No, not now surely....I cant believe it.

Soldato
OP
Right i have just been up to the particular 'game' shop and they said they couldnt replace the disc.

They did use the disc cleaning thing behind the desk. Fingers crossed it works tonight, otherwise im going to go mental.

Soldato
OP
Let me guess - they said they couldn't replace a disc covered in toothpaste? :D

Good luck trying it tonight...

Loool, yeah they wanted to know why it was smelling very minty. I cant believe i even tried that but worth a go.

The scratch has prety much disapeared but there is a slight mark where the scratch was. I really hope this works. I will find out in an hour.

Soldato
OP
Phew. Well thank **** for that.

I put the disc in, loaded etc. Then i went for a blip around the city and all appears to be ok.

Im so glad. Thanks for all the suggestions though. Toothpaste eh !! :rolleyes: ;)

Soldato
OP
Glad to see it's working now. Here's hoping it doesn't stick when loading a particular level/segment later on in the game...

Yeah too right. I hope there isnt a part 2 to this thread. Probably find out tonight that the last tiny scratch has something to do with the multiplayer aspect. Oooh that would be nice :mad: :p

Associate
Had the same thing happen to me, but i keep my xbox flat and didnt move it at all. All my other discs are fine and my GTA4 disc is almost immaculate apart from 2 little scratches near the outside of the disc.

The disc loads the intro and can sometimes get into the game , but then I get the 'disc is unreadable error'.

Going to the shop where I bought it from and hopefully I can get a replacment.

Back
Top Bottom