Acer 8371/3810 Owners Thread

Associate
Funny thing is mine is away to ACER for exactly the same problem. I found it most noticeable just above the windows start button in anything white there was quite a disernable flicker. Acer arrange DHL to collect laptop so well soon find out what they replace.

John

Please let me know how this goes.

Soldato
Anyone seen the 3820Tz TimelineX is now available for less than £400 pounds? Ordered one for the mother-in-law so will have experience of it next week. It's got a Pentium dual core 6100 but still manages to maintain the roughly 8 hours battery life. The model I found doesn't have the dedicated graphics, but that's not an issue for the mother-in-law is it! lol

Associate
can some one let me know how to install 3g to my 3810 tg lots of bits on this sight but trouble putting them in order ,does the 3 card fit under the key board top right,have sim card slot behind battery.which 3g card is best thanks

InQ

InQ

Associate
Can anyone tell me which BIOS works for the 3810TG (dual GFX, HDMI port) to enable a lower speed fan?
Would I be able to alter the fan speed or is just set in the BIOS?

Associate
set my power system on performance level.mulitplier goes to 7.5 or 8 and with overclocking shown on this sight i can get 1.8 mhz make that 2.1mhz

Last edited:
Associate
Any one running the 8371g (switchable graphics) on linux?

Trying to disable the discrete card as its getting very hot. any ideas?

Gux

Gux

Associate
Where are you guys buying these cheap laptops from? I been looking for Acer 8371 and they are all well over £400.

Associate
Any one running the 8371g (switchable graphics) on linux?

Trying to disable the discrete card as its getting very hot. any ideas?
Hacked bios with the option of intel only is probably the only way.

If its getting very hot, you might want to try putting it as 'discrete only' in the bios just to see if that helps

Soldato
Just noticed on my laptop before I phoned Acer for warranty is that if i shine a light on the screen i can see the pixels/windows icons etc but it's really dark. i take it the backlight on the screen has went or something?

Associate
Just noticed on my laptop before I phoned Acer for warranty is that if i shine a light on the screen i can see the pixels/windows icons etc but it's really dark. i take it the backlight on the screen has went or something?

Yep that would be it, mine went last weekend, now just need to call UPS to pick it up. Seems like they are dropping like flies...

Soldato
Thing is i've just filled out acers online warranty and it says its expired on the date before i've purchased it! when I go to change the date it keeps coming up with "Please choose valid date" so I click on the date I purchased it and it kicks back with "invalid date"

Anyone else had this issue?

Yep that would be it, mine went last weekend, now just need to call UPS to pick it up. Seems like they are dropping like flies...

Seriously not impressed, my old toshiba was 7 years old and went like a trooper.

Associate
Thing is i've just filled out acers online warranty and it says its expired on the date before i've purchased it! when I go to change the date it keeps coming up with "Please choose valid date" so I click on the date I purchased it and it kicks back with "invalid date"

Anyone else had this issue?

Seriously not impressed, my old toshiba was 7 years old and went like a trooper.

true, my old dell, never had an issue apart from a dead hd, which is expected if you carry it around a lot, somewhat....

Also I had to email them my invoice to prove that it is in warranty, before that they were saying a ~£70 fee would be charged!

Soldato
true, my old dell, never had an issue apart from a dead hd, which is expected if you carry it around a lot, somewhat....

Also I had to email them my invoice to prove that it is in warranty, before that they were saying a ~£70 fee would be charged!

It's a horrible warranty centre, I refuse to submit a form with incorrect data because they can then hold me to ransom over it. I'll wait and see what they say from my email and then hopefully submit a proper claim. If not i'll have to submit it out of warranty and attach my invoice which I do not like doing.

Associate
Yeah, any company usually requires proof of purchase date with a warranty repair. Does anyone know how long it takes for the repair?
Worried about my backlight going now!

Does anyone know how you can buy an extended warranty? I've seen acer 2 year ones for £39 before.

Back
Top Bottom