***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Man of Honour
I've used the Toyota 7 to walk the historic cup. It's a loan so is there anything else I should do with it that I need it for?

Have I been lucky getting the gt40 as a prize for completing expert?

Associate
That corvette is only available at level 15 :(. Whats the specs of the concept 1 series bmw 07? worth buying? or go for the m3/m5?

Maybe do a few more special events first for easy xp, then grab the vette. I would lend you my chromeline mp3 because I never use it, but I'm in an endurance race atm :(

I've used the Toyota 7 to walk the historic cup. It's a loan so is there anything else I should do with it that I need it for?

Do the B spec of the same race?

Associate
Ugh, that b-spec historic cars race is torture. First race is easy but the cote d'azur one is terrible. I did find out the primary cause for the crashes in that race though, the AI plows straight into the wall at the chicane when attempting to overtake, pretty much guaranteed. So avoid letting your driver overtake at that point at all costs and hope no one else crashes out in front of him :)

So far I've only managed to get the silver, trying to work up the enthusiasm to try it again for the gold.

Caporegime
Just done the historic racing car cup on a spec in a Chaparral 2D. was a great and intense race. Took probably near an hour to get them both done right with a few small breaks in between.

on Core'D'zure i was in first and the dreaded 2J came up behind me in the tunnel, so i forced him to try and overtake me on the outside and then closed the door and slammed him into the brick wall at the chicane, putting him to the back of the pack and letting me run away:)

Associate

*starts the PS3 up

edit: ok, added! I'll send the F1 over as soon as you accept the request (and then hope the guy I'm trading a Toyota 7 to doesn't turn up lol).

Cars i have atm which im not using are

(P) TVR Tuscan 6 351BHP
(P) Mazda RX-7 spiirit R type 334BHP
(P) Toyota FT-86 Concept 09 220BHP
(P) BMW Z4 03 291BHP
(S) Opel speedster turbo 00 191BHP
(S) Peugeot 205 Turbo 85 305BHP
(S) Lancia Stratos 73 179BHP

If any of them takes ya fancy give me a shout.

Associate
Has anyone here done the indy 500 endurance? What car did you use and what ran out first: the fuel, the three or the driver?

The Formula Gran Turismo walks it without having to pester him to speed up/overtake etc.
(example-I set it going before I went out to do some xmas shopping a couple of hours ago and he's now just over 9 laps infront with 11 to go).
Use soft Racing slicks and set it to pit in when driver level reaches 10% as its the driver who runs out of puff first.
The Toyota Minolta wins fairly easily but may need the occasional hurry up as you need to lap them 2-4 times to gain yourself the extra pit stop or two to get the win as the Audis are more efficient of fuel, tyres and driver. :)

Last edited:
Associate
The Formula Gran Turismo walks it without having to pester him to speed up/overtake etc.
(example-I set it going before I went out to do some xmas shopping a couple of hours ago and he's now just over 9 laps infront with 11 to go).
Use soft Racing slicks and set it to pit in when driver level reaches 10% as its the driver who runs out of puff first.
The Toyota Minolta wins fairly easily but may need the occasional hurry up as you need to lap them 2-4 times to gain yourself the extra pit stop or two to get the win as the Audis are more efficient of fuel, tyres and driver. :)

That's exactly the sort of answer I was looking for, cheers :)

Associate
Guys is there anything specific you should look out for in Used Car Dealership early on in the game (first 10 levels)?

The thing about this game is I find it hard to get credits, I find myself doing the Clubman Cup every second cup win because im having to buy a new car for a new event and then having to buy parts lol

Associate
Guys is there anything specific you should look out for in Used Car Dealership early on in the game (first 10 levels)?

The thing about this game is I find it hard to get credits, I find myself doing the Clubman Cup every second cup win because im having to buy a new car for a new event and then having to buy parts lol

an 04 MX5 1800 RS is the best MX5 out there and you'll need one for one race and one endurance in both A and B-spec. That and pickup trucks

Do the special events, SOOOOO easy and they give you SOOOO much money :D

Soldato
My Audi R8 is falling apart :eek: :(

imag0152l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom