Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Caporegime
By new pads do you mean one of those green ones with the 'improved' d-pads? I say 'improved' because in general reports are that they're still rubbish.

They are for existing games, but I am sure I read there will be games "specially" programmed for it, of which SFIV on 360 is the 1st?

There is also those Madcatz pads to be considered although they are not far enough away from joystick prices to be seriously considered as they are not excessively useful outside of beat-em ups, due to the unique button layout.

rp2000

Caporegime
Im gonna just get the Hori stick - just cant see the SFIV stick being that much better to warrant paying double the price (especially as it contains the same manus internals it seems)

Still havent picked one up as Im still in no condition to button mash :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I'll be getting this for the Xbox 360. I have already got myself a Hori fighting stck so no D-Pad worries there.

Saying that I have always found joypads to be a step backwards when playing Street Fighter with only exceptions being the 6 Button Mega Drive pad and the original Microsoft Sidewinder pad. My reasoning is that are generally only four buttons on the pad with the rest being shoulder buttons which has annoyed me on the SNES, Playstation and Xbox 360 pads.

Last edited:
Associate
I can play streetfighter just as easily with a pad as I can with a joystick (as long it's a PS3 type pad)

Only problem i have is that I only use the buttons on the front (its the way I hold the pad) so this means I only have access to 4 buttons ( light kick, medium kick, light punch and hard punch)

The mad katz pad would be perfect for me so long as built well.

I find the joytick a little 'loud' especially at 3 in the morning and all my neighbours are hearing is TAP TAP TAP. lol

Soldato
Only problem i have is that I only use the buttons on the front (its the way I hold the pad) so this means I only have access to 4 buttons ( light kick, medium kick, light punch and hard punch)

Yup, thats my main issue with the pads. Very bad for moves that require you to press or hold all 3 punch buttons or kick buttons. E.g Balrog's turn punch, Dhalsim's or Akuma's teleport and Vega's little backflip. This was addressed in SSF2THD remix where only 2 buttons were required.

I find the joytick a little 'loud' especially at 3 in the morning and all my neighbours are hearing is TAP TAP TAP. lol

Have you got paper walls :p

Soldato
I can play streetfighter just as easily with a pad as I can with a joystick (as long it's a PS3 type pad)

Same.

Only problem I have is that I only use the buttons on the front (its the way I hold the pad) so this means I only have access to 4 buttons ( light kick, medium kick, light punch and hard punch)

Same again, so for SFII HDR I just configured the front 4 buttons so its high punch & low punch, high kick and low kick, don't bother with medium.

The PS3 pad isn't bad at all for SF games. :)

Soldato
forget that stick its just to make money...buy one of these instead...these sticks will work with anything including thje legendary mame!

You can customise these sticks also,i have had one of thses for 3 years and ist rock solid..i use it on mame a lot an on tekken on the ps2

http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml

probably one of the best arcade gaming sticks in the world

You are a star!!! I have just ordered a set of them... :)

Soldato
Has anyone found any reviews/previews of the mad catz pad for the 360?

For the price it can be had at it seems OK.

Any third party pad is bound to be pap... Maybe some of the proper arcade sticks like the Hori etc... But when has a gamepad EVER been built better than the original.. Inc the expensive logitech wireless pads for the original xbox and PS2, I had both and they just never managed to get either perfect. I think its a shame that Microsoft didn't think this through thoroughly when releasing the 360 pad.. It's otherwise a top controller. Except for an entire genre of games.

Soldato
Just saw a popular high-street stores website selling PS3 hori sticks for £9.78, am i right in thinking that's an absolute bargain?

Out of stock atm but i'll certainly be ordering one.

Back
Top Bottom