***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
I'm now running CM10 Kang Beta which is Jelly bean. Been very impressed since the last couple of releases have made it totally stable for me and its really smooth without sense to slow things down.

any idea what GAPPS is about? it gives a link to it on the xda thread for kang with no explanation and ive never come across it to my memory before.

and im currently running the ICS Virtuous inquisition rom so need to 4ext wipe, which is a new thing as well. will it conflict with clockwork recovery?

Last edited:
Soldato
any idea what GAPPS is about? it gives a link to it on the xda thread for kang with no explanation and ive never come across it to my memory before.

and im currently running the ICS Virtuous inquisition rom so need to 4ext wipe, which is a new thing as well. will it conflict with clockwork recovery?

Gapps is google apps, market gmail etc, flash the Rom then flash gapps otherwise you wo.t have them and others

Soldato
Once you get used to it you'll wonder why you ever thought it was complicated in any way. It's a lot easier now that it was when i rooted my HTC Magic. In those days, saying that makes it sound like it was in the 1900's :D, if you bricked your phone it was bricked. Now there's every chance you'd be able to get your phone back to stock state from bricked.

Soldato
Yeh I've rooted since the desire but I haven't looked at the scene since ICS came out and those new words in the readme threw me. How come gapps is now a separate install? Seems like 4ext is a more advanced clockworkmod

Soldato
Yeh I've rooted since the desire but I haven't looked at the scene since ICS came out and those new words in the readme threw me. How come gapps is now a separate install? Seems like 4ext is a more advanced clockworkmod

I think its a licensing thing as far as gapps goes, 4ext recovery is really good when you get the hand of it, its similar to clockworkmod touch but a bit prettier to look at

Soldato
Just got a software update on my Vodaphone branded Sensation, now running software version 3.32.161.52. Bug fixes listed were as follows:

- Solves incompatibility issue for latest version of Google Maps.
- Improved stability of Phone function.
- Fixes an issue causing no sender name on Message App.

Caporegime
I've decided to sit down and work my way through rooting and flashing my Sensation. What's a good rom? I'd actually quite like a stock JB rom without Sense to give it a try, I'm bored of Sense.

Soldato
Kang is one of the best non sense roms but Bluetooth doesn't work properly if you use a Bluetooth car kit. I've moved back to darkforest which is lovely and smooth with lots of nice tweaks to sense.

Soldato
Thinking of rooting my sensation and using it as a 2nd for strava etc while cycling.
What are the best roms/mods for long battery life but that have working GPS and Wireless etc?

Back
Top Bottom