Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Associate
Hmmm....
I have one of the old Thermaltake ally towers.

It does not have a 100mm hole at the back [2 60mm's].

Would buying the H50 necessitate a new case or an act of vandalism on the rear of the case?

Soldato
getting 75 load with my (hot) chip, was getting 73 with my quad radiator with the same settings.

But surely you're not comparing apples with apples there as the system I think you're talking about had another 240mm radiator, a fully watercooled motherboard and two X4870's in it. Not to mention the fact that your one super-restrictive loop was run off a single powerful pump, so the flow rate was probably on the adequate rather than superb side.

There is now something approaching blind histeria about this cooler.

Soldato
But surely you're not comparing apples with apples there as the system I think you're talking about had another 240mm radiator, a fully watercooled motherboard and two X4870's in it. Not to mention the fact that your one super-restrictive loop was run off a single powerful pump, so the flow rate was probably on the adequate rather than superb side.

There is now something approaching blind histeria about this cooler.

the 73 i was talking about was with the cpu alone on the quad rad. with all the other things in the loop it was about 76 with fans set at a higher speed to keep up with the extra heat.

im always thinking my temps are too high with anything but im guessing its down to my chip as ive tried the quad rad alone and got 73 under load

really impressed with the cooler, get 2 decent fans on it push/pull and i'll be set. once my case arrives anyway..

StevenG

Associate
sorry if its been asked but with 17 pages i didnt want to go through it all. How good is the thermal compond that comes with it ? is it good or better to remove and add artic silver or somethign els ?.

Associate
sorry if its been asked but with 17 pages i didnt want to go through it all. How good is the thermal compond that comes with it ? is it good or better to remove and add artic silver or somethign els ?.

I'd never trust pre applied compounds. I highly recommend that you clean it off and apply some of your own :)

Permabanned
Just bought the OCUK bundle using this cooler and the results.... 80-85C load regardless of which way the fans are blowing.

Not great, infact thats pretty bad.

Soldato
the 73 i was talking about was with the cpu alone on the quad rad. with all the other things in the loop it was about 76 with fans set at a higher speed to keep up with the extra heat.

im always thinking my temps are too high with anything but im guessing its down to my chip as ive tried the quad rad alone and got 73 under load

really impressed with the cooler, get 2 decent fans on it push/pull and i'll be set. once my case arrives anyway..

StevenG

At the risk of being rude, if you had a GTZ, an 18W DDC and a Feser 480mm radiator and you got a 2C improvement over a single 120mm radiator on a low flow pump then something wasn't right in your original system.

You've dropped the fin surface area by at least 8, halved the fan capacity and you have a GPU block acknowledged to be in the top 3 on the market today and you only saw a 2C worsening in temperature when you replaced it with an H50? Just simple maths says that's not right.

Associate
Just bought the OCUK bundle using this cooler and the results.... 80-85C load regardless of which way the fans are blowing.

Have you tried cleaning off the pre applied thermal pastes and apply your own? It may sound simple, but sometimes that's all it takes for you to start noticing the difference :)

Permabanned
Have you tried cleaning off the pre applied thermal pastes and apply your own? It may sound simple, but sometimes that's all it takes for you to start noticing the difference :)

Yeah I've already done this, made no difference.. However the finish on the heatsink is pretty poor imo. Either way I’m not impressed with the product, having to turn the fans around also produces more noise than using an air cooler due to the orientation of the fans.

Great for ease of use though, but that’s the only praise a can give it at this point. Maybe it handles the cooler chips better, as in the ones that require less voltage, I need 1.31V for 4GHz.

Last edited:
Associate
people stating high temps should look at their fans....maybe the fans not working as good at pushing the air through the rad thus cooling better
also try 2 for push pull...

some fans are dedicated for rads while most are for cases.

as gaiden and bulldog have shown (thanks gaiden for fan advice) is that currently the best fan for rads is the apache 120 s-flow which has a very high static pressure than case fans with the near exception of the 120 delta.

i didnt know about the static info till i was told about it as i presumed all fans were competing over cfm and dBA and as you may notice not many suppliers show Static Pressure rating (H2O) so then i decided to read it up and found out with rads S/Pressure is the beall endall and not cfm which diminishes when hitting the radiator grills although not all radiators have same design so some case fans may be okay for certains designs.

Akasa Apache 120 s-flow .... 26.4 mm-H2O....57CFM .....16 dBA
Delta 120mm Focussed Flow Fan ....24.9 mm-H2O....190 CFM ....59 dBAs

Most case fan ............1.0 to 4.0 mm-H2O......35 -> 88 CFM .......17-33 dBAs

so the apache is very highest on static and is quiet and constant with cfm not dropping when hitting rad.

so
high static pressure YES
low static pressure NO

anyone getting high temps shoult try better fans such as the apache and also better compound if using default supplied H5O comes with a preinstalled Thermal Grease Compound from Shin-Etsu which is average to good ...but these are beter --> mx-2 or 3....ocz freeze and artic-silver5 (being used a lot less now) but i myself use Tim consultants grease 0098 (winner of several thermal shootouts)

my thanks to gaiden and bulldog for heads up by the way:)

@Shocky-FM check what fans your using as the default corsair is merely average with low static from what iv seen... and im sure gaiden and bulldog will gladly advise you if you ask nicely :) oh and having come from a black true extreme which i lapped to a mirror the H5O whilst not mirroe is perfectly fine and flat so maybe you might have banged it or it came damaged on the surface? it is easy to mark as its only copper...

regards

HRhino"

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Rhino

Would these be any good for adding to a rad, Yate Loon D12SL-12D (1350rpm) pressure wise i mean. I would link to the product but yeh forum rules, i can't seem to find any pressure info on them.

Soldato

Check the OC. I expect the vcore is set to something silly like 1.35v. My temps are with a 1.248vcore by cpuz. higher the vcore, higher the temps.

My original bundle OC was pretty generic tbh and need a lot of tweaking. You get a quaranteed 4ghz chip tho.

Associate
Hi Rhino

Would these be any good for adding to a rad, Yate Loon D12SL-12D (1350rpm) pressure wise i mean. I would link to the product but yeh forum rules, i can't seem to find any pressure info on them.

to be honest m8 all i could find higher than 4.0 H2O was the delta and apache.

your yate loon may give slightly higher score than 4.0 but it would seem the crazy fan designed blades have better scores :D

Scythe Ultra Kaze 120MM High Static Pressure Fan 38MM 3000RPM 133.6CFM 45.9DBA ......is said to be around 19.0 H2O :D

Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM RED/BLACK Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB .....low pressure in the 3.0 range

still looking but none seem to beat apache on quietness and pressure

regards

HRhino

Soldato
to be honest m8 all i could find higher than 4.0 H2O was the delta and apache.

your yate loon may give slightly higher score than 4.0 but it would seem the crazy fan designed blades have better scores :D

Scythe Ultra Kaze 120MM High Static Pressure Fan 38MM 3000RPM 133.6CFM 45.9DBA ......is said to be around 19.0 H2O :D

Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM RED/BLACK Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB .....low pressure in the 3.0 range

still looking but none seem to beat apache on quietness and pressure

regards

HRhino

I've got a box full of fans, I've got scythe s-flex, Noctua NF12, Scythe 1900rpm kaze, Sharkoon 1000rpm, a couple of noiseblockers and some coolermaster rubbish. The best fans I have are the Akasa Apaches. They push air like nothing else, especially through Rad's.
They were also the cheapest except for the scythe kaze's. You wont be disapointed. they are very quiet and built like a tank.

High CFM fans with high RPM and low Static Pressure will get killed by a Rad. Air will always take the easiest route, so you need pressure to force the air where you need it.The higher the static pressure the better the fan is at retaining its CFM through a Rad.

Last edited:
Associate
what i said :D Gaidin109 wasnt trying to step on toes just backing up what you said :D

bifday2k heres some more examples:)

Delta EFB1212LE 120x38mm Triple Blade Low Speed - 4.00 mm H²O,
-------------------------------------------------------
Noctua 120x25mm NF-P12 54.3 CFM - 1.68 H2O :D and the websites says its high:D
--------------------------------------------------------
nanoxia 120mm fx12 fans i currently use on my side panel are 2.97mm H2O
--------------------------------------------------------
Akasa 120mm Amber Series Ultra Quiet Case Fan - PaxPower Ultra Quiet Amber Series - 1.8 mm H²O.

anyway it is hard but if you spend time youll find some outlets and forums do have the info

but as Gaidin109 said just get yourself a pair of apache :D best fan out of the lot

regards

HRhino"

Back
Top Bottom