The Official Nexus S Thread

Man of Honour
Fair enough, don't get upset now :p

I was just generally commenting on my own personal disappointment in Google for releasing a re-badged Galaxy S instead of waiting for the new one, that's all.

Associate
What are my chances of getting one of these for about £25 a month on a 18 month contract max, and for free!?

Not really impressed with HTC's latest, and contract is up on my Desire.

Hard to decide on next phone, not a fan of LG and prefer stock android.

Associate
What are my chances of getting one of these for about £25 a month on a 18 month contract max, and for free!

The 18 month contracts generally cost more overall and there seems to be a larger initial outlay for the phone.

I got mine at mobiles.co.uk on Orange on a 2 year contract for £25.54 a month (with 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet, the phone was £19.99. But for more mins (600 mins) at the same monthly plan with T-mobile its £29.99 for the phone.

They aren't redemption deals and the price is reasonable for what you get (remember to call in and cancel the paper billing). The phone arrived quickly for me (Ordered friday night and arrived Monday morning!)

Soldato
Is anyone else suffering from this? http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/nexus-s-suffering-from-random-data-loss-reboots/

I have an issue where GTalk gets signed out, and when I notice that the Market doesn't work either. It happens at home on WiFi, but it's set to turn off when the screen is off. These issues happen when the phone has been in standby, so obviously the screen has been off, so has WiFi. Wondering if this is my issue....

Man of Honour
Guys how long are peoples Nexus S's taking to do a full charge ? mines taking way way longer than my iphone 4 , charging via plug not Usb that is. just wondered if the battery was dodgey

I've haven't timed it but it’s around a couple of hours now. From what I can remember the first few were quite long. What are you getting?

Soldato
2.3.3 has arrived. Links for the manual update are here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=967953

There is a little confusion as to whether these are the official ones. I suggest that it’s worth waiting for more clarification or just wait for the OTA.

They've been pulled from the OTA update, or should I say the URL has. AFAIK it's the proper files - though I got the update over-the-air a couple of hours ago.

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-releases-manual-update-for-android-gingerbread-233

Still not fixed my weird Gtalk issues though :(

Soldato
What changes have you noticed?

So far - and it's only been an hour - just the screen. They've changed the colour profile so the entire interface now looks more yellow. I noticed it as soon as the phone restarted, and I'm not really keen. The reports are that they did it to mask some weird effect you'd get if you looked at the screen from a funny angle!

You'll see what I mean about it being yellow though - my wallpaper looks completely different!

Man of Honour
So far - and it's only been an hour - just the screen. They've changed the colour profile so the entire interface now looks more yellow. I noticed it as soon as the phone restarted, and I'm not really keen. The reports are that they did it to mask some weird effect you'd get if you looked at the screen from a funny angle!

You'll see what I mean about it being yellow though - my wallpaper looks completely different!

There has been a change to the colours. Looks like there is slightly less contrast and a better gray scale on mine.

Associate
Yeah people have gotten used to the blue hue that the previous firmware had. I was scared it was actually thought it was going to be really yellow. However now I think the colours are more accurate.

Man of Honour
After a morning with it I don’t have any issues with the slight colour change. One thing I have noticed is that when you do a USB connect you now get asked “Turn off USB storage” instead of “on”. It’s no big deal as it works ok and they’ll fix it in the next drop.

Back
Top Bottom