either way!

Soldato
OP
I am either going to use an editor for some, or just try and be less **** myself.
I tried to use an editor and was prepared to pay a decent amount per month having someone do the editing for me, but it just wasn't up to the level I wanted. It made me realise that I think it needs to be me that does this, so I'm on a mission now to improve my editing skills, video making, storytelling etc. so I can make this possible myself and bring out exactly what I want.
It would have been a really big investment and not to get what I want back from that means that the best way I can use that investment is on stupid cars and spending my time working and learning.
So that's what i'm going to do.

I spent way longer yesterday working on a video than I normally do, and I'm going to try and do the same for this Aygo video that I'd like to get out this week. Will see how I get on with it tonight and what I can get done.

It's time to level up and take **** to the next level!

:eek:

Soldato
I'm not eligible for monetisation yet (due to low watch hours), but I just realised YT dropped the subscriber limit now from 1,000 to 500.

They also introduced the 3 video uploads per 90 days rule, which is going to mean a lot of more occasional creators pumping out stuff just to keep monetisation.

Soldato
OP
Latest video on my car channel is actually doing OK for me... gained 2 subs and current #1 in views for the time (which is only 85 or something haha) but a nice little push to get things moving.

Got Friday to get some stuff done and put together that video for next monday.
Also have to film and edit the video for this Sunday for the RTB channel as well. Probably also get that done friday night.

T-10 days until my journey to the UK to get my **** box Volvo! :D

Soldato
OP
I am still surfing North of 200k views in 28days, although this will drop I think soon. On 113 subs in last 28days too. Hoping for 2k subs by Feb 1st, but unsure.
Yea boi! What's your sub count at now?

I'm still doing okish in subs on RTB at 3425, it's been a gradual growth over time, which is fine. I have had no big peaks with it, so you know. I'll take it. Slow and steady and all that.

RS Garage is a funny one on subs, due to the fact it gained like 75k subs from this short I then deleted. It means I lose subs every month because they realise they are subbed to a car channel lol but at the same time, I am still gaining subs on there each month. At some point it should plateau out (I hope) and eventually start going up again... maybe! I just need my NET gain to outdo my lost subs at the moment lol

Soldato
Subs are at 1989 right now.

Year one was about 200 subs,
Year two was about 700 subs from what I recall
Year three was around 1800 subs, and its grown to almost 2k in last month

Soldato
OP
Holy **** I've also just seen the rickshaw run! This is made for me. That's 100% going on 2025 list

But which country?

HIMALAYAN TONGUE PUNCH FLAVOUR​

ORIGINAL ALL INDIA FLAVOUR​

SRI LANKA SPICE FLAVOUR​

NORTHEAST INDIA – NEW ROUTE​

Hmmm

Back
Top Bottom