***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Can someone tell me how online play works?

Havent tried it yet, want to master the game itself first.

You play with your own cars im guessing? Do you just race against opponents for cash?

Are you put up against random opponents or join games?

Are the races fair or do you just take your chances?

Man of Honour
Can someone tell me how online play works?

Havent tried it yet, want to master the game itself first.

You play with your own cars im guessing? Do you just race against opponents for cash?

Are you put up against random opponents or join games?

Are the races fair or do you just take your chances?

People set up a lobby, so you can just join one you want to, or create your own. You don't win any credits on multiplay. You can use any car from the ones on the mp list or your own favourited ones from single player, unless a restriction is placed in that lobby (e.g, up to 200BHP only, Jap cars only etc).

Soldato
God the B-Spec drivers irritate me on the Daytona course. STOP BLOODY BRAKING.

Was using a fully tuned R8 against the normal stuff in the supercar challenge in the 3rd set of races, three attempts with more outlandish camber didn't allow him to win, or the 850hp!

So I got the 787B out, that soon made him win. *urgh*

Soldato
yes it does, the car feels weighty and you feel bumps in the road, it's very kinda notchy and a lot heavier on the rally events.

but unlike Every other sim there's no feeling for the grip of the tyres so you don't get that feeling of loss of grip you do with forza or rfactor etc.

Soldato
yes it does, the car feels weighty and you feel bumps in the road, it's very kinda notchy and a lot heavier on the rally events.

but unlike Every other sim there's no feeling for the grip of the tyres so you don't get that feeling of loss of grip you do with forza or rfactor etc.

it's not the sim it's the wheel as the DFGT allows you to feel loss of traction through the wheel just fine

Soldato
If there is one thing I'd change about B Spec it would be.... well two things.

1. The ability to fast forward the race a bit, even if it was just 2x speed.

2. That you didn't keep having to tell your driver to maintain his speed. I'd prefer it if you could just set him to stay at a certain aggression level so you didn't still have to pay so much attention to what he is doing...

Associate
[ASSE]Hinchy;18026333 said:
If there is one thing I'd change about B Spec it would be.... well two things.

1. The ability to fast forward the race a bit, even if it was just 2x speed.

2. That you didn't keep having to tell your driver to maintain his speed. I'd prefer it if you could just set him to stay at a certain aggression level so you didn't still have to pay so much attention to what he is doing...

GT4 had those features. It's weird how GT5 is a step back in aspects that don't relate to graphics and the driving itself.

Associate
Just been playing the game the last 2 days, up to level 8 pretty fast on the a-spec. Really enjoying the game. Don't know what the gripes about loading times were? I thought it's all pretty fast? maybe im missing something.

Been playing the go-karts completed begginer and intermediate, pretty frustrating at times but worth it for the cash. Up to 150k, need a decent FR car was gonna get the bmw m3 coupe 07? or whats the 1 series bmw like? because it has no stats just - - - --

Associate
Just been playing the game the last 2 days, up to level 8 pretty fast on the a-spec. Really enjoying the game. Don't know what the gripes about loading times were? I thought it's all pretty fast? maybe im missing something.

Been playing the go-karts completed begginer and intermediate, pretty frustrating at times but worth it for the cash. Up to 150k, need a decent FR car was gonna get the bmw m3 coupe 07? or whats the 1 series bmw like? because it has no stats just - - - --

If you can afford it go with the ZR1 Corvette. I'm still using mine in the Extreme and Endurance events. Bargain :)

Associate
Will have to check how much that is, if your using it on extreme must be pretty good, whats the bhp for it fully modded? cheers.

The ZR1 is one of about 20 cars that can be race modified (over 300k for this car iirc, but it'll still be competitive without it), combine that with regular tuning and it'll put out 900+ bhp eventually (give it an oil change before you drive it any distance at all, then frequently afterwards to give it some extra grunt :) )

Associate
The ZR1 is one of about 20 cars that can be race modified (over 300k for this car iirc, but it'll still be competitive without it), combine that with regular tuning and it'll put out 900+ bhp eventually (give it an oil change before you drive it any distance at all, then frequently afterwards to give it some extra grunt :) )

Need to try scrape together another 150k lol. Should be able to do it doing some of the special events, the mercedes one is decent cash but a bit tricky to get the gold outright, always a couple of seconds off the gold.

Associate
Need to try scrape together another 150k lol. Should be able to do it doing some of the special events, the mercedes one is decent cash but a bit tricky to get the gold outright, always a couple of seconds off the gold.

The 300k is to race modify it (A very advanced level tuning kit). Its only 184k to buy new in the dealership iirc. The stock car will walk that FR race :)

Associate
The 300k is to race modify it (A very advanced level tuning kit). Its only 184k to buy new in the dealership iirc. The stock car will walk that FR race :)

Ideal then, may as well buy one cheers.
Need to keep buying crappy cars to do the other events like old jap cars etc, hard to find a lot of them as they don't creep up on the used market often.

Back
Top Bottom