Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
OP
Hope they get rid of an awful lot of the CoD style hud elements or at least have them as server side options. The price we pay for consoles once again.

They've said in previous videos showcases that they are playing in relaxed realism mode (I guess so they can show stuff that is otherwise hidden normally), so I imagine its the same for the GDC stuff. Either way they've stated that the HUD elements will be customisable both via server and client just like in RO:Ost front.

Totally agree though that the HUD shown is way to cluttered.

Nice to see that they used the same music in the trailer as the movie "enemy at the gates".

Surprised if it is, they've got the guy (Sam Hulick?) who did the Mass Effect soundtrack onboard for the music. Wouldn't be surprised if they sound fairly similar though. :p

Caporegime
Animations seem to be a mixed bag, some look very fluent and some look very robotic, the mp 40 reload animation for example. Destruction looks a bit meh as well, that first building he was shooting at it was like it was divided up into 3 chunks the way it got destroyed by the tank shells.

Last edited:
Permabanned
In the video when the player is commanding the tank the guy says thats a new feature, its not it was there in the original.

Got nothing else to add just wanted to point that out.

Soldato
In the video when the player is commanding the tank the guy says thats a new feature, its not it was there in the original.

Got nothing else to add just wanted to point that out.

Not true. In Ostfront, the Commander position directly operated the main turret. In Heroes of Stalingrad, it's a separate position, so you give orders to the gunner who fires for you.

Associate
It's looking good. Looks like it is keeping everything about Ostfront that I liked and adding in a load more stuff such as better graphics, more detail on the tanks and more multiplayer modes and support.

My only concern at the moment is the cover system, I hope it works well and that your head is not always sticking out when you don't want it to be. It does look like it works pretty well so far, especially with the machine gunner being able to duck down like that and reload/change barrels. I hope it feels fluid and does not get in the way like in some other games.

Caporegime
sounds most promising fps game with new features of the year but....

hardly any new videos or anything only same text about things already known. also was supposed to be out about summer not put back. was supposed to be out about now then summer then rumours of oct november now.

Associate
With the beta testing involving selected clans, you know Tripwire will listen to any feedback, so hopefully it will not only be accessible to new guys, but satisfy the RO/semi realism crowd.... i wasted (enjoyed, 'wasted' according to the Mrs) the best part of 18 months playing RO, at 47 years old i cannot begin to tell you how eagerly i am awaiting this game.....damn i'm sad :)

Associate
As you, I have been playing RO in its various forms since 2003. Played for fun and at clan level until the ageing engine and its limitations really started to frustrate me.

Only play it in small bursts now as I don't want to hate this game as I have numerous memories and fun experiences over the years.

BTW I'm only a few years younger than you.

Back
Top Bottom