Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Point is BF3 will have little in common with BC2 and that includes modes that fragment the community.

BF2 fragmented its community when special forces maps could not be in rotation with vanilla maps. That greated a huge split in the bf2 community. I don't understand what you trying to say. I just want bf3 to have a balance of big expansive maps like clean sweep or Oilfeilds and city maps. Its what made bf2 so good dirty street fights in karkand or jelly bean and or wide open battles in wake. bc2 was a very good game but was never meant to be a replacement of bf2, hell we sould be happy we got the game on pc.

Soldato
I hope the weapons are like BFBC2, rather than in Vietnam. In vietnam is feels almost like they have no real recoil or bullet spread, handles more like CoD (i.e; less use of iron sights and scope).

Soldato
I hope the weapons are like BFBC2, rather than in Vietnam. In vietnam is feels almost like they have no real recoil or bullet spread, handles more like CoD (i.e; less use of iron sights and scope).

What part of BF3 is a direct sequel to BF2 is hard to understand, BF3 weapons will not be as simple to aim and shoot as BC2 which frankly is a noob shooter, think BF2 gun mechanics but hugely refined.

Soldato

BC2 weapons are hardly any better either ideally BF3 would match counter strike in terms of reocil etc and sniping really needs some element of "skill"

Soldato
What part of BF3 is a direct sequel to BF2 is hard to understand, BF3 weapons will not be as simple to aim and shoot as BC2 which frankly is a noob shooter, think BF2 gun mechanics but hugely refined.

I wouldn't count on it tbh, they'll be wanting to make this game "accessible" to the CoD masses.

You're a marketing product managers dream, you're hyping up this game to high-heaven.

BC2 weapons are hardly any better either ideally BF3 would match counter strike in terms of reocil etc and sniping really needs some element of "skill"

I thought the BC2 weapon handling was pretty good, it could be made a little harder but thought it wasn't too far off the mark.

Last edited:
Soldato

Are you on the development team?

Quite honestly, having played both to death, they are both as easy to shoot others. In fact, there are certain things you can do on BF2, when faced with a one on one, that unless your opponent does exactly the same as you, they will die.

All BF3 needs to do is be like BC2 with some polish and bigger maps with jets etc.

Caporegime
What part of BF3 is a direct sequel to BF2 is hard to understand, BF3 weapons will not be as simple to aim and shoot as BC2 which frankly is a noob shooter,

:rolleyes:

If thats a noob shooter with it utilising bullet drop over distance etc i suppose games like the cod series or quake must have been made for drooling retards.
Think you need to wind your neck in raven, your little bout of elitism is getting pretty boring to say the least.

Last edited:
Associate
There's just something that doesn't excite me to even send me looking at trailers of this game. I'm not a fan of multiplayer shooters and although the campaign of BC2 ended up being pretty decent (and I became a bit of a pro at killing the bad guys :)) something didn't keep me coming back to it. I'm thinking this will probably be the same, with a tacked on singleplayer and evolved but equally difficult multiplayer.

Yawn

Soldato
OP
All BF3 needs to do is be like BC2 with some polish and bigger maps with jets etc.

Its a whole new engine tho isn't it? Meaning it will be nothing like bc2 so to speak?

Tbh i hope its not like bc2, if you put jets etc on there would make it worse, we need the rugged feel of BF2. BC2 feels way to arcadey... What we need is something between Arma 2 and BC2

Just bought the rig in my sig after seeing that trailer :p

I'd have never done that, you should have waited until its released and up grade from there.... I'm keeping back about £1000 for an upgrade ready for BF3 as i intend to play it for the next 5 years :D (unless bf4 comes out ofc) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom