Canon 7D, 18-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM infos

Caporegime
:eek: Is that how much they cost? I've never really considered getting one (no need: I spend more time in landscape, and I don't find it particularly troublesome to hold the camera vertically, anyway), but I can't imagine doing so at that cost.

My 5Dii one is £200, and that's CHEAP ! Try looking them up online, it average out at around £230, plus you'll want an extra battery for them too as that's another reason for the grip is to have dual battery, which is another £60.....we can thank Canon for the chip....I am not saying its not useful, it is VERY useful as you can see to the nearest 1% how much juice each battery has left and how good they are at charging. It is very clever but we are also paying for it.

Associate
Page 59 is very interesting.

25.1MB a file at 17.9 megapixels (that's 155 on a 4GB card) with a burst of 15 frames. RAW bursts rises to a very impressive 24 using M RAW (10.1 megapixels).

It also shows that RAW bursts do not change when using UDMA cards but does for JPEG bursts.

Caporegime
Page 59 is very interesting.

25.1MB a file at 17.9 megapixels (that's 155 on a 4GB card) with a burst of 15 frames. RAW bursts rises to a very impressive 24 using M RAW (10.1 megapixels).

It also shows that RAW bursts do not change when using UDMA cards but does for JPEG bursts.

I doubt it'll be that big in actual real life use.

This is a snapshot of some RAW files from the 5Dii, at 21mp.

average around 24mb there about. so I am guessing at 18mp, the 7D will produce around 20mb files.

Associate
My 50D averages around 20 MiB at 15 MP. Just looking at one pretty large and varied folder, the file size varies from 16,846 to 27,637 KiB.

Incidentally, I don't suppose anyone knows if Windows 7 uses IEC 60027-2 binary prefixes?

Associate
Well, the EF-S 15-85mm has been dropped by £150 (from RRP) to £699. Still pretty exorbitant, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the same to happen with the 7D -- hopefully by a relative amount (back to £1399) but still with the extras the particular retailer I've been watching is currently offering! ;)

olv

olv

Soldato
More rumours are already flying about :D There's a Swedish invitation flying around for a Canon event on the 29th of September which promises "one of its[Canon's] biggest and most important releases in the history of the company..."

Could be a new photocopier, could be something else :p hopefully something camera related, new sensor technology perhaps, but I think it's most likely nothing to do with cameras.

More rumours are already flying about :D There's a Swedish invitation flying around for a Canon event on the 29th of September which promises "one of its[Canon's] biggest and most important releases in the history of the company..."

Could be a new photocopier, could be something else :p hopefully something camera related, new sensor technology perhaps, but I think it's most likely nothing to do with cameras.

Possibly a new product to go off into a new direction.

Soldato
Well, the EF-S 15-85mm has been dropped by £150 (from RRP) to £699. Still pretty exorbitant, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the same to happen with the 7D -- hopefully by a relative amount (back to £1399) but still with the extras the particular retailer I've been watching is currently offering! ;)

Ahaha, what are they thinking? A 17-55 f2.8 can be had for less.

Associate
Lucky guy. Make sure you give us an overview when you've got it.

If they get the delivery of cameras as scheduled I'll post up my initial thoughts. Part 2 of my weekend plan is off to Southport for the airshow so hopefully will be able to give it some proper use then and will be able to tell you how it measures up against my 1Dmk2 / 40D.

Just, it seems a few suppliers have them in stock so will be shipping tomorrow !

I know the place I'm getting mine from is getting a single figure of 7Ds in the first batch. I don't know if the bigger high street dealers are getting large volumes or not.

Back
Top Bottom