Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Caporegime
Hmm... Keep this on VBox or install it properly as a dual boot come public beta... decision decisions.

Ideally id like to stick it on a separate machine, but alas, I dont have one new enough :(

Soldato
It is windows mail, you mean the app similar to outlook, but a cutdown version? If so, then that's the program you want.

Windows Mail

Your linking me to Windows Live Mail I want Windows Mail

Windows Mail has been succeeded by Windows Live Mail, which was built by the same development team as Windows Mail and also serves as the replacement for Outlook Express for Windows XP.

:(

This is what I want

Vir

Vir

Associate
The beta (Build 7000) is gonna be officially released friday. Both the x86 and x64 can be obtained already if you know where to look. :)

For the people that are going to try it. If you are going to run the x86 build just try Vista 32bit drivers, x64 should try Vista 64bit drivers. If the driver setup moans about wrong windows version try to run the setup with compatibility mode.

Vir

Vir

Associate
beware.

the current build has an mp3 corruption bug with certain mp3's

-only when you edit tags with WMP

ms are working on a fix

Correct, the fix is going to be available via Windows Update. Don't edit MP3 metadata via WMP or Explorer (the bar at the bottom). And don't set WMP to auto retrieve information and apply it to the mp3 (you can set it during custom setup). If you don't do that your mp3's should be fine.:D

Associate
It's up on MSDN.

Official file names:

64bit : en_windows_beta_dvd_x64_x15-29074.iso (3,230.10mb)

32bit : en_windows_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29074.iso (2,497.48mb)

Lol - I see the notice also about backing up all MP3's that maybe accessed by the system including those on removable media.. Sounds like a nasty sting in the tail..

Back
Top Bottom