BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Got Mine Today!!!!!

Well, my monitor today having been ordered yesterday - great service OCUK!

The monitor comes in a neat box with a carry handle and is easy to pop the foot on the bottom. The screen is protected by a sheet of thick PVC. Keen to get going, I had it on my desk and assembled very quickly, moved my 2 old 17" monitors off and was up and running very quickly.

A check in various background colours failed to show and dead pixels and, though I'll check this later when it is dark, no sign of back light leakage.

The picture is great and pretty much the same as the Dell I had borrowed and which had to go to the Wales LAN today! I'd thought about one of these before but didn't believe it could be any good. No more. I now just have to work out how to buy another one for my wife to lose the couple of old monitors she has. [Actually she has my original Hyundai, 17" and cost £312. This one cost £211!]

I can only say this monitor is amazing.

Associate
Received mine couple of hours ago, everything fine, beautiful display, no dead pixels, lurrrvely :D But strangely it is a 100% absolute mirror gloss screen, I thought they are anti-reflective? :confused: Anyone else received one like this?

Just posted about mine and didn't notice your question. Yes, is a very reflective and shiny rather like the Mac Screens. Depending on the lighting conditions it could be a problem though not where I am using mine.

Associate
Just posted about mine and didn't notice your question. Yes, is a very reflective and shiny rather like the Mac Screens. Depending on the lighting conditions it could be a problem though not where I am using mine.

Oh, OK, thanks, was worried mine was missing a non-reflective sheet during manufacture or something but still would have kept hold of it, it's phenomenol for the money! Slight colour changes when moving my head around but think thats due to the size and everything is so rich and sharp...wow :eek: Powered off it's pretty much like a mirror on the reflection front but switched on I don't really notice it. 10/10 :D

Associate
support

Hi yes i would just like to say i had my DMG for 2mnths with no issue then the screen got a whole band of dead pixels,
being in the channel islands DGM do not have a courrier service to collect it meaning i had to send it back to OCUK who then forwarded it back on to get it replaced under warantee,
also getting my postage cost re-inbursed
i would like to say thanks to OCUK for fantastic customer service
and support with the issue i had with my monitor
always willing to help someone when there in need
apart from that i have to say the monitor is top quality despite my problem
well worth the money
:)

Associate
What setting does everyone use for this monitor?
What contracts, brightness etc etc give the best picture?

Mines as it came in the box, simply plugged it in, VGA first, then the DVI cable, couldn't notice any difference, all seemed bright, rich & crisp at factory settings to me.

Did notice this whilst trawling the thread yesterday though :

"i use 50:44:51 RGB on mine. brightness 46, contrast 67. i dont expect that to work on many others since mine wasnt that bad out of the box"

From here if that helps :

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17806175&highlight=username_scinet&page=35

(Post no. 1025)

Soldato
Mine was waiting for me when i got back from work this morning.

Heres some pics:

dscf0129sz0.jpg

dscf0132ks4.jpg

dscf0140nm4.jpg

dscf0143bq5.jpg

Have to say going from a 19" to a 24" makes a massive difference. The internet looks so much better :)
Can also have several windows open at once.
Have to say i really like this monitor. Nice picture, nice colours. factory default settings were ok but i turned the brightness down a touch.
Would i recommend it? YES!

Associate
Ive had this screen for a few months now and not a single problem so far.

I also live in the Channel Islands and have found OCuK's support in the past to be top notch. Glad to know if this screen does go belly up they will help facilitate a replacement.

To anyone still thinking about it dont. This is the best 24" screen for its price and is on a par with screens £100 more expensive.

Soldato
Got mine thursday, dead chuffed with it, colours are vibrant, very crisp image and so nothing wrong.

Funny thing is my flat m8 saw it also and immediatly went onto ocuk and ordered one also :D

Bargain of the year imho.

Associate
What's the input lag like? Very tempted to pick up one of these. My existing TFT is poor for gaming and I'd like my next purchase to be rather more nippy. From what I've read, this monitor is more than acceptable when it comes to response times & colours, but what's the input lag like? Has anyone noticed any problems?

Cheers.

Soldato
Don't think so because it's not hdcp, you'd need something like the HD Fury to use on the vga. (HDFURY Gamer Edition HD Fury)

Might be wrong so anyone feel free to correct me.

I think you are correct. Someone earlier in this thread wanted to use their PS3 and had to buy extra equipment to make it work with this monitor.

If you really want to use your PS3 with a cheap LCD then why dont you just buy an LCDTV? I think you can get one for around the same price as this thing. Of course, I think the LCD TV will have a TN panel, so it wont be as good as this one.

Associate
Hi guys, I purchased one of these and took delivery of it on the 22nd. The area around the handle on the box was torn but I didn't think much to it as I know screens are well packaged. However upon taking out the screen I noticed that the polythene wrapping had holes and tears in which led me to believe the product had been opened, the protective layer was still on the outer screen plastic though.

I set the max resolution on my PC (8800GT 512) and it worked fine, very bright :cool: I was messing with the settings in the OSD and I reset them after using the OSD menu, as soon as I did this the screen went all distorted, fuzzy and warped, at first I thought it might be a setting in the OSD but everything I changed made no difference, I even uninstalled + reinstalled and changed my drivers, but it still does the same thing at the top resolution (1920x1200) - lower resolutions appear to work OK though... The screen also has a dead pixel :(

What's the best way to get a replacement?

cheers,

P.S. I created an RMA enquiry but the response looks like the process may drag on...

"Are you altering the colour settings in windows or on the monitor?"

Edit: Also doesn't appear to be a "glossy" screen? :rolleyes:
:(

Last edited:
Soldato
P.S. I created an RMA enquiry but the response looks like the process may drag on...

"Are you altering the colour settings in windows or on the monitor?"

Edit: Also doesn't appear to be a "glossy" screen? :rolleyes:
:(

What you could try and do is take a picture, upload it on the net and forward them a link to a picture of your problem.

It seems pretty clear to me that the colour settings are not the problem here. The image is warped and has nothing to do with colour. Tell them this. I think once they see a picture of the image, they will immediately understand the nature of the problem.

Good luck and keep us informed of how the RMA process goes, so others will know how long it takes to get a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom