***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Guys is there anything specific you should look out for in Used Car Dealership early on in the game (first 10 levels)?

The thing about this game is I find it hard to get credits, I find myself doing the Clubman Cup every second cup win because im having to buy a new car for a new event and then having to buy parts lol

You need to do some Special Events. I didn't do nor need to do any grinding up untill about level 15 ... and that was when I spent about 500k buying a Ferrari and modding it :p

TS7

TS7

Soldato
FAO: Speedsurfer212 - thanks a lot for the Lambo. It's helped me win quite a few races and I've just won the Gallardo race in Extreme :) - Let me know when you want it back and also how to send it back as I've never sent a car before :p

Associate
FAO: Speedsurfer212 - thanks a lot for the Lambo. It's helped me win quite a few races and I've just won the Gallardo race in Extreme :) - Let me know when you want it back and also how to send it back as I've never sent a car before :p

Community tab in your home screen > Select friend from the list that appears > Gifts > Garage > Select the car you want to send. Job done :)

Thanks to the latest patch if you happen to get the dreaded upload failed message the car should return to your garage rather than simply disappearing, but to be sure don't click ok and just exit the game via the playstation button instead so it can't save, then reload and try again.

Associate
how the hell do you find classic cars for events? they seem very rare, i still havent done the 3 classic events from beginner stage cos i cant find the bloody cars you need to qualify!!

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Community tab in your home screen > Select friend from the list that appears > Gifts > Garage > Select the car you want to send. Job done :)

Thanks to the latest patch if you happen to get the dreaded upload failed message the car should return to your garage rather than simply disappearing, but to be sure don't click ok and just exit the game via the playstation button instead so it can't save, then reload and try again.

Cheers :)

Associate
Maybe do a few more special events first for easy xp, then grab the vette. I would lend you my chromeline mp3 because I never use it, but I'm in an endurance race atm :(

Well bought the M3, modded it quite a bit and tbh it's like a bat out of hell, especially at how far I am in the game, im basically overlapping people lol. Will get the vette when I get up to that level, Any recommended cars to do the first events, just to get them out the way, like the old jap one etc.

Associate
Well bought the M3, modded it quite a bit and tbh it's like a bat out of hell, especially at how far I am in the game, im basically overlapping people lol. Will get the vette when I get up to that level, Any recommended cars to do the first events, just to get them out the way, like the old jap one etc.

Skip 'em and come back if you can't find a car tbh

Soldato
For the classic events in the beginner series I used the Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 for the jap and world ones, you can get that for one of the licences

For the european one I used an Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 which seems to crop up semi-regularly in my used car dealership

On that note doing the Special Events and Licences is (imo) very worthwhile, you get loads of money and xp for them as well as a few useful cars along the way :)

Associate
how the hell do you find classic cars for events? they seem very rare, i still havent done the 3 classic events from beginner stage cos i cant find the bloody cars you need to qualify!!

B-Spec, while an absolute nightmare at times, can net you a good number of the cars you need to win A-Spec events, including the Japanese Dome Zero concept car that can be used in the Japanese classics event (and which will trash the opposition too).

Haha, love that one :D

Saw another funny one pop up like that, but forgot to get a picture.

C.Flaps :o :D

Hahaha, nice find :D I came across a J.Hendrix earlier as well lol There are a few others but I forget them now.

Soldato
Buy a wheel. NASCAR then becomes silly easy :)

No real need, it is silly easy on a pad and I'm rubbish. Only race I didn't win outright was the loop one and I had enough points to win the champonship. B Spec NASCAR on the other hand is annoying.

No problem, anytime. :)

Back
Top Bottom