What is the MG ZS like?

Associate
God some of the incorrect statements in this thread pain me lol.

As identified, there are saloon/hatch versions and the saloon does seem to look nicer (imo).

As for issues, most common issue with the Kv6 is VIS. Can be identified with a flatspot at around 3k i believe. www.mg-rover.org for more info.

Supply chain? Bought up by a third party years ago so there is a steady-ish supply but certain items can be hard to come by. a lot of MGs have been written off because of this. Aslong as you can find the bits and bobs then you are all good.

Reliability? The engine should be fine, the car will however creek, moan, whine as theyre generally not greatly put together cars. The dash, whilst more modern looking in the facelift, is not great be careful with it.

For 1400 you can't really complain as it is a stunning looking car, and the engine has enough poke. As noted, running costs are painful (its a thirsty and antique engine design).

As long as you don't expect great build quality, and are happy to nose around forums for when the little bits and bobs go wrong (nothing major), then you'll be ok.

Oh, and if the ABS light is on the dash, its likely just a loose sensor under the seat :)

Caporegime
OP
Deffo do this, if its just a light front end buy it, good car for the money :)

I just rang, engineer just marked it as a C.

Right, Dad also said it's got some light damage on the back. Push/Shove incident...so from what I saw of the front, new chrome grille, front bumper and as a guess rear bumper along with straightening on the jig.

I've got loads of family in the Motor trade, so parts shouldn't be hard to get or expensive and the work for it will be easy to get done.

I need to have a proper look at it to be honest, inside and out, see how bad the damage is.

Might see if I can get it brought home on the back of one of the transporters and have a nose tonight :)

Associate
I just rang, engineer just marked it as a C.

Right, Dad also said it's got some light damage on the back. Push/Shove incident...so from what I saw of the front, new chrome grille, front bumper and as a guess rear bumper along with straightening on the jig.

I've got loads of family in the Motor trade, so parts shouldn't be hard to get or expensive and the work for it will be easy to get done.

I need to have a proper look at it to be honest, inside and out, see how bad the damage is.

Might see if I can get it brought home on the back of one of the transporters and have a nose tonight :)

Body kit parts for the facelift are v.hard to come by - beware :)

Associate
:D had my colleague in stitches.

Does she wear a flatcap and slippers to bed?

Why else do you think he's dating her?! :cool:

News just in: Hawt girls wearing nothing but flatcaps are sexy.

Be the reason it was wrote off.

True - it may not time to despair though. a lot of repairers simply don't want to go searching for the parts (and too right they shouldn't have to). Parts can be found with a bit of searching :)

ninja edit

Last edited:
Soldato
If it needs to be jigged i wouldnt touch it as it may always be iffy.

If you break the cars yourselves then id take the rear calipers/carriers/discs/pads off your hands depending on price ;)

Associate
If you buy it, get yourself down to a longlife exhaust dealer. They do a 4inch slashcut which looks the dogs danglies on the ZS with a preference of exhaust notes ;)

Soldato
If the car itself is straight, drives straight etc, I'd absolutely go for it.

£1,400 is a steal for that car.

Oh, has it got the nice big flat spoke wheels? I'll do you a deal on those if it has ;)

Back
Top Bottom