Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Associate
I am about to order a new system and I would really like to include an H50 because 1) its cool/different and 2) although I will only be doing mild 24/7 over clocking I thought it would be quiet.(with push pull if needed)

I am a bit concerned that a couple of people have reported hearing the pump when their fans are set quiet. How loud is it as I would like a really quiet system?

thx

Soldato
Has anyone checked out the reviews on the OcUK website?

Rab (Scotland) said:
Q9550 @ 3.8
Had 1 of these over a month now, temps where 80c+ when running intelburst test. with my old scythe cooler, running same test, never went over 60c. Ran prime95 8 hrs, max any core hit was 56c.
also lets you use other ram slots which some coolers can block, great product.

Gaidin (Salisbury) said:
Massive reduction in temps running a 4Ghz I7 920OC.
Easy to fit and no maintenance. I replaced my Fenrir and got a 12c drop in load temps. An excellent cooler for the price. Highly recommended.

Is that anyone on here?

Oddly, I've never been able to post on one of those review things. Must just be because I can't get an H50 to outperform a Megahalems on any CPU I've tried it on. And as it's at least £15 more expensive than a similarly configured Megahalems, I think this is a very expensive cooler indeed.

Soldato
I would be Gaidin. And those are the results I had. I have found that under the conditions I tested the H50 was at least 12c better than the Fenrir, and was comparable to the megahalems. Results and screenies can be seen earlier in this thread and other like it.

Soldato
I would be Gaidin. And those are the results I had. I have found that under the conditions I tested the H50 was at least 12c better than the Fenrir, and was comparable to the megahalems. Results and screenies can be seen earlier in this thread and other like it.

I'm pretty sure you rowed back from all those claims and settled on something like 4C difference, no?

Rab

Rab

Associate
Originally Posted by Rab (Scotland)
Q9550 @ 3.8
Had 1 of these over a month now, temps where 80c+ when running intelburst test. with my old scythe cooler, running same test, never went over 60c. Ran prime95 8 hrs, max any core hit was 56c.
also lets you use other ram slots which some coolers can block, great product.

that would be me, like the rest here i have never Stated it beats Megahalem, True ect ect.
Pics r posted here on my results @ 3.8 & 4ghz. beat the hell out of my previous cooler & showed it could just be as good as any of the top end coolers on any test or reviews i have seen
when i saw the product, was something that i liked,had it over a month now & glad i bought it.

Bought a true from MM (£20) last week for kids pc, maybe pull it out one day & run my own comparison. ( but w/c seems my next step i think )
it has it good points & bad points like any other product, the good for me was that i can now use another 4gb of ram, no brick in case & cools great.
could probaly beat my previous test's as have added more fans to case.
2x200mm, 1x 140mm, 2x120mm in push/push & 2x 120mm on side panel, kinda chilly when sitting at pc these days lol :)

Associate
Rab +1

it never went out and advertised itself as better than air cooling.

it was to compete with the high end while having a smaller foot-print in the process also as Rab says it frees up memory slot space and and looks neater.

i dont think it was ever designed to compete with the Megahalem as that thing is huge and takes 3x 140m fans if im not mistaken...but id class that as very extreme rather than highend cooling.

cant see why people moan why i doesnt cool better than this or that as every one states its better if not on par with true and Fenrir.. if thats not good enough then go for the Megahalem or full water cooling...

think pople just like to wine about nothing for the sake of moaning..(my speech for the day :cool:)

read the reviews which mostly 95% are good and if its not good enough move on:D

also please check out Gaidin109 and bulldogs finding as they very informative...:)

kind regards,

HRhino"

Soldato
I think the thing is that in most comparisons TRUE, Fenrir and Megahalems are very close indeed.

There is no way that a properly fitted Fenrir is 12-20C worse than a TRUE or Megahalems, yet, there it is on the OcUK website.

Sorry, but these aren't as good as people are saying. It cost me £60 to find out, but they're NOT 12-20C better than a good air cooler.

Soldato
I think the thing is that in most comparisons TRUE, Fenrir and Megahalems are very close indeed.

There is no way that a properly fitted Fenrir is 12-20C worse than a TRUE or Megahalems, yet, there it is on the OcUK website.

Sorry, but these aren't as good as people are saying. It cost me £60 to find out, but they're NOT 12-20C better than a good air cooler.

WJA as someone i trust (no offense to other posters on this topic) what sort of temps were you getting with an O/C 920, some of the claims on here make the H50 as good as "average water", i just dont see how a single RAD can match a double with a decent pump/block...

Soldato
I'm pretty sure you rowed back from all those claims and settled on something like 4C difference, no?

No .82-85c fenrir. 70-72c H50. Megahalems 72c-74c. I'm sticking with corsair.
Also the fenrir fell apart after a week. The fins started to come away from the heatpipes. Cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
H50 all the way>Silver Fortres case , H50 put Apache fan to push as the top 180 Fan blow's cool air onto rad, tube's+pump . Waiting for some screws l have ordered to come to mount 2nd Apache pull. At present my PC idle temp across core's 38c to 42C + PC is in living room where it get's the sun all day, GFX card idle's AV>40c, load AV>62c

Soldato
Thought Id put my temperatures on here. Not using a H50.

61 degrees load at 1.3V vcore, 4ghz (not minimized this yet).
An ek supreme mounted backwards (thick I know), ddc,
equivalent surface area to a quad radiator and three 7V scythe s-flex.

So a crude overclock on a watercooling loop that is far from ideally set up is still rather better than this. Mentioned to underline that the debate is H50 vs air, against water neither have a chance.

Air cooling will be better for quiet, simply because it doesn't have to dissipate heat dumped by the pump. A TRUE without any fans is pretty quiet, the H50 will not work so well without fans.

Back
Top Bottom