Ebay + Youtube + Piracy = LOL

Caporegime
I was expecting more responses to my post. :mad: :p

And skeeter, that's common practice and a lot of developers have said they don't like it but that's capitilasm isn't it? :)

isnt that why they are doing only XXX installs then you need a new copy or atleast tried to or they tie the cdkey to an account which usually they want you to use for every one of there games

Soldato
I was expecting more responses to my post. :mad: :p

And skeeter, that's common practice and a lot of developers have said they don't like it but that's capitilasm isn't it? :)

Your post hasn't got much for me to comment on, you know what I think, most of those distribution processes should imo not be there the first place, the people working there should work on more useful things or making other goods, imo the distribution process is outdated and unneeded and the people who work there, should instead work on something more useful more people want... But I won't go much into the flaws of capitalism and bureaucracy, that's a very very long discussion for a different topic.

Soldato
Yep install limits are their way of countering 2nd hand sales.

And iirc wasnt the eula supose to do this anyhow as iirc it states the licence isnt transferable or shared with people other than the buyer? Not sure so dont shoot me down if im wrong.

Soldato
Buying a 2nd hand pc part ( be it a cpu, ram, an hdd, etc) does not help the manufacturer, or me buying a used car does not help Volvo...

( Legit) Licenses that were paid for legally can be sold just as well as any goods... You can't forbid people trading/selling goods on they have not made themselves...

They do help the producer.

If you had a choice between a Volvo and a Nissan, and you couldn't sell the Volvo then you'd buy the Nissan.

Being able to sell a product on adds perceived value to it.

Likewise electronic books that cannot be passed on elsewhere have less value than a paperback which I could give to my brother when I'm finished.

Soldato

I'm just being needy. :p

And although digital downloads have become more mainstream it's still quite early I think, download speeds are still reasonably slow even at 5MB then you have to install that data, straight from a disc it's a lot faster.

I'm just using steam as a figure head though, I've not used any other downloading medium. And I've seen a lot more problems with downloading media than conventional discs. In my opinion of course. It may have been around for years but it's still faster I believe.

Caporegime
And iirc wasnt the eula supose to do this anyhow as iirc it states the licence isnt transferable or shared with people other than the buyer? Not sure so dont shoot me down if im wrong.

That part of the EULA isn't valid under the laws of many countries.

Some publishers such as THQ bring piracy upon themselves by selling games that are buggy as hell and thus defective under the sale of goods act. This leads to people pirating their future releases in response to being ripped off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Buying a 2nd hand pc part ( be it a cpu, ram, an hdd, etc) does not help the manufacturer, or me buying a used car does not help Volvo...

( Legit) Licenses that were paid for legally can be sold just as well as any goods... You can't forbid people trading/selling goods on they have not made themselves...

Funny this has been brought up, a few years back before I was made redundant I was working in the Art sector and there were moves afoot to change the law so that when an original piece of art was sold a percentage would always be owed to the artist or their estate. Primarily due to the ever changing value of such work which could leave an artist in a position where they may have only profited a small amount on the original sale and it was felt unfair that it could later be sold on for many thousands of pounds, obviously dependant on how successful the artist in question became.

I've no idea if it's still being championed or has fallen by the wayside at this point but I can see both sides of the argument, however it does beg the question of just how far such an idea can be pushed before we get to a situation where everything is rented and nothing is owned. Not very far I suspect as it would be an absolute nightmare to keep track of.

Soldato
OP
LOL reply to my question about if the pc included COA and discs.

Hi, As I mention in the advert, the PC costs the same with or without any software. None of the software is 'demo's' or stuff that will expire soon. The best thing to do would be to read my feedback and also check out the video clips on youtube. Clips 2 and 3 will answer your questions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuqlr6mDwY
Hope that helps
Im on 07824 xxxxxxxx if you need more advice
Thanks
Mo
- p0werhousepcs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom