1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US ELECTION RESULTS THREAD...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spit, Nov 4, 2008.

1. netby

Hitman

yes,it pretty amazing what this guy have achieved in life ,until now
    specially coming from that background from where he comes

If him wins it,we could say " only in America" - and that time this means something in a good way:)

2. magick

Mobster

That's down to technology and a general shift in mass consciousness. It's not down to politicians and governments.

3. Radiation

Mobster

Yeah i mean think about it, governments potentially have the power to make massive changes for the better or worse but on the whole its same old same old with slight variation over time and its mostly outside influences that get them to actually do anything different.

4. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

The Americans sure can be a strange set of people.

I watch with interest the furore that some people have shown with the prospect of a black man running the most powerful nation on earth. The thought of a non white in the Oval Office sends fear and anger down the backs of the redneck brigade but on the other hand, consider that there have been black people in positions of power in the US for many years without a problem such as Colin Powell ( USAF General ), Condoleeza Rice ( Secretary of State for foreign affairs ) and there are a multitude of black people in high positions of the military and police departments.

Although I'm sure that nothing runs entirely smoothly, the above people just get on with it without too much interference from the white nationalist movements and if they just raised their bar a few centimetres, they might just grasp that the colour of someone's skin is only a bar in the mind of ignorance.

I personally like Senator Obama and believe he can be the change he says he can be, and what Americans seem to want, after 8 awful years of the Bush Administration.

5. strudey

Hitman

Whut? You don't think that politics has an effect on society? Have you ever read anything apart from conspiracy theories?

6. Ex-RoNiN

Capodecina

Yeah, so the Marshall plan was not engineered by politicians, it was the people who can barely spell 'economics' :rolleyes: Yalta conference was not attended by politicians, it was all the people in the world :rolleyes: Gorbachev dissolved the Soviet Union after large protests by the people, did he? :rolleyes: Lincoln listened to all the happy citizens of the Union before abolishing slavery, did he? :rolleyes:

Change in society through politicians and governments is far more prevalent than people-led change. People will only induce change in extreme conditions. Otherwise, government policy shapes and focuses change factors.

7. KNiVES

Capodecina

You're not going to win against a guy who thinks he can telepathically move items with the power of his mind. Just a FYI.

8. mmj_uk

Capodecina

9. Tombstone

Capodecina

I am fully expecting Obama to win by a mile, lets just hope that he lives up to the hype and all the media "change" billing.

10. strudey

Hitman

At some point he'll come to understand that truth is an elusive thing, and almost certainly does not rest in the hands of conspiracy theorists. I hope so, anyway. Most of us came to this conclusion when we were about 14... perhaps he will too.

11. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

12. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I don't think it's the media who is pushing the "change" message, his own campaign itself is. But then again, McCain is also pushing the "change" message himself as much as Obama. Every speech he goes on about how he is going to "change how things are done in Washington"

13. awaybreaktoday

Mobster

Its going to be a landslide.

14. Killa_ken

Soldato

I bet $1000 that obama wins. Anyone want to take the bet?

15. Spit

Soldato

Palin just cast her vote.

16. Shoseki

Mobster

Sad thing is, her vote cancels out Obama's.

17. benneh

Sgarrista

Not me, but I sincerely hope that he does. Hopefully he'll stitch you rich kippers up for a few quid and share the wealth. Wewt.

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Not really, unless she voted in Chicago.

19. Shoseki

Mobster

Hmm interesting point.

On another note, why do you wish you were in Brighton :D

20. Frosti

Wise Guy

Maybe he has a friend called Brighton? :D