Ebay + Youtube + Piracy = LOL

Man of Honour
Since when are no-cd cracks illegal?

Since 1988 (or when ever the CDPA 1988 was amended)

“(1) This section applies where copies of a copyright work are issued to the public by or with the licence of the copyright owner in an electronic form which is copy protected.

(2) The person issuing the copies to the public has the same rights against the person who, knowing or having reason to believe that it will be used to make infringing copies (a) makes, imports, sells or lets for hire, offers or exposes for sale or hire, or advertises for sale or hire any device or means specifically designed or adapted to circumvent the form of copy protection employed; or (b) publishes information intended to enable or assist a person or persons to circumvent that form of copy-protection as a copyright owner has in respect of an infringement of copyright.

(4) References in this section to copy-protection include any device or means intended to prevent or restrict copying of the work or to impair the quality of copies made.”

And using a crack does not fall under the section 50 exemption:
“It is not an infringement of copyright for a lawful user of a copy of a computer program to make any backup copy of it which it is necessary for him to have for the purposes of his normal use.”

Soldato
So let me get this right you are all ****** off because some one posted a pc for sale with some warez installed because of piracy ? but it's ok for you to have a thread running about news accounts in the past with no attacks from anyone mm ok i see how it works here.

And as for reporting him it's just pathetic.

Man of Honour
So let me get this right you are all ****** off because some one posted a pc for sale with some warez installed because of piracy ? but it's ok for you to have a thread running about news accounts in the past with no attacks from anyone mm ok i see how it works here.

srsbsnsn.jpg

Associate

I think the major difference between the thread and this guy was 'profiting'.

Soldato
He made his videos private. :(

Wanted to watch them.

Newsgroups can be used for legit purposes too you know. Not everyone is pirate. Further more, no one here is stupid enough to sell pirated software and then make a video about it.

Last edited:
Soldato

AFAIK most cracks are a re-written .exe file which removes any link or request for the original installation disk.
This re-writing of the file is an alteration of original code which is against most licence agreements supplied by the manufacturer (some allow alteration for mods). Therefore rather than it being technically illegal itself, it invalidates the licence, which therefore makes it illegal to use the software.

Soldato
AFAIK most cracks are a re-written .exe file which removes any link or request for the original installation disk.
This re-writing of the file is an alteration of original code which is against most licence agreements supplied by the manufacturer (some allow alteration for mods). Therefore rather than it being technically illegal itself, it invalidates the licence, which therefore makes it illegal to use the software.

Breaching an EULA is not illegal. It might be considered unlawful in some countries, but not illegal. Big difference.

Caporegime

It's because everyone here uses newsgroups for totally legitimate purposes.

By which I mean that if you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Back
Top Bottom