Need for Speed Shift - Time Trial Championship

Soldato
I asked in the main thread if anyone fancied doing this. I got two positive responses so that's good enough for me!

I was going to take a vote but as it's Monday, I figured i'd just select the car and track and get this tournament started. This first week i'll take in feedback of whats the best way to select the criteria for the next week. We can either take a vote, i'll select or the winner selects.

I may run this for 10 weeks if the interest is high enough, which i'm sure it will be. :)

OcUK NFS:S Time Trial Website (Thanks to asim18)

Rules:

• To avoid any cheating, the car can be tuned and upgraded to whatever you want. (Can't say use a standard car 'cos people may slap a sneaky racing exhaust in there!)
  • Proof of the laptime will be provided in this thread by either screenshot or photograph. This means that this tournament is open to all versions of the game on either PC or consoles.
  • Lap must be set in Time Attack mode along with a rolling start, or any lap thereafter.
  • The winner of the round should email me with their selected car and track for the following round no later than Monday at 6pm. Failure to do this will result in using the runner up's selected nominations. This is because people are eager to start playing and any delays are just plain irritating.
  • Screenshots must be taken at the end of the session. Laptimes will not be included from mid race as these times show illegal lap times where corner cuts may have been taken.
  • There is an NFS real mod available. I haven't tested it so I have no idea if it will improve times. As it's a modification to the game, this will not be allowed.

Week 10 (Final Week): Porsche 911 GT2 & Spa GP

Entries:

CLOSING DATE FOR THIS WEEK WILL BE MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER.

Week 1: Porsche Cayman S & Laguna Seca <- Click for full table

01. 1:21.640 Persil
02. 1:21.710 Lt Goody
03. 1:22.000 zytok

Week 2: BMW E92 M3 & Glendale West <- Click for full table

01 50.520 NIKAZ
02 50.750 Marine Iguana
03 51.050 Lt Goody

Week 3: Mercedes SL65 AMG & Brands Hatch GP <- Click for full table

01 1:25.300 Marine Iguana
02 1:25.730 Van Diemen
03 1:25.800 NIKAZ

Week 4: Ford Focus ST & Donington National <- Click for full table

01 1:10.590 asim18
02 1:10.950 NIKAZ
03 1:11.370 zytok

Week 5: Nissan GTR R35 & Willow Springs GP <- Click for full table

01 1:13.750 Van Diemen
02 1:14.050 Marine Iguana
03 1:14.160 NIKAZ

Week 6: Audi RS4 & Tokyo Club <- Click for full table

01 42.270 danswan
02 42.400 NIKAZ
03 42.660 Marine Iguana

Week 7: Maserati MC12 GT1 & Silverstone GP <- Click for full table

01 1.36.530 NIKAZ
02 1.36.620 Van Diemen
03 1.36.920 zytok

Week 8: Dodge Viper SRT10 ‘Loaner Car’ with ‘Striped Paint Job’ & London Royal Mile <- Click for full table

01 1.24.810 inam22
02 1.25.130 danswan
03 1.25.400 NIKAZ

Week 9: Falken Tyres Mustang & Road America <- Click for full table

01 2.02.890 NIKAZ
02 2.03.190 Marine Iguana
03 2.04.170 inam22

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hey mate,

I am up for this but do think that we should have some rules about performace upgrades. I'm not entirely sure how we would monitor it appart from hoping that everybody is honest but it would keep everybody on a level pegging.

I also think that there should be some rules about "clean laps" for example there are several tracks where I can shave a few seconds off the time with some strategic corner cutting! Clearly these lap times should not count.

Soldato
OP
Hey mate,

I am up for this but do think that we should have some rules about performace upgrades. I'm not entirely sure how we would monitor it appart from hoping that everybody is honest but it would keep everybody on a level pegging.

I also think that there should be some rules about "clean laps" for example there are several tracks where I can shave a few seconds off the time with some strategic corner cutting! Clearly these lap times should not count.

I see what your saying and no offence to anyone but it's just far too easy to upgrade the car and say it's not. We can't really prove it by the screenshot alone, hence why i've made it unrestricted.

Also regarding to tuning, hopefully it'll teach people how to do it properly and not slide the bars up and down :)

Fair play on the track cutting but how could this be avoided?

Can we record laptimes and post them on youtube or something? Is this possible? Id definitely be up for this!

Can do it with Fraps but and it requires some effort. As it is quite difficult to do this may reduce the entries as people wont be bothered. A simple screenshot is a lot easier.

By all means you can record the lap and post it up on youtube no problem.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I see what your saying and no offence to anyone but it's just far too easy to upgrade the car and say it's not. We can't really prove it by the screenshot alone, hence why i've made it unrestricted.

Also regarding to tuning, hopefully it'll teach people how to do it properly and not slide the bars up and down :)

Fair play on the track cutting but how could this be avoided?

I dont think it can, we need to rely on a level of honesty from the guys involved. :)

Great idea though, you could see how it goes without any solid rules and based on the outcome add some as we go along, if it works keep the format, if it has a few issues some tweaking may be required.

Ill see if I can dig out some other threads where folk where doing some time trials and see what rules they were using.... Anyways looks like I will have to sell a car and buy myself a Camen S :D

Soldato
Cutting the track doesn't count your lap as far as I'm aware? So even if you did have an awesome time it won't cut if you cut the track to do it. I really don't know if it is the same with online games. Probably an option somewhere to do that.

Man of Honour
None :)

Having the computer assist you will slow you down so the more adventurous will turn it all off :)

Jobs a gooden then, ill get some times set tonight :) If the mrs lets me get in front of the TV for a few hours that is. Cant be doing with moving the machine back into the office, this is a game best played BIG!

Associate
I fear i may be quicker on my mountain bike...my first attempt..all assists off...for now!
3962500906_d888c22e5a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom