Star Trek Online

Man of Honour
OP
They haven't said what it will be yet. Probably your standard MMO fee, although with the recent interest surrounding the beta I can see them increasing this fee.

Soldato
Of course there will be a monthly fee. They'll start from the premise that the game will be successful with a monthly fee, if it isnt theyll introduce a lower level free to play like conan. What game can afford to run servers forever based on initial sales? Theres always got to be money coming from somewhere. I wouldnt hold your breath.

Associate
I feel dirty saying this but I actually enjoyed legacy on the xbox360 back in the day. I'm no trekkie but enjoyed NG, DS9 and voyager, ostly for the hot women and odd mahoosive space battle... mmmmm Dax.

(Does that make me a trekkie?)

Anyway baack on topic this could be really good, lets hope the ground combat is either improved or ditched and that space fare has lots of battles as well as a well rounded plethora of other stuff such as exploration, commerce etc.

mmm Dax. Thanks OP for this!! Can't get Terri out of my head now!

Man of Honour
I'm in the beta and well, I can't say much more than that.

:D

Sure you can !

At the absolute worst, you might get kicked from the beta, however I've never known anyone be kicked from an MMO beta for breaking the NDA on an internet chat forum.

Annnnnnd....thats assuming the exceptionally highly unlikely event that they can possibly connect your ingame beta account with the account you use here (again assuming they even knew the post was here), which is all pretty darned unlikely.

Spill the beans !

Soldato
would it be associated with a rainforest perhaps?
Star Trek Online - Special Edition (PC DVD)

Doesnt say collectors so im a bit weary of preordering fromt here...

Soldato

Thanks :) Last time i checked they didnt have uk sites listed :(

Am i sad for considering this?

Q: Do the exclusive items stack? Can I get more than one thing?

A: Yes, different items stack. So if someone purchased multiple copies of the game from various retailers, he would receive all those items for EACH character created. Included playtime will still stack as well. However, the same bonus does not stack. So if someone purchases from Wal Mart twice, he cannot get two 500 point skill bonuses for the same character. (Each character will get one).

The ships and the weapon look interesting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thanks :) Last time i checked they didnt have uk sites listed :(

Am i sad for considering this?

Q: Do the exclusive items stack? Can I get more than one thing?

A: Yes, different items stack. So if someone purchased multiple copies of the game from various retailers, he would receive all those items for EACH character created. Included playtime will still stack as well. However, the same bonus does not stack. So if someone purchases from Wal Mart twice, he cannot get two 500 point skill bonuses for the same character. (Each character will get one).

The ships and the weapon look interesting.

Game time from each stacks also. Don't forget to check out the DIrect2Drive version too. Some nice bonuses on there (not sure if they have updated the retail page with the UK Direct2Drive).

Back
Top Bottom