The Official Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

Soldato
OP
It was way ahead of its time and still hasn't aged or looks out of date bearing in mind it's 30 years since it was made.

I almost agree, but the computer screens and mother is cringeworthy...aside from that, still looks awesome. Oh yeah, one more gripe, when they first see the derelict, it's so blatant it's a matte painted background I almost want to cry :)

Soldato
I have all the Robocop verses Terminator comics in my loft, all sealed up.
I also have all the Alien Vs predator ones as well.

I am very sad.

Not sad at all. Most of my comics are transformers.

Whizzing off topic a bit.

Do you remember the Alien high street comic that was out during the 90s?

Isnt the AvP film a rip of the AvP comic where the Preds lands Alien eggs on a world that they don't realise the humans are colonising and theres the girl that befriends one of the preds. He even marks her with Alien blood.

After reading this thread last night I got carried away and bought all 6 Alien compilation graphic novels from Amazon. Haven't blown a wedge of cash on comics since my school days :D

Soldato
I almost agree, but the computer screens and mother is cringeworthy...aside from that, still looks awesome. Oh yeah, one more gripe, when they first see the derelict, it's so blatant it's a matte painted background I almost want to cry :)

The screens and the derelict I agree with but you don't like mother?

I love the computer voices in all of them "The option to over ride self destruct sequence expires in T minus XX minutes" Father in Res is supposed to be tongue in cheek (as is the rest of the film)

Soldato
OP
Isnt the AvP film a rip of the AvP comic where the Preds lands Alien eggs on a world that they don't realise the humans are colonising and theres the girl that befriends one of the preds. He even marks her with Alien blood.

To be pedantic...not at all. The scene in predator 2 with the alien skull on the ship pre-dates the first AVP comics, that's when all the buzz and hype about a future AVP movie started. There is very very little similarity between the first AVP series and the AVP movie apart from the girl being black. As for the blood marking ritual, this is repeated throughout the AVP series with various other characters.

I bought the Aliens Omnibus 5 & 6 in my local forbidden planet a few weks back at £22 a pop, planning on getting the rest as well as the Predator omnibus' and the AVP ombnibus', gonna cost a fair amount but ultimately worth it I reckon. Can't wait to read through all these again, especially Aliens Book One and the Earth War saga.

If they wanted to do an epic AVP movie, they should adapt Deadliest of the Species, this was so well written it really stands out from the rest of the comics.

The screens and the derelict I agree with but you don't like mother?

Not the voices...just the tired drawn out security procedure of getting into the mother capsule and then the tiny little screen, blinking lights and that keyboard she hammers away on, he he. Also the fact Ash sneaks in behind her without making a sound despite the loud noise the door makes when she both enters and leaves the pod.

Soldato
Not sad at all. Most of my comics are transformers.

Whizzing off topic a bit.

Do you remember the Alien high street comic that was out during the 90s?

After reading this thread last night I got carried away and bought all 6 Alien compilation graphic novels from Amazon. Haven't blown a wedge of cash on comics since my school days :D

Thats how they start yes.

Another storyline has the USCM launching an expedition to what they think is the Alien home world where different species of the alien are at war.

I cant remember whether that is part of a storyline where somehow someone is smuggling Alien royal jelly onto earth where its being used as a drug.

Soldato
I can predict multiple replies of "this has got Scott onboard - he's the original director - he directed the first one - did you know he directed the first one - it's going to be great - woo" etc.

And then when the trailer comes out - "OMG this is going to be incredible - this is just what I wanted blah blah blah nyeeehhh"

It's going to suck.

You suck. How can you judge something you know nothing about? oh because you know everything right-o.

Soldato
OP
Thats how they start yes.

Another storyline has the USCM launching an expedition to what they think is the Alien home world where different species of the alien are at war.

I cant remember whether that is part of a storyline where somehow someone is smuggling Alien royal jelly onto earth where its being used as a drug.

Aliens: Genocide, the drug's called Xenozip...i'm so sad, lol

Associate
I think this is awesome news that Ridely Scoott is going to direct the new Alien movie. Since the AvP movies have nearly completely destroyed the genre, I'm glad to see a new Alien movie coming out to ressurect the original franchise.

I have'nt exactly been crying out for another Alien movie for years now after seeing AvP and AvP2. But with Scott back to sci-fi and directing an Alien movie is amazing news. I agree its not a done deal for the movie to be great just because Scott's directing. But at the end of the Day I wouldnt rather it be in anyone elses hands. I hope H R Giger could be bought back into the mix to create some original sets/ creature designs if he's upto it. I remeber Scott saying last year at a convention that if he returned to direct another Alien movie then he would create a new monster and go back to where the Aliens came from. And to achieve this, I definatly believe they need Giger on board. He was as much as the original creater and Ridely was with Alien after all.

Associate
Not sure how the story is going to pan out, i'm hoping for something that revolves around the Spacejockey's and maybe the origin of the xenomorphs, but don't think it will happen. I did read one story that had the spacejockey's at war with another race and created the aliens as bio-weapons, and the ship on lv-426 was a bomber of sorts, thats why there were so many eggs neatly in the bay. But one got on board and got the pilot hence him crashing on route and ending up on lv-426.

But sure i read somewhere the film was going to be company ship that answers a distress signal on a planet, but when they get there its actually a warning beacon and its the derelict ship form Alien.

Associate
I agree. Scott has been quite adiment about the story revolving around the spacejockey, which I think would be a great arc for the movie. This in turn would lead to a different creature design as the Alien takes on their hosts attributes.

I agree it could be a type of war, as this would explain why the jockey was piloting the derilick ship with a massive shipment full of Alien eggs in somekind of status field. Were they coming to Earth to use it as a wepon? Or against another species? Or maybe just a scientific project which got the better of them?
It could also be about how Weyland already new about the ship being there. At the end of the day the possibilities are endless and I'm glad that Ridely has creative control of the project now. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Aliens: Genocide, the drug's called Xenozip...i'm so sad, lol

Not at all. Thats one of my favorites. I like the runner that keeps on running :)

I remember another one that I quite liked and it was a genetically engineered alien to infiltrate an overrun colony (I think) I seem to remember it looking at a dog?

Re AvP, I've only read one comic so only have that to go on. I might get the omnibus editions after I've finised the Aliens ones. They do seem silly expensive compared to other graphic novels.

Soldato
I did read one story that had the spacejockey's at war with another race and created the aliens as bio-weapons, and the ship on lv-426 was a bomber of sorts, thats why there were so many eggs neatly in the bay. But one got on board and got the pilot hence him crashing on route and ending up on lv-426.

Thats about the only story line I could enjoy from a prequel lol. Heres hoping!

Soldato
It's a shame if it gets made with today's tech tho i reckon. Films well space films were best when they were made in the 80's using their methods and equipment. I know they will use latest stuff to make it which i reckon will look too perfect etc which is a shame as a prequel with 80s methods and tech would be rather cool.

And defiantly 80's style of acting not modern crap i.e young ppl.

Associate
just thunk...

No Ripley please, but how about her daughter? I know the there was the picture / records (coulda been faked / cover up) but there's some mileage in this surely.

After all mum was one badass 'lady', stands to reason her daughter would have been one hell of a prom date and could reasonably have gone looking for mom? Forget her name at this pointin the day but she could have even 'found' the space jockey / alien home world.

This way you get to cast a single strong and frankly gorgeous female lead (like the first 2 films) and tie in some unanswered questions - space jockey's. Should keep old and new fans happy. Another thunk - milla J was awsome in joan of arc and fith element - and while worthy eye candy I don't think she should be cast as Ripley's daughter. So who?

will post my vote when i've had some kip.

Soldato
I remember another one that I quite liked and it was a genetically engineered alien to infiltrate an overrun colony (I think) I seem to remember it looking at a dog?

That was a robot alien if i remember right, it was also used to train the dudes lab assistant.
As far as I remember he also needed "Alien juice" to hold back some disease or other.

Soldato
OP
That was a robot alien if i remember right, it was also used to train the dudes lab assistant.
As far as I remember he also needed "Alien juice" to hold back some disease or other.

Aliens: Stronghold...i'm still sad ;)

EDIT: Nope, i'm wrong, but stronghold does have a robot alien, can't for the life of me remember this series. The scientist has cancer and needs the royal jelly to prevent the spread.

Back
Top Bottom