*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Soldato
Not happy with that at all. I'll be buying MSI in future, they've been very communicative through this whole mess and have actually listened to what their customers want/expect. If I can get a refund I'll buy an MSI board. If not I might sell the replacement Asus and go with an MSI P67 board anyways.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder what difference the whole "All accessories included" and "Retail packaging included" options make?

I would like to think that if a customer returns a complete retail pack, then that is what they will receive in return, but if (for example) they just return the board itself, then that is what they will get back.

Hopefully this will be clarified, once we are advised of the next stage in the process, which will presumably be to arrange a convenient date for the courier to come and collect the 'old' board.

I am sure that some folks will expect to be provided with suitable packaging though... and to have it collected either in the evening, or on a Saturday!

Associate
Disgusting service; once a valid serial has been confirmed a new board should be shipped out, once the end user has then had time to replace it then they should arrange collection of the old one. No down time should be accepted. This is downright appalling!

Soldato
Not happy with that at all. I'll be buying MSI in future, they've been very communicative through this whole mess and have actually listened to what their customers want/expect. If I can get a refund I'll buy an MSI board. If not I might sell the replacement Asus and go with an MSI P67 board anyways.

Ive done exactly the same tonight and ordered a MSI board,there CS seems miles ahead of Asus. Ive also had a few issues with my P8P67 board.

Associate
Ive done exactly the same tonight and ordered a MSI board,there CS seems miles ahead of Asus. Ive also had a few issues with my P8P67 board.

I've yet to buy my P67 board (not sure if I can wait for Z68), so I've been following the "replacement program" with interest. There's little to choose between Asus/Gigabyte/MSI (imho), so I'd rather spend a few quid extra just in case there are problems later on.

Considering that Intel are footing the bill, there's no reason for mobo manufacturers to short-change their customers as far as replacements are concerned. Yet the difference in procedures and attitudes is alarming. So far, MSI are winning with their advance replacements, while Asus get the wooden spoon. I've yet to see Gigabyte's UK stance, but I doubt it will be as poor as Asus.

Associate
One more point on ASUS:

Asus US are also allowing an advanced swap. Rather than requiring a PayPal account, Asus US will put a hold on your credit card to the value of the RRP for the card.

They deliver new card, collect the old card. When old card is returned they drop the hold on the credit card.

Why are Asus UK NOT doing this? As you say, Intel are picking up the bill for all of this so there is no net loss for Asus.

It seems as if Gerald Ratner is now the CEO of Asus UK.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
It seems as if Gerald Ratner is now the CEO of Asus UK.

i think that's a fair comment :p

There used to be an Asus rep on here, but he stopped posting after he got flamed senseless over Asus's shockingly dire RMA process, which is probably just as well tbh.

personally i won't swap my board out till some time in May, i want to see what price point Z68 comes in at, then i'll buy a MSI or Gigabyte Z68, swap out my P8P67, & sell the replacement so ive had a cheap upgrade.

Associate
So Asus will come to your door and collect the faulty motherboard. Then deliver it within 7-10 working days back to you directly?

That sounds ok apart from the length of time we'll be without a motherboard.

I sent Asus a message about this and asked if they could allow me to upgrade to the Asus P8P67 pro board if I pay the extra amount, don't see why they wouldn't as they are making more money but I'll have to wait and see, anyone else asked them this question?

And for everyone who is looking to sell their Asus boards, where will you sell them and how much do you think you could get? I have the standard Asus P8P67 board which was £124 from OCUK, any idea how much that would be worth after I get the new replacement?

Soldato
Why are Asus UK NOT doing this? As you say, Intel are picking up the bill for all of this so there is no net loss for Asus.

Possibly because they have payment processing facilities already set up? Did ASUS UK already commit to do advanced replacements? If not then I do not see the problem.

Associate
So Asus will come to your door and collect the faulty motherboard. Then deliver it within 7-10 working days back to you directly?

That sounds ok apart from the length of time we'll be without a motherboard.

Why is that OK when Asus (US), MSI (UK), Gigabyte (UK) will arrange to send a new board first?

That may be OK for you but for many others it's not going to be. It's poor service, whilst competitors are offering a better service.

---

Yesterday I emailed Asus (UK) asking if they would allow an Advanced swap out. I pointed out that other manufacturers and Asus US were offering an advanced swap out procedure. This is the reply I just had:

"Dear customer,

Please have a look on the link below:

http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

This website will provide you all the information regarding the Sandy bridge recall.

Kind regards,
Asus support team UK"

That is totally NOT answering my question.

Asus support staff do not exist right? They are a badly programmed Turing Test Bot.

Soldato
That may be OK for you but for many others it's not going to be. It's poor service, whilst competitors are offering a better service.

Sure that may be, it is thier choice to make.

That is totally NOT answering my question.

Yes it is 100% answering your question, they have directed you to the procedure which clearly does not offer advanced replacement as an option. So infact they are answering your question and the answer is no.

Associate
Wow. You really like to pick holes in my posts dont you.

I could be pedantic too, and state that the page does not say anything about advanced replacement. The fact that there is NO answer does not mean that the answer is NO.

I asked Asus this:

"Are you going to offer an Advanced swap out option like MSI and Gigabyte are doing?"

The reply I got did not answer the question. It pointed me to a page which does not answer the question.

Soldato
The reply I got did not answer the question. It pointed me to a page which does not answer the question.

But it does answer the question. The answer is no, what do you not understand about that? Otherwise they would have told you in thier support reply.

Associate
Where in any of the email text does it say "NO WE DO NOT OFFER AN ADVANCED REPLACEMENT".

Where on the asus page does it say "WE DO NOT OFFER AN ADVANCED REPLACEMENT".

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Why is that OK when Asus (US), MSI (UK), Gigabyte (UK) will arrange to send a new board first?

ive looked & ive looked & ive looked & i can't find anywhere on the Gigabyte UK site that says there going to be shipping boards out to the customer first before your return your B2, all i can find is this which makes no mention of advance swaps, neither does the Q&A section

give us a link to the advance swap out policy would you, as i'm obviously missing some thing.

Soldato
Where on the asus page does it say "WE DO NOT OFFER AN ADVANCED REPLACEMENT".

Lol they are not going to list everything they are NOT going to do.

haha

We do not offer an advanced replacement
We do not ship free anti stress pills with your replacement
We do not offer a Burger King collection service
etc etc

give us a link to the advance swap out policy would you, as i'm obviously missing some thing.

This is all there is,

http://uk.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=988

I guess this puts it in the resellers hands by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Lol they are not going to list everything they are NOT going to do.

haha

We do not offer an advanced replacement
We do not ship free anti stress pills with your replacement
We do not offer a Burger King collection service
etc etc

This is all there is,

http://uk.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=988

I guess this puts it in the resellers hands by the looks of it.

I think we just want answers as to why this is being handled so poorly, and Why we dont get advance swap out. It is hugely dissapointing and will put me off buying from Asus in the future.

Back
Top Bottom