• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

Suspended
What's with all this stock nonsense? Seriously, if you can't wait a few days for the sake of £20 or 30 then you have more money than sense. Well worth waiting to see what happens to prices when more etailers have them in IMO.

Bashing competitors isn't necessary, surely? It comes across as a bit silly, tbh.

Last edited:
Associate

Sorry I can't remember the link I was thinking of. That was amongst many of the reviews I've read today and it was from a respectable review site.

They did also say the biggest/obvious killer of the products lifespan is the voltages, so if you managed to get it 4.8Ghz on Intel's i7 2600K but at same volts of the 4.6GHz clock which is about 1.3-1.35v. It should be fine as long as you have a high performance fan for the excess heat. Going beyond 4.8GHz is very difficult without constantly faffing on with all the other BIOS settings to keep it stable.

Rumour: I read from other forums of people with 2600Ks, going beyond 1.55v for 4.8GHz+ and is a sure way to kill you CPU. This was mentioned as being the limit from Intel until the nextgen SBs.

Associate
Well I paid £279 the other day for an i7 2600k, didn't get a free Lost Planet 2 game.Gibbo also said they were not adjusting the price when they re-appear :S

Indeed. Fair enough about the game, but a gesture regarding the price difference would be nice, given that it was said that the prices would be the same for the actual launch.

Soldato
Sorry I can't remember the link I was thinking of. That was amongst many of the reviews I've read today and it was from a respectable review site.

They did also say the biggest/obvious killer of the products lifespan is the voltages, so if you managed to get it 4.8Ghz on Intel's i7 2600K but at same volts of the 4.6GHz clock which is about 1.3-1.35v. It should be fine as long as you have a high performance fan for the excess heat. Going beyond 4.8GHz is very difficult without constantly faffing on with all the other BIOS settings to keep it stable.

Rumour: I read from other forums of people with 2600Ks, going beyond 1.55v for 4.8GHz+ and is a sure way to kill you CPU. This was mentioned as being the limit from Intel until the nextgen SBs.

Got mine to 4.8 at 1.38v, using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 + £20 air cooler jobby - all running nicely thankyouverymuchly :cool:

Indeed. Fair enough about the game, but a gesture regarding the price difference would be nice, given that it was said that the prices would be the same for the actual launch.

Yes, ^^ this, not too fussed about a game, but the principle is that Gibbo said the prices would remain the same, but they've dropped £10.

Associate
Will there be any Micro atx p67 motherboards coming out?
I've been wanting to build a small gaming rig for a while, might be worth going next gen intel if any small p67 motherboards are in the pipeline...

Soldato
Will there be any Micro atx p67 motherboards coming out?
I've been wanting to build a small gaming rig for a while, might be worth going next gen intel if any small p67 motherboards are in the pipeline...

Nath (OcUK) has ordered some Asus ones, which he is hoping to have in stock within the next few days!

Last edited:
Soldato

question is, how long?
2 years, 4 or 6?
1.4vcore might be ok for long term 2+ years.
I run my i7920 at 1.45vcore for 2 years without issue.
People said I be killing it, yea right...

The easy OC is 4.5ghz+ after that, you dont get much more performance for the increased vcore.
people who dont upgrade much, they run it at 4.6ghz and call it a day.
then those few, that like 5ghz on the cpu-z runs it higher :D

Associate
I doubt anyone will be £30 cheaper than us, or even £20, but lets see. Plus those who advertise £30 cheaper with no stock don't count.

Well well, all very funny I guess you were right Gibbo, the other etailer that tried to bash ocuk went live a few mins after this site but today the SB cpu's 2500k and 2600k are all pre-order now, one customer went into their store today to purchase one to be told that they will not have any SB cpu's in stock until early next week!! So the ones they have up as 'IN STOCK' do not exist.
Anyway the said customer is very happy now as he drove to your store and everything was 'in stock' due to the RAM being on offer he paid less at ocuk.

I don't really want to start all this bashing again, I just couldn't resist!!:D

Associate
I was waiting for the pre overclocked bundles to appear on OCUK, but having checked them out and comparing against OCUK's biggest competitor, i went with the competitor. Overclock was higher on the bundle (4.8ghz vs OCUKs 4.6ghz) and the price was a bit less. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the more expensive one with the larger overclock though

Would loved to have used OCUK but i just weighed everything up. I rang the competitor regarding the "up to 4.9ghz" on the website for the bundle i was after and was told that the 4.9ghz overclock was guaranteed as they used only the very best select chips

We shall see!

Last edited:
Associate
Funny, the one i ordered will be with me tuesday. Maybe mine is a cardboard replica?

Funny how the one you ordered last Wednesday will not arrive until Tuesday!
Maybe it's because they didn't have any stock despite saying they had and the posting of pictures, surely if they are not bound by the NDA you should have received yours last week?
I'm sure yours will arrive on Tuesday from the stock they had last week that is not arriving until Monday!:D

If you had read my post instead of picking up dog ends you would have noticed I said they have no stock and not they will not be getting any.

Check post nr 214 and 226 in their threadnought, those are from their own customers who went into the store today!

Associate
I was waiting for the pre overclocked bundles to appear on OCUK, but having checked them out and comparing against OCUK's biggest competitor, i went with the competitor. Overclock was higher on the bundle (4.8ghz vs OCUKs 4.6ghz) and the price was a bit less. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the more expensive one with the larger overclock though

Would loved to have used OCUK but i just weighed everything up. I rang the competitor regarding the "up to 4.9ghz" on the website for the bundle i was after and was told that the 4.9ghz overclock was guaranteed as they used only the very best select chips

We shall see!

Yes, I seen the upto 4.9GHz offer on that website on Friday and the various options do make it a dilemma unless your restricted by price alone. I hate seeing that 'upto' everywhere such as broadband, means nothing but glad you phoned them to clarify this.

Feedback
As much as I love always using Ocuk, they are normally a little slow at getting the clocks up or using the best parts (higher frequencies than 1600MHz and lower timings than 9-9-9-24). No way am I complaining about Ocuk great service so don't any hard-working members of staff get angry. It is only when I see a bundle i'm after, plus the speeds are very good, it is sometimes let down by not having the best RAM to choose from. This time it's actually having not enough RAM - which is strange for the top bundles as the Asus P8P67 DELUXE can use a total of 16GB. For the Extreme Krypton (best bundle available) you are only offered 4GB (2x2GB).

So is there any leeway for adding more RAM without dropping the overclock?
I tried phoning OCUK up but your sales lines are always busy and I can never get through.

Last edited:
Associate
hi can somone pm me who exactly is overclockers biggest rival.

i keep seeing people posting about them but have no idea who THEY are.

just interested, will not be buying from them, i buy from here no matter the cost

Back
Top Bottom