My 'Complaint' to McDonalds

Associate
What do people think of my 'complaint' I sent in to McDonald's. I haven't had a McDonald's in so long and they messed up my order a little bit, so I thought I would say something... in a nice way!

Enjoy.

Hello Paul

Just a quick one really and I am sorry to be hassling you with something that would no doubt have been sorted if I went back to the restaurant on the day.

Basically, a friend and myself went to the Blaydon drive thru on Sunday and I decided that I would try out one of the 1/4 pounder deluxe burgers WITH BACON.
We picked up our order, checked the items inside and drove off back to my friends house to eat the food in the sun in her garden. When we checked our orders we just looked at the items in their packaging, as I wouldn't usually check inside the burger itself until I was ready to eat it.

It was at this point, sat in the sun in the garden when I noticed that there wasn't any bacon nor cheese in my burger, as a man you can imagine how that feels. (pictures attached)
Because of it being a little trek away in the car and it was such a nice day, I decided I would make my complaint via email.

I know it seems petty, or at least I know I feel a little bit petty complaining about such an issue, but I am writing it out of principle.
Since I actually paid for those extra ingredients in my burger. And if this happened to enough people in one day, that is a nice little jump in profits for no extra work.
Or someone in the store could be hoarding bacon and cheese and selling them on to competitors!
Obviously I know this isn't the plan and it was just a simple human error, easy to make when you're trapped inside on such a nice day I guess.

I know that if I went back to the restaurant they would have no doubt swapped it over for a fresh burger, but by the time I factored in the petrol and time costs it just wouldn't have been worth it.

Is there any way you could compensate me for my losses with a voucher for some bacon and cheese please?

Kind regards,
Andrew Simpson

Soldato
If we are on complaint letters.. here was mine to Players in Sheffield

Players Bar Sheffield
125-127 West Street
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S1 4ER

To the Manager

I am writing in order to bring to your attention the recent sub-par evening I was unfortunate enough to be party to at your fine establishment.

The point at which things turned sour occurred some 30 minutes after entering the premises and was largely due to the overreaction of one of your members of staff. Note that when I say ‘largely’, I mean entirely. Also note that I use the term ‘member of staff’ in the generic sense as it was unclear as to whether the individual was employed directly by your business or hired through a contract/agency. It also contains the word ‘member’ which I feel accurately describes the individual in question.

The incident played out as follows: It was not a busy night and myself and an associate were talking. A playful shove was administered in his direction, entirely in good nature. I did not ask him but I am sure he would have agreed to it had I sought his permission beforehand. In fact, I am confident he would sign a disclaimer to show his prior approval, post-dated. Permission issues aside, he unfortunately tripped over an object behind him and briefly fell to the ground. He has trouble with his legs. They’re bowed.

It was at this point, a bouncer, clearly under some sort of power trip mindset, accosted both myself and my associate and dragged us outside using significantly undue force and was unnecessarily violent towards us. To further add insult to injury, said bouncer also (laughably) implied that he actually owned the establishment we had been ejected from, referring to it as “his bar”. As annoyed as I was at the situation, I didn’t feel it was appropriate to argue semantics at that moment in time but for the record, just, no. Really, no.

I have witnessed many almost identical situations in various other venues in and outside of Sheffield and bouncers have never acted in such a manner. They have responded in a calm, professional way and assessed the situation on its individual merits. One might even go as far as decided to use even go want to do look more like. Common sense and the capability of rational thought was clearly something that had escaped our dear friend in this instance.

In conclusion, I wish to reclaim my entry fee in full on the grounds that I was ejected and injured unfairly in this incident.

I wish to also make you aware that I intend to pursue this matter further. By that I mean, I am fully prepared to go to the extent of pretending to boycott your place of business and being unduly smug about it for two reasons:

1) It will give me a sense of self satisfaction and give me a chance to complain endlessly about this, the most severe case of injustice I have ever experienced.
2) Actually boycotting your business will achieve nothing beyond inconveniencing myself as you will continue to make money from all the other people who are happy to spend some or all of their nights out there.

I would also put forward a claim for emotional distress, loss of earnings and personal injury but I am not emotionally distressed, have lost no earnings and sustained no lasting injured. Also, I really cannot be bothered.

tl;dr Got kicked out, moaning about it.

Regards

Soldato
I hate it when the mess up an order. We usually order stuff and then take it home and eat it there.

Theres been a few times when theres been stuff missing from our order, usually one of the smaller items like potato wedges, mozerella sticks or whatever small snack item they have going at the time. Its got to the point where I always check the bag now before leaving.

Soldato
Hahahaha, complaining about a McDonald's.

Fast food chains screw up all the time, just take it and leave it & don't bother going there again.

Soldato
Never apologise when complaining. You'll get a voucher, I've complained to Greggs and Somerfields recently and both times got a £2 voucher.
Greggs was because I only had half a sausage in my sausage roll.
Somerfields was because of the total lack of black (my favourite) winegums in their own brand winegums.
I was just seeing what would happen if I complained, I wouldn't normally.

Here is my Somerfield one:
To whom it may concern,

I was doing a quick shop in your shop on Alexandra Parade in Glasgow the other day. I was only buying a few things, some salad, some bread, bit of milk, you know, the usual things. Anyway, I thought I'd buy a bag of your own brand wine gums as I am a big fan of wine gums (of any brand).
I returned home, put my shopping away and preceded to open the bag and enjoy my tasty sweeties. I popped a yellow one (not my favourite, but still good) into my mouth. Yum yum I thought. I quickly followed this with a red one, and then an orange. For the last couple of days I've been treating myself occasionally to them. Orange ones, green ones, all good. However, there wasn't a SINGLE black (my favourite, by a country mile) one in the bag.

Now can you tell me if there is some checks on to make sure there are a certain number of each gum in each bag, as I was quite shocked and extremely disappointed not to get my favourite flavour. Or are you just phasing out black wine gums for whatever reason? Maybe the flavour or colouring you use is too expensive. Though, I have lost a lot of faith in both your wine gums and your other products as a direct result of this.

Please can you get back to me ASAP and give some guarantees that this won't happen again or at the very least will be highly unlikely.

I thank you in advance,

Can't find my Greggs email, but this is their response:

Dear Mr Frew

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regard to the sausage roll purchased from our shop at Duke Street. We were concerned to hear that the product did not meet the high standard you have come to expect from our products. We would like to assure you that we have procedures and quality control checks in place within our bakery and shops to ensure that our products on sale are of the highest quality.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment which may have been caused and, as a gesture of goodwill, if you could forward me your full postal address I would like to offer you some complimentary vouchers.

Kind regards

Arlene Cameron

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom