US ELECTION RESULTS THREAD...

Soldato
no just a friend lending a hand, lizards are notoriously short so he needed something to stand on. A troll may not have been the best choice being rather lacking in stature themselves but it was the best the lizard could get at short notice (unintentional joke). I believe the troll's name was Gordon if that helps.

edit: and he was gassy not grassy, a grassy troll would be absurd! :D

It was definately a Gnoll. Maybe a gassy one.

Caporegime
Isn't the American Dream that you can achieve anything if you are willing to work hard at it? By that definition isn't Obama the epitimy of that dream? One can say he doesn't have the easiest of starts with divorced parents, moved around the country, mother died young, brought up by grandmother, then manage to get himself into Columbia University, and then Harvard Law School, Editior of Harvard Law Review and then President of Harvard Law review. Now he is on the brink of getting into the White House.

That alone is an achievement for anyone, the fact that he is mixed race (or black as the media and most people put it) is all the more incredible. born in the middle of the civil rights movement in the US, a time where you are made to sit in the back of the bus because of your skin colour, can't eat in the same resturant as others because you are not white. In the space of 1 generation he is this close of making it, you can't not have nothing but respect for that.

I said it before, if people can't decide which candidate to vote because they don't agree with either's policy, at least vote for the smart one. Surely you want your leader to be smarter than the average Joe 6 pack.

Soldato
Isn't the American Dream that you can achieve anything if you are willing to work hard at it? By that definition isn't Obama the epitimy of that dream? One can say he doesn't have the easiest of starts with divorced parents, moved around the country, mother died young, brought up by grandmother, then manage to get himself into Columbia University, and then Harvard Law School, Editior of Harvard Law Review and then President of Harvard Law review. Now he is on the brink of getting into the White House.

Glorified PR stunt in my view. Very little will change for the avergae american whether white or black. People need to open there eyes and stop paying so much attention to media. As Ghandi said 'you have to become the change you want to see in the world'. Ticking a box on a piece of paper will change very little for most people.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Glorified PR stunt in my view. Very little will change for the avergae american whether white or black. People need to open there eyes and stop paying so much attention to media. As Ghandi said you have to become the change you want to see in the world. Ticking a box on a piece of paper will change very little for most people.

How is his mother dying of cancer and going to Harvard Law a "glorified PR stunt" ?

:confused::rolleyes:

Caporegime
Maybe not that, but his recent 'rise to power' with the media bandwagon is a glorified PR stunt. Be wary of anyone the corporate media is telling you will bring about change.

What do you mean may be not that? It is DEFINITELY not that. :rolleyes:

When did I mention he will bring change? I am saying pick the smarter one of the 2.

Going to Harvard Law is not a PR stunt, he went to Harvard, that is a fact. The democrats didn't know he was going to be a candidate 20 years ago, how on earth is that in any PR.

Soldato
Maybe not that, but his recent 'rise to power' with the media bandwagon is a glorified PR stunt. Be wary of anyone the corporate media is telling you will bring about change.

Do you know what public relations mean? How do you think presidents come into power? It sure aren't through guesswork on the voters' part. You have to be the most '
emottinfoildb9.gif
politics' cynic I've ever seen on here. The 'all politics are the same and nothing ever changes' tack is getting old, and is regurgitated all too often.

Soldato
Do you know what public relations mean? How do you think presidents come into power? It sure aren't through guesswork on the voters' part. You have to be the most '
emottinfoildb9.gif
politics' cynic I've ever seen on here. The 'all politics are the same and nothing ever changes' tack is getting old, and is regurgitated all too often.

It keeps getting regurgitated because it's true.

Associate
What normally happens is that during the polling the News Channels will be conducting Exit polls (i.e. asking people as they walk away whom they voted for). These are far more accurate that the pre-election polls. The News Channels will not release the results of these polls until the voting stops.

From this point on the various News Channels will 'call' the individual states as they feel confident enough with a combination of early returns and exit polls. It is an interesting balance for the News Channels between first to 'call' a state, to being right (ABC famously 'called' Florida for Al Gore in 2000:o).

The Official results will not be until some time on Wedneday, but if the result is the predicted Landslide for Obama, I think you will see the 'calls' starting soon after Midnight. To be honest, once Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania are called you should know one way, i.e. if they all go for Obama, then McCain will have no chance, if they are split, then it will depend on the more westerly battleground states

Back
Top Bottom