BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
hi there

just received mine about an hour ago, really like it (a bit too big for me but that was my choice)
had a little play with crysis :perfect
the only peoblem is: it has a stuck pixel tried to fix it but didnt work gonna try again later. but to be honest it doesnt really bother me.

i been reading this thread and i remember somthing about v0 or v3 how do you check what version it is, must have missed it in the thread, thanks.

hope you`ll get a good one.

bye

Associate
guys ive had mine now for 2 months and wow its fay-tastic. no complaints what so ever. only thing is the monitor turns it self of and says disconnected when i leave it for 30 mins then jiggle the mouse and it comes back up. its not a screen saver from my o/s . did i cd come with the monitor to change the settings #? cheers

Associate
That's probably the Windows power management setting :)

Just got my new one now, seems fine so far, has the shiny surface (old one didn't) and there doesn't appear to be any dead/stuck pixels :) - oh and it's running at 1920x1200 unlike the other one :)

The box wasn't open and everything was wrapped as new!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
i been reading this thread and i remember somthing about v0 or v3 how do you check what version it is, must have missed it in the thread, thanks.

at the back of the monitor, at the bottom, theres like a mesh, which you look through and theres a sticker which should have the info there, might need to shine a light on it

Associate
good news for me. Monitor's arrived. Box ok. Everything wrapped and new. monitor is 100% fine. No dead stuck pixels. Even got the speakers connected up ! Very pleased - thanks OC.

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday - and what a bargain!!! Great picture and sits nicely alongside my Hanns-g 19" (and that looks pretty shabby next to the Digimate - the difference in colours and brightness is shocking).

Got one stuck pixel but only noticed it after playing WoW for 5 hours - and even now I have difficulty finding it again.

On a slight side note - I'm running WoW maxed out at 1920x1200 on my old x1950 pro (with the second screen running a web browser or media player) and it sits happily at 40-60 fps. I was thinking I'd have to upgarde my GPU but I'm now having second thoughts.

Anyway - great screen...best £222 quid I've spent in a long time.

Soldato
What's the difference then?

It would appear that the early batch of LCDs were V0. The latter batch were V3. There were some complaints with regards to the quality of the latter batch.

Personally, I think people got carried away with trying to identify good and bad panels by using these serial numbers.

The problem is that initially few people bought this panel. As news spread about its good quality more people bought it. It would therefore be logical to think that with increased sales, there would be increased faulty units in circulation.

What we can say for sure is that there were good older panels and good newer panels (confirmed by the recent posts in this thread, such as the one you posted about your good monitor). If the monitor was becoming a serious problem for OCUK (ie. too many returns/faults), they wouldve stopped selling these monitors. This has not happened. This would infer that this monitor does not have an unusually high percentage of faulty units.

For the record, I bought my DGM monitor quite early and it was perfect and after a few months of use, it is still working perfectly.

Associate
Quick question, mine has started to make a high pitched noise which I can hear if I listen carefully when my pc is off, is it anything serious that would need an RMA or is it okay?

Associate
Is anyone else having a problem trying to register it for the warranty? It keeps saying

"The number of error has already 2 times!"

when I enter my pincode, what does that even mean?!
I tried ringing just now but no one answered.

Soldato
Is anyone else having a problem trying to register it for the warranty? It keeps saying

"The number of error has already 2 times!"

when I enter my pincode, what does that even mean?!
I tried ringing just now but no one answered.

Same here. The number on the back of the monitor doesnt work. Dont worry though, as they will still have to honour the warranty on the product. There is no way that a company would try and get out of honouring a warranty because you cant register a product online. What if you have no online access?

Associate
I rang Customer Services in the end as the website did not have the L-2442W on the list only the L-2442WD so I kept getting the error.

Back
Top Bottom