***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Caporegime
Im still not feeling it. SG II still looks like a better option and will hopefully be released sooner.

Yup I think the same too, the Samsung has an amazing screen, awesome DACs, and the camera will likely be gash on the HTC as usual.

ok here's perhaps a better example of what i thought would happen. i currently have a hero using launcher pro. i can get 5 icons on the dock bar (not sure exact name but the lowes set of icons on homescreens), if i go to the highest res android phone still using lp wouldn't i still be able to get only 5 across the dockbar?

Well think about it... higher rez means natively higher icon amounts (thus proper scaling in both portrait and landscape modes), and clearer and sharper text and web browsing, especially on large screens. It really isn't rocket science.

Man of Honour
Shame the Samsung one looks fugly :(

Aye.. Sensation's looks with the SG2 innards and you'd have a pretty much perfect phone but the SG2 truely does look like a horrible cheap pos

I really dont think it looks that bad at all. People are calling it an iPhone 4 ripoff, why? Its black and fairly square, big woop!

I do love that a lot of people in this forum whine about Apple users harping on about aesthetics when a lot of them are just as bad :p

Soldato
I really dont think it looks that bad at all. People are calling it an iPhone 4 ripoff, why? Its black and fairly square, big woop!

I do love that a lot of people in this forum whine about Apple users harping on about aesthetics when a lot of them are just as bad :p

pffft! :p

Soldato
All we can hope is its a early model and it will be better but my experience of the 3 htc phones I have owned from hero, deisre, desire hd , the video quality has been terrible on all of them.

Soldato
That video is truly shocking, surely they can do better than that?

Mind you I think I still prefer this phone to the SGS2 -- looks and build quality mean a lot to me and to be honest I'll rarely use the video camera.

Are there any example pics from the still camera?

Soldato
Soldato
Ah I missed those, thank you.

They don't look too bad, but then nothing does compared to my current iPhone 3G, which is beyond awful camera-wise.

I really do think that I'll be going for this phone, but will be waiting until Vodafone lose their exclusivity on it first.

Soldato
Tbh, despite the SG2 having 256Mb more RAM, im still gonna say the Sensation is the one to go for. Assuming the GPU in the sensation is comparable to Tegra2...

HTCs have always had better mod communities, and i know if i got the SG2 that at some point im gonna go 'hmm, wouldnt mind running android XXX now'. And with a SG2 i either wont be able to, it'll be a pain to do, or my ROM choices will be limited. Where as with the Sensation i'll have tons of choices & tons of ways to do it!

It'll be interesting to see the SIM free price..

On a different note, is the Desire S their 'next gen' 3.7" phone and the Sensation their 4"+ one?
As thats the only other thing that bothers me about the Sensation and SG2, is the fact that i prefer the 'size' of my Desire tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
After playing with the SG2 and the HTC sensation yesterday I have to say the following...

SG2: Amazing screen, really fast and smooth playing videos and screen transitions, camera seem to take good pictures but it was under show lighting.
Really thin to.

But why oh why is it so rubbish to hold? It feels like something you get cheap from China.
Very plastic feeling and lightweight. Feels like it would break the first time you sat down with it in your pocket. Very disappointed. :(

HTC sensation:
Much better to hold than the desire HD due to it being thinner and longer.
It was running a beta version of the sense interface but was still really fast and smooth with some great features.
Screen was very clear, not up to the SG2 but good enough. Didn't get to use the camera.

Felt great to hold. just the right weight and balance, sturdy.

I also had a go with the LG x2, SE arc and the Atrix, it's going to be hard to decide when they come out properly!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that SimonCHere, useful to have thoughts from someone who's played with them :) May I ask where you got to play with the phones?

Would you say it's too wide? That is my only concern and the Desire S is another option in that case.

Associate
The gadget show live.
The Samsung was on their stand, the sensation was in the HTC representatives pocket on the expansys stand. :D

the atrix was on show at the T3 event. I asked the nice lady to let me have a play with it after the display and there you have it.

I discounted the desire HD because it was too wide (and I don't have girly hands) the sensation was just right!

Back
Top Bottom