The Official Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

Soldato
OP
What do you mean? Why do another The Thing or why before Alien.

LOL...I meant why do another :)

I've heard it could be the Norweigans story but I'm not convinced filming will start (as I'm not convinced Alien 5 and Pred 3 will actually make it to screen) these are just rumours and scripts being thrown around.

I've been hearing rumours of the norwegians story for the last 8 years or so, didn't think they'd actually progressed into writing a script for this or putting it into pre-production.

Directors make a huge difference to a film. You can pretty much tell a Scott film even if you don't know its one of his. Similarly if the camera is moving far too fast, the scenes cut every few seconds and the camera appears constantly pointing in the wrong direction and theres no sense of distance and time then odds on its Michael Bay.

As someone else said, with Scott in charge this film will at the very least be decent, he simply wouldn't let a film he's not happy with be released.

Soldato
Now i'm excited...not just for a new Robocop movie, but because Aronofsky is in charge, it could be epic.

Exactly. Why can't people treat these films as individual projects rather than jumping on the "omg remakes r bad mmkay!!!" bandwagon?

Granted I'd rather see more original content and there are a lot of examples of bad prequels, re-imaginings, etc. but it gets tiring seeing the same faux cynicism crop up every single time.

Soldato
Well the original Alien cast are all still alive so I'd like to see them all back in their roles. Of course there would have to be some chronotons involved to explain their age but a good script writer should be ok. Maybe they could get Joe Eszterhas to write and Roland Emmerich to share the directors credit with Scott.

Or they could just leave well enough alone.

Soldato
I personally am looking forward to a prequel, I wonder where they will take it though - possibly how the ship got there on LV-426 in the first place and the mysterious space jockies inside.

We'll just have to wait I imagine.

Rich

Associate
Personally, I'd like to see them create the screenplay for Alien 3 that William Gibson wrote. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty good and worth a read, at http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt

I have to agree that a poor film in a series can marr the rest of the films, as they are judged somewhat as a whole. In the case of the Matrix, for instance, had it been just a one-off, it would have been an awesome film. Now instead it's just a good part of a mediocre trilogy. The later films tie in with the earlier ones, and by doing so mix their crapulence with the original quality product ;)

Soldato
I personally am looking forward to a prequel, I wonder where they will take it though - possibly how the ship got there on LV-426 in the first place and the mysterious space jockies inside.

We'll just have to wait I imagine.

Rich

I would assume the story would be that Weyland Yutani sent a ship to investigate before the Nostromo with similar shennanigans.

Soldato
OP
I would assume the story would be that Weyland Yutani sent a ship to investigate before the Nostromo with similar shennanigans.

I have a feeling they'll cut out WY completely and have some kind of isolated incident, on maybe a colony, planet, ship somewhere at the backend of space. Get a feeling from all the interviews i've read about the Alien prequel with scott that he wants to do a standalone movie that doesn't tie in with much of the other films.

Soldato
Personally, I'd like to see them create the screenplay for Alien 3 that William Gibson wrote. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty good and worth a read, at http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt

I have to agree that a poor film in a series can marr the rest of the films, as they are judged somewhat as a whole. In the case of the Matrix, for instance, had it been just a one-off, it would have been an awesome film. Now instead it's just a good part of a mediocre trilogy. The later films tie in with the earlier ones, and by doing so mix their crapulence with the original quality product ;)

I dont recognise any of the Alien films after "Aliens".
I just refuse to accept their existence.

Man of Honour
I love Alien and Aliens.

This will suck Balls and ruin two great films more than 3 and 4 did!

How does it ruin another film, I Really hate that idea. How does a new film wreck one that is all read produced. It can't and doesn't.

As long as its an 18 I think it will be good.

Soldato
The film will have a large amount of plot around the Spacejockeys (a race of aliens that were either originally infected by Xenomorph or actually work in partnership with the Xenomorphs - no one knows yet)

Spacejockey BTW is the huge alien corpse sitting in the chair of the derelict space craft.

Associate
Really don't know how a prequel would work and it'd probably be like what someone said where it'll be similar to the first just with alternate characters.

Seems a lot of people dislike Alien 3. I personally thought it was OK. It's basically like the first with there only being one Alien against weakly armed humans.

Has anyone seen the Assmembly cut of it? Various aspects have been changed such as the Aliens host, it's capture and release and a bit more story on one of the inmates. It adds about 30 minutes of extras on. The endings slightly different too.

Back
Top Bottom