***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
Think the sensation could be my upgrade from galaxy S, oh how I wish the SGS2 had a higher res screen....I'd snap it up in a heartbeat...

Still the HTC Cyanogen roms are totally awesome so thats a big plus for the HTC as the support for them isnt perfect on samsungs yet.

Man of Honour
Be interesting to see a sample taken with the video recorder, I wonder if htc have learnt there lesson yet and got it right.

Well they haven't gone into detail about the camera yet or shown any samples so I reckon it's just 30fps but the metering will be sloppy like on all current HTC phones. The exposure metering needs to be smooth, like on the SGS (and SGSII) so transitions from dark to light sources when recording are smooth.

Hope I'm wrong about the Sensation though!

The Nexus S has sloppy metering to, it's nowhere near as smooth as the SGS, for example but still better than HTC.

Soldato
Build: HTC = Aluminium Unibody construction
Samsung = Plastic

This is a huge reason for me as to why the original Galaxy S looked and felt like total **** to me.
Build quality is a must these days. Under the hood so to speak they are both going to be very close and with Android it doesn't really matter which you prefer as you can use any ROM you like.

Soldato
i'd have though all android phones will display the same amount of content regardless of the res, e.g. say the sg2 had a higher res, it'll still display 4 icons from left to right which is the same as sg1.

qHD can display 5 icons no probs - as Khaaan said the icons will be smaller.

Pic below of the Atrix.

1OP2k.png

Soldato
regarding screen res, if your phone is rooted, you can increase the dpi, this has screen a dramatic effect on the screen real estate, even my DHD looks much better, setting the dpi to 190 means 5 columns and 6 rows of widgets, you can go lower, but things start to render inco 6rrectly, at 180 you can get 6 cols and 7 rows, but the text size is getting a bit silly..

Soldato
i'd have though all android phones will display the same amount of content regardless of the res, e.g. say the sg2 had a higher res, it'll still display 4 icons from left to right which is the same as sg1.

If you're talking about the Samsung Galaxy, both the Galaxy S and Galaxy S II use the same display resolution.

If you're talking about the Samsung Galaxy, both the Galaxy S and Galaxy S II use the same display resolution.

ok here's perhaps a better example of what i thought would happen. i currently have a hero using launcher pro. i can get 5 icons on the dock bar (not sure exact name but the lowes set of icons on homescreens), if i go to the highest res android phone still using lp wouldn't i still be able to get only 5 across the dockbar?

Associate
I think this looks like a decent phone, I've been waiting for the dual core ones to come out to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS (which I've hated for the two years I've owned). It's either the Sensation or the GS2, I'll wait until I can hold both in my hand.

I HATE the build quality and plasticy feel of the old Galaxy, love the solidity and weight of the HTC phones - build quality will be the decider for me in the end I think.

Back
Top Bottom