Scariest Monster / Thing in a game?

Associate
For me, some of the downright terrifying stuff encountered in the original Resident Evil left me feeling a little uneasy. I remember playing it at night in ooh, Christmas 1996 and having to turn the light on to sleep afterwards.

When I was really little I used to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. This guy used to make my 4 year old sister scream her head off in absolute terror and panic. Not for the bad guy itself, but a pair of glitched eyes that would appear in the top corner of the screen in the shoddy PAL conversion I had. Definitely the most fear I've ever witnessed a single video game create.

Soldato
The controller in STALKER. It's the first and only time that I've ever completely panicked in a video game, just firing wildly in all directions. Freaked me out totally!
Is that the invisible mutant? ran into him yesterday lol empted 3 mags and ran for it lol

The controller is the guy that grabs your view and stops you being able to shoot at him whilst slowly killing you.
Both it and the invisible mutants are definitely up there in the scariest things I've come accross in a game though!

Soldato
The controller is the guy that grabs your view and stops you being able to shoot at him whilst slowly killing you.
Both it and the invisible mutants are definitely up there in the scariest things I've come accross in a game though!
:( yep without a doubt, i think the atmosphere and setting have a big part, but hearing that bloodsucker bounding up behind you and breathing just freaks me out.

as for amnesia, i havnt played it long enough to actually see any monsters/creatures or what ever lurks around on that game but i cant play it for any length of time.

Caporegime
Off the top of my head probably Alma and the general game effects in F.E.A.R. Still the best storyline in any game I've ever played, well apart from one.

Caporegime
what would that one be?

e9u8ad.jpg

Not a scary game to me as such, but atmospheric nonetheless.

Associate
Resident Evil remake on gamecube scared me and a mate to hell, especially when the crimson head guys started to come back.

Doom 3 was pretty scary as well, especially the pinky!

Do not want!

Associate
Has to be Amnesia. Its just pure fear knowing ther WILL be something in the darkness and it WILL kill you if it sees you. Similar to thief 3's cradle level but without any weapon and darkness being your enemy. Cant think of a single monster thats scared me on its own, its usually the part before a monster thats scary, being able to shoot it in the face repeatedly usually takes away the fear factor for me.

Soldato
Some of the enemies in the original Silent Hill were seriously disturbing, at least at the time. I remember playing it for the first time on the PS and that radio interference started going. I just thought "WTF?" and kept playing on and then...............:p

Associate
The haunted cathedral in Thief 1 - had been creeping along a wooden ledge to grab some key, fell off, panic ran out to the courtyard and didn't move a muscle as screams and howls were all around :D

Didn't realise it had a save function between missions too, so this was 30 mins in and everything to lose!

M7EVIL_location.jpg

Back
Top Bottom