What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Cop Out

Tracy Morgan looks like he rolled straight off the 30 Rock stage on this and Bruce Willis just constantly looks like he's thinking that, "job's a job" while doing this. Still a relatively entertaining formula if does leave you feeling rather indifferent after watching it.

6/10

Soldato
American Psycho

Finally got round to watching this but unfortunately I don't think I was in the right mindset when watching it as this isn't really light viewing if you want to look at all the social critique behind it. Found it all going well over my head but there's still a solid film behind it with plenty of ambiguity and a lot of interpretations that the viewer can make. Also once again shows that despite certain films and him being a bit of a **** Bale is a very talented and versatile actor.

7/10

Soldato
Cop Out

Tracy Morgan looks like he rolled straight off the 30 Rock stage on this and Bruce Willis just constantly looks like he's thinking that, "job's a job" while doing this. Still a relatively entertaining formula if does leave you feeling rather indifferent after watching it.

6/10

I want to watch this just for Michelle trachtenberg, my godess :cool:

Soldato
Dances With Wolves on Blu Ray,first viewing and loved it,amazing scenery/cinematography. Gripping story that kept me interested throughout the long running time,very touching and also funny at times.

Pic and sound quality superb imo. Film 10/10 - Pic 9/10 - sound 9/10.

I'm sure the native American Indians have had a torrid time throughout history,the film has given me the urge to learn more about them and their plight. Are their any left?

Associate
Operation Endgame

It was ok, nothing special just a little bit of tongue in cheek action....6.5/10

Odette Yustman was in it though, i am very much liking her at the minute.....

Odette-Yustman-odette-yustman-3436249-1200-1600.jpg

Caporegime
not last night but tuesday night film4 came up big:

District 13 - 7/10 - good french film. some good action, fighting, park course and of course a guy forced to munch on some girls knickers...plus theres a BOMB!? oh noes! i loved the bad guy with the gun at the end. quite amusing even if the film was a bit cheesey in places.

Lolita - 7.5./10 - intriguing film, very different to district 13. this was an eerily quiet, slow paced and quite the odd ball. but compelling none the less. well worth a watch imo just to see what its all about. you'll probably get drawn in and think, wow this is pretty strange but also good.

Soldato
12 Angry Men: 6/10

Was watching this as part of the IMDB top 250 list but didn't really think it belonged up there with the other films in the top 10. I was annoyed that the viewer is never shown any of the court proceedings and so can't make their own mind up about the boy before the evidence is re-examined in the jury room, coloured by the prejudices of the people composing the jury. I think I would have preferred the film more if the viewer had been involved in the film almost as a thirteenth jury member, allowing them to decide on their own verdict and then have it confirmed or questioned as the drama unfolds. I also felt the film came across as being pro-American with the whole 'we're American, haven't we got such a great judicial system, aren't we amazing' vibe.

The film is still a decent watch but I felt it could have been a lot better (or maybe I just didn't get it) and didn't have anywhere near the same effect that the other films in the top 10 so far have had on me.

Back
Top Bottom