***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

Associate
Associate
Yeah, good call. Didn't mean to come across so harsh! I'm just jealous I have to wait! I am intrigued though, did you know you can only use 50% of it's potential in your rig?

Caporegime
How do you find out what SATA3 controller a board has? I'm thinking about getting an MSI P67A-GD65 but I'd like to know if it will work well with a new SSD (whichever one I end up getting.

Associate
Got my 240GB drive yesterday and it's all installed.

Can confirm I'm getting the correct performance aTTo peaks at 570 read 520 write
Will try and post a screen shot later. This is on a P8P67 Pro motherboard and while in Windows 7.

So it does what it says on the tin :) which i'm delighted about... 570 Read with TRIM suits me perfectly

Soldato
Got my 240GB drive yesterday and it's all installed.

Can confirm I'm getting the correct performance aTTo peaks at 570 read 520 write
Will try and post a screen shot later. This is on a P8P67 Pro motherboard and while in Windows 7.

So it does what it says on the tin :) which i'm delighted about... 570 Read with TRIM suits me perfectly

Thats nice performance.:D

Sorry to go of topic but how have you got on with your P8P67 Pro? Any issues?

Associate
Thats nice performance.:D

Sorry to go of topic but how have you got on with your P8P67 Pro? Any issues?

I've been ok with the P8P67 Pro, Issues seem to relate to memory really, so I have always stuck to memory that works. I use the OCZ Reaper 1600 6-8-6-24 stuff. I did add a second set yesterday and started getting all the issues people describe (instant power off after boot, hanging with the PCI-e light on). I ended up having to loosen to 1600 8,8,8,24 to get it to work.
I also added a second GTX570 yesterday in SLI, which worried me cos a friend had terreble troble with a Deluxe and 2 x 480's which would not enable SLI.... mine works fine.

Other than that I have been fine.

Soldato
I've been ok with the P8P67 Pro, Issues seem to relate to memory really, so I have always stuck to memory that works. I use the OCZ Reaper 1600 6-8-6-24 stuff. I did add a second set yesterday and started getting all the issues people describe (instant power off after boot, hanging with the PCI-e light on). I ended up having to loosen to 1600 8,8,8,24 to get it to work.
I also added a second GTX570 yesterday in SLI, which worried me cos a friend had terreble troble with a Deluxe and 2 x 480's which would not enable SLI.... mine works fine.

Other than that I have been fine.

Thanks Simon.

Back to topic now.:)

Associate
Moved it onto my Intel (SATA2) controller and it's actually quicker than the Marvell (SATA3) one. Poor chipset, the Marvell one, lots seem to be having problems with S3 devices.

Soo, bit the bullet and decided on a Sandybridge upgrade. Should be more than the storage running quicker :)

Associate
What results did you get on the Marvell controller? Peaking at 410/236 in Atto here, which is about what I expected. Would be nice to use the full capability of the ssd of course, but as I only got this i7 930 and x58 mobo late last year.....going to be some time before I upgrade again!

Back
Top Bottom