BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
I have already packaged it up etc... I am hoping to send it back with a next day courier service on Monday...

The problem is when using DVI at 1920 x 1200, the image is skewed and the colours are distorted, it looks terrible!

Hopefully have a replacement by the end of the week...

Associate
Can Anybody tell me when this offer ends, I take it it's sometime tomorrow?? :(

I only ask because I can't get through the checkout process thanks to that "verified by Visa" bulls**t, it says there's something wrong with my transaction.

I really want to get one but it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to talk to my Bank to get this sorted out.

Any ideas if the offer can be extended??

Associate
Not too impressed that they are sending out used/opened/second hand goods? Someone else on the forum received one without any wrapping on, just had some rubber bands on and a creased manual :confused:

Are these recon?

Soldato
Well I have to say that I'm not as impressed as everyone else is...

I have to admit I have only had chance to look at the monitor very briefly this afternoon but the problem for me is uneven colour across it.

I bought it for potentially use in Photoshop as I have read that other people have successfully so I thought I would give it a go.

When you load up Photoshop you are presented with a uniform grey background...unfortunately on these monitors it's darker grey at the top and lighter at the bottom.
I know I know, it's just a one off you say...problem is I bought two of em :(

I also use a Dell 2405 and 2407 and from my initial looks the screens are nowhere near as good. (I know I know, what can you expect for less than half the price)

I'll do some more indepth investigations tomorrow and see what it looks like.

Permabanned
Well I have to say that I'm not as impressed as everyone else is...

I have to admit I have only had chance to look at the monitor very briefly this afternoon but the problem for me is uneven colour across it.

I bought it for potentially use in Photoshop as I have read that other people have successfully so I thought I would give it a go.

When you load up Photoshop you are presented with a uniform grey background...unfortunately on these monitors it's darker grey at the top and lighter at the bottom.
I know I know, it's just a one off you say...problem is I bought two of em :(

I also use a Dell 2405 and 2407 and from my initial looks the screens are nowhere near as good. (I know I know, what can you expect for less than half the price)

I'll do some more indepth investigations tomorrow and see what it looks like.

Remember you can always return them both under the DSR 2000 but you will obviously have to take the hit for return postage. Better than having £400+ of monitors your really not happy with though.
Personally I'm gonna grab myself a Hyundai 24" S-PVA as the ones I have seen for customers have been faultless.

Associate
It will handle it, just depends on what you are hoping to do :)

Ordered anther one today, sending this somewhat faulty one back today also :o

I will mainly use it for Flight Sim, just wondered if it will cope with the resolution, I have a 19"LG TFT at the moment native resolution 1280 X 1024 which runs fine.

Bill

Associate
What you could try and do is take a picture, upload it on the net and forward them a link to a picture of your problem.

It seems pretty clear to me that the colour settings are not the problem here. The image is warped and has nothing to do with colour. Tell them this. I think once they see a picture of the image, they will immediately understand the nature of the problem.

Good luck and keep us informed of how the RMA process goes, so others will know how long it takes to get a replacement.

I decided to buy another one today, and also send this faulty one back for a full refund, that way I have minimal disruption. I am quite astounded by the lack of support from the webnotes, the last one was along the lines of it's your fault for messing with the OSD settings... consult the manual to reset it, and that a dead/stuck pixel in the middle of the screen is acceptable?

Thankfully the people on the Tech support phone line were more helpful!

I will pull my hair out if the new one tomorrow is faulty!

Soldato
I am quite astounded by the lack of support from the webnotes, the last one was along the lines of it's your fault for messing with the OSD settings... consult the manual to reset it, and that a dead/stuck pixel in the middle of the screen is acceptable?

That is shocking. Almost making out as if it is your fault for pressing the buttons on the monitor. Anyway, as long as they have agreed to give you a refund, thats what ultimately counts.

Associate
Well, I received mine last Tuesday. I have to say I am not amazingly impressed.

Does anyone experience really bad "pixel walk" when viewing certain gradients or colours? (The blue background on this forum for instance). It causes this effect on my screen:

pixelwalk.gif

The above is "pixel walk" zoomed in ~500%. I get this REALLY bad when viewing a gradient, for example, this image (click to view): http://www.osxlibrary.com/randomstuff/gradient.jpg

Another problem (which is not as annoying as the first) is that the colours fade lighter towards the bottom of the screen. I know this type of colour fading is present in TN panels, but I did not expect this from a *VA panel.

Have I just got a faulty monitor or something? Does no one else experience those problems I've listed above (particularly the first one)?

Edit:

Here is a shoddy video taken on my camera phone to try and explain the problem: http://www.osxlibrary.com/randomstuff/waves.mp4

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like I have been very lucky with mine. I looks great, no dead pixels. Some of the problems described above look like Digimate doesn't check stock before it goes out. perhaps some of the returns from OCUK will convince them to be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom