Canon 7D, 18-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM infos

Soldato
£1,399? That is a damn good price!!!

Is that the RRP then? Or just a very good pre-order deal somewhere?

Either way, this has suddenly made me consider saving up for 6 months to buy rather than getting a 2nd hand 40D now.

Associate
Whew! Finally found what I was looking for. I'd been in the right place several times, just missed the exact spot. :D

:D

£1,399? That is a damn good price!!!

Is that the RRP then? Or just a very good pre-order deal somewhere?

Either way, this has suddenly made me consider saving up for 6 months to buy rather than getting a 2nd hand 40D now.

You have mail.

Associate
ill keep my 50D thanks :p my next step will be full frame and only one new feature on the 7d attracts me and thats the in built wireless flash, but then again i have a 580mk2 so that doesnt really matter :/

Associate
ill keep my 50D thanks :p

Hmm, I'm torn. I think the 7D looks awesome. My heart says go for it (especially at the price discussed above); my head says it isn't worth the price it'll cost me to upgrade. :p

my next step will be full frame

If you're into aviation photography (just guessing from your sig ;)), the 7D might just be your perfect camera. ;)

Associate
If you're into aviation photography (just guessing from your sig ;)), the 7D might just be your perfect camera. ;)

Im more into wildlife (which again is better with crop I suppose :p) but Id rather upgrade my glass than upgrade my body, the 7D does look good, especially if your going from a 450 - 40D ground but from the 50D it just isnt worth it :)

Associate
I'd agree getting some good glass is important especially with the ever increasing pixel count but suprised you think the 7D is not a step forward. What wildlife do you shoot? The weather proofing, vastly improved AF and metering would be worth it alone.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a shame it hasn't got the 1D body size but I'm liking what I see in that video.

Ordered my Photoshop CS4 upgrade today so I can get RAW support for the 7D. I wish Adobe work provide RAW updates for older versions. :(

Soldato
It's a shame it hasn't got the 1D body size but I'm liking what I see in that video.

Ordered my Photoshop CS4 upgrade today so I can get RAW support for the 7D. I wish Adobe work provide RAW updates for older versions. :(

Why would they do that lol. They want to screw us all

Back
Top Bottom