• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

Soldato
I was waiting for the pre overclocked bundles to appear on OCUK, but having checked them out and comparing against OCUK's biggest competitor, i went with the competitor. Overclock was higher on the bundle (4.8ghz vs OCUKs 4.6ghz) and the price was a bit less. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the more expensive one with the larger overclock though

Would loved to have used OCUK but i just weighed everything up. I rang the competitor regarding the "up to 4.9ghz" on the website for the bundle i was after and was told that the 4.9ghz overclock was guaranteed as they used only the very best select chips

We shall see!

edited your sig fast enough anyway eh ;) you've not got it up and running yet but it's in your sig :p

Associate
lol yeah and i'll have to edit it again as i don't think the Asus Maximus IV Extreme will fit in my 600T! I didn't realise it's an E-ATX board! Looks like i'll have to change my bundle and i'm not buying ANOTHER case!

I agree the OCUK bundles could be a little better to be honest. £695.99 for a bundle with only 4GB of RAM, which is £150 more than the competitor who also has a 200mhz higher clock speed. The cooler is better on the competitor, but strangely OCUK's mainboard is higher quality at over £100 more. I thought that given a higher quality motherboard is being used, they might have sustained a higher clockspeed?

Just to add, the competitor also only offers 4GB of RAM on their more budget oriented bundle, but i could increase the RAM on that to 8GB and still have change with the difference from the OCUK bundle

Ill be keeping my eyes on the OCUK bundles though....

Last edited:
Soldato
OCUK's mainboard is higher quality at over £100 more. I thought that given a higher quality motherboard is being used, they might have sustained a higher clockspeed?

Price is not always indicative of quality. The P8P67 boards all seem to get the same clocks even though there is a large price differential between them. Also with SB at least it seems more dependant on the chip than the board.

Soldato
Wait a week or two and there will be Core i5 2500k selling for £169 and Core i7 2600k selling for £249. Anyone buying now is overpaying which is not hard to figure out really.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well well, all very funny I guess you were right Gibbo, the other etailer that tried to bash ocuk went live a few mins after this site but today the SB cpu's 2500k and 2600k are all pre-order now, one customer went into their store today to purchase one to be told that they will not have any SB cpu's in stock until early next week!! So the ones they have up as 'IN STOCK' do not exist.
Anyway the said customer is very happy now as he drove to your store and everything was 'in stock' due to the RAM being on offer he paid less at ocuk.

I don't really want to start all this bashing again, I just couldn't resist!!:D

Well what can I say, Ive read over there too, it seems 2-3 customers tried buying from them Saturday in their shop to only be told "we have no stock, its a website error."

I've been in this industry for 10 years plus and I have it on good authority they got a handful of chips of all which they used for testing bundles/systems of cause this could be wrong though I doubt it. They should never have got that stock due to not been Intel covered, but as seen on their forum they bribed their supplier with drinks and chocolates to get that handful of stock.

So maths would mean that leaves them with no stock and the evidence seems to point that way, though I am sure they will have some clever/excuse explanation come Monday, no doubt something to do with an NDA they never intended on following but then changed their minds. All I can say is I bet any customer turning up at 9am Monday in their shop would be told the same, sorry no stock, were waiting on our delivery even though their website shows stock.......

Which basically means I was correct, OcUK has plenty of stock as do other Intel covered partners, but they do not and won't have probably until at the earliest Monday (tomorrow) but no doubt later in the week.

Whats funny is how they call us scumbags and liars, so far I only see the truth here at OcUK and its them who are misleading customers, lying regarding stock levels they don't have which I guess makes them a bunch of hipocrits, one member of staff said "eh they want a way, they got one" or at least implied, only problem is I guess OcUK won at the first hurdle.

It might all be a bit childish but ocuk has not mislead any customers, infact we have several happy customers with sandybridge setups because we have stock like we promised and more than enough to go round. :)

Regarding OcUK only offering bundles at 4.6GHz is down to simple fact, these chips to run at 4.8GHz and beyond require higher voltages and such voltages OcUK would not recommend for 24/7 running as with time the CPU will no doubt suffer electromigration and degrade over time. Also lets compensate at the moment for winter lower running temperatures, in summer any current bundle will run 10-20c hotter due to increased ambient temperatures and humidity. OcUK is confident in its bundles running stable and many years to come at the advertised clock speeds. We would not be confident at a bundle running at 4.8GHz or 4.9GHz for such period of time, were not saying its impossible as there will be some CPU's that are fine though we believe very rare and offering such a bundle would be misleading especially with such a short time period for a testing window.

The competitor offering these bundles is not Intel covered, has had a handful of chips for a matter of days which means they have only been testing for a week maximum and they release bundles at such clock speeds, thats a mistake as they simply have not done enough testing time. Intel covered partners like OcUK has had ES chips for a couple of months and stock of large volume for a few weeks and as such time to do proper testing and factor in failure percentage, this such competitor has not. It seems to me they are desperate to get any kind of win they can to try and win custom from much larger etailors like ourselves and other Intel covered partners. So far we have evidence of them lying regarding stock levels, misleading customers by taking pictures of stock but then clearly not having enough to go round, then claiming to be cheapest, yet they are not on everything and now trying to win custom with very high clockspeed bundles. Sorry it all looks very desperate to me and misleading, plus the owner has said himself on the forum he bribes suppliers with gifts in an attempt to get stock.

Once more OcUK has more than enough stock, we guarantee next working day delivery, you can collect any CPU from our shop and our prices are competitive on our CPU's and across our range. They claim to be the cheapest on everything which they are not and OcUK nor myself claims we are the cheapest, but one thing for sure we do not mislead our customers or lie regarding stock levels. Also our bundles have had weeks of testing in multiple setups as we have had chips for several weeks giving us more stock to test and a much longer time window to do so.

Expect to see many post on their forum from staff with well thought out excuses for their stock system mis-reporting and how they will get stock out early in the week. Fact is they had no stock when they said they did, way below the belt.

Soldato
I got shot down on their forum's by people for suggesting that they were lieing and didn't have the stock. Apparently I was a troll... or just not nieve (sp?). Though having said that it is quite likely they sold a very large amount through pre-order considering the price they asked for and as a result may have actually got over 1000 pre-orders, which would have depleted ocuk's stock too.

Wait a week or two and there will be Core i5 2500k selling for £169 and Core i7 2600k selling for £249. Anyone buying now is overpaying which is not hard to figure out really.

Can already find them for that but question is do they have stock I guess? I do hope that ocuk will be dropping the prices soon once competitors definitly have stock though. Especially on the motherboards, £200 for the delux is a ludicrous price and anyone capable of using google knows that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm I'm not registered over there but have a peak sometimes and have just checked the thread, there are some very unprofessional comments from thier staff and it looks like it stems from the top :(

Soldato
Always a good idea to buy from a company such as OcUK who have a vast knowledge base in Overclocking, component matches and how they work together in a stressful environment. A bundle from here is probably a wise choice.

Soldato
Didn't Gibbo work for that etailer?

Anyway, it's good to see OcUK to be the first with stock (as usual when it comes to high-end stuff). Shame on the higher than expected price though, hopefully they will lower a little within a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom