Just hit the motherload

Soldato
I thought the same as acidhell tbh.

£20K a year and living in some crappy council flat. Before I purchased this house with my missus I bought my own flat and I was earning £18K a year. Only a couple of years ago now.

What I find a complete joke though is that I can kind of understand him getting some compo for the stress of having to move. However, its all being moved for him, he is getting the money refunded for setting sky back up etc so why exactly does he need £5K. Hell, what is more of a joke is why is he, a single guy who admittadly works long hours even need a house, especially when there are familes out there in bedsits or 1 bedroom flats. I am not getting at the OP but the council.

I am sure even the OP would admit a house is overkill for his needs!

Soldato
OP
That sounds really good, hope it turns out well for you. Do you have an idea of what the new houses will look like and stuff?

Not heard any of those details, Just features rather than actually physical descriptions.

Apparently because the land has been sold to Housing association so cheap, the homes will be larger for the rent than what you would find in the private sector.( I think that makes sense lol )

Also, They will be built with the environment and energy efficiency in mind, with a solar panel/gas boiler, to cut down heating costs.

Soldato
I's effective rented accommodation. I would expect 4 weeks notice to find somewhere else. It's not being forced out of your home as he doesn't own it. I think it's a complete waste of tax payers money and you certainly wouldn't get any compo in the private sector.

And yes this type of compo should be crapped for the above reason.

As I said it;'s more a digg at the rules than wannabedamned, but I don't see why everyone has to go well done. It's just like when people get caught for speeding and want sympathy. People have different opinions and this is a forum.

he may not own it but its still his home

if it was privately owned then it would be down to the tenancy agreement as to the notice given

in any case its not private and he is getting compensation, i wouldnt congratulate him on it but at least its an example of a council that doesnt totally **** on people :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've got to say I agree with AH to a certain extent. There is no reason why a single person on 20k year can't be in private rented accomodation, why does he deserve council accomodation?

Surely council housing is for less well off families and the like, who usually get the rent paid by housing benefit.

I'm sure there are plenty of families who need that house more than a single guy on 20k a year......

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd wager the council have sold the land the flats are on and are making a mint out of the whole deal and what the tenants are getting out of it doesn't even dent their budget so all parties win:)

Permabanned
Why should you be compensated for being given a better house ?

Maybe because not everyone is massively materialistic or subscribe to the keeping up with the Jones’s / must have bigger flasher possessions BS!!
Some of the owners could very well be happy and settled with where they are living so being told your moving no discussion is not a very nice thing to occur.

Soldato
Maybe because not everyone is massively materialistic or subscribe to the keeping up with the Jones’s / must have bigger flasher possessions BS!!
Some of the owners could very well be happy and settled with where they are living so being told your moving no discussion is not a very nice thing to occur.

Materialistic or not, if the place truly is a **** hole as the OP suggests then they will want to move out to a nice big house!

Back
Top Bottom