Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
If you pre-order a game, does it arrive at your doorstep the day of release or is it posted on the day of release and so arrives the next day? I've never pre-ordered a game I just prefer to pop into town and pick up a copy.

Is £27.99 the cheapest pre-order available for the game?

That's the one I'm looking at also and am really tempted to pre-order, but I want it here the morning of release!

Last edited:

Sol

Sol

Associate
Generally speaking you get the game the day before release, or at least that's what happened with all the games I've pre-ordered.

Soldato
with most places, it will arrive on the day of release :) i know of a few places that even deliver a day or two before release and one place that is always late lol but we're not allowed to say...

i always order online though just because its always cheaper by far

Soldato
If you pre-order a game, does it arrive at your doorstep the day of release or is it posted on the day of release and so arrives the next day? I've never pre-ordered a game I just prefer to pop into town and pick up a copy.

That's the one I'm looking at also and am really tempted to pre-order, but I want it here the morning of release!

Yeah man. No doubt the price will shoot up to £34.99/£39.99 on the day of release!

My first ever pre-order as well! Gonna do RE5 too :p

Can't type for toffee
Don
as above 26.99 is the cheapest pre-order at the moment.

Was hoping somewhere would have the CE reduced a tad again before release but I've just preordered for <£25 same place just with student discount.

Very tempted to preorder Resi5 too as the demo was great.

Soldato
Not preordered, but then you keep hearing this magic "3000" number. Taking it with a pinch of salt.

There are some on the bay for £175 though :eek:.
Exactly - they are fetching premium mark ups because they have sold out.
Pretty much all major US Games Stores have suspended pre-orders, Asia stopped pre-orders weeks ago and you will struggle to find any for sale in the UK.
E-bay is your only option.

I pre-ordered mine last week and was lucky to secure one.

They are due for release on Feb 20th.

Caporegime
I'm not gonna be daft and order something like that for an excessive markup.

If they come out again, great.
If they dont. Got my PS3 pad handy ;)
Got to admit Im of the same inkling - just cant believe they wont re-release the TE sticks after SF4 release, its not likely to be a poor selling game so make hay...

I just cant swallow paying £150 for a utility that only has use for one genre until I get the game and realise how better it would be with it - personally spend the money on TrackIR instead :p...

I presume the 3000 units are for the die-hard fans who will happily pre-ordered and spend before the game hits the shelves in readiness...

Thx god the PS3 pad will be at least passable in the meantime

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Got to admit Im of the same inkling - just cant believe they wont re-release the TE sticks after SF4 release, its not likely to be a poor selling game so make hay...

I just cant swallow paying £150 for a utility that only has use for one genre until I get the game and realise how better it would be with it - personally spend the money on TrackIR instead :p...

I presume the 3000 units are for the die-hard fans who will happily pre-ordered and spend before the game hits the shelves in readiness...

Thx god the PS3 pad will be at least passable in the meantime

ps3ud0 :cool:

Precisely my sentiments.

And quite frankly FREAKY since Ive started playing Flight Sim X and pondered purchasing a TrackIR of some kind for the virtual cockpit mode! :eek:

Soldato
Interesting question.

If one were to buy the PS3 edition of the Mad Catz SF4 TE stick, would they be able to use it on the PC?

(The word is the Xbox360 will be the PC adapted one, but surely drivers for the PS3 version can be made as well?)

Just a thought.

Caporegime
Interesting question.

If one were to buy the PS3 edition of the Mad Catz SF4 TE stick, would they be able to use it on the PC?

(The word is the Xbox360 will be the PC adapted one, but surely drivers for the PS3 version can be made as well?)

Just a thought.

360 (wired) kit all works on Windows PCs out of the box as the drivers are supported in Windows (plus 3rd party ones can be found).

On the PS3 I have not really tried it tbh, I know drivers exist but I don't know how mature they are. Last time I tried you could get Windows to see the controllers but not use the inputs in game.

rp2000

Associate
Interesting question.

Just a thought.

Yes is my understanding - both versions of this stick work with a PC. I'd have to find the source if challanged but I've read & heard this in wirtten reports and videos.

EDIT - from my link in Page 3.

Are these joysticks PC Compatible?
Yes.
Yes.
YES.

Are these the same measurements as the real vewlix
Yes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom