***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
Ive seen a lcd standard desire..not impressed ..marked difference over my amoled one

Maybe I need to wait longer?

Well, the Arc screen is very, very good.

It doesn't quite have the colour depth of AMOLED or the sharpness of the iPhone 4 screen, but it does have a better balance of both sharpness and contrast than both retina and AMOLED screens... if that makes sense.

The 320MB ROM should be fine as you can put many of the apps on the SD card if required, although it could do with being a bit higher, certainly.

Caporegime
Well, the Arc screen is very, very good.

It doesn't quite have the colour depth of AMOLED or the sharpness of the iPhone 4 screen, but it does have a better balance of both sharpness and contrast than both retina and AMOLED screens... if that makes sense.

The 320MB ROM should be fine as you can put many of the apps on the SD card if required, although it could do with being a bit higher, certainly.

Many of the apps I use are not sd :/ can't use any more on my desire

I would have to check it out, the dot pitch may be too high for me

Man of Honour
To be honest, in the current market you aren't going to get a phone that does everything perfectly, the technology is too widespread/patented/etc.

You just have to prioritise what you use the most on your phone and get the one that ticks the most boxes :)

Caporegime
I've just checked it, if I'm full using the desire..the se is a definite no..thats stupidly small

Edt..thing is only takes like 100 mb of third part apps to full the desire

Edited

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest, in the current market you aren't going to get a phone that does everything perfectly, the technology is too widespread/patented/etc.

You just have to prioritise what you use the most on your phone and get the one that ticks the most boxes :)
Do you know if there's a list of Android apps that can be moved to an SD card using Apps2SD for example? Or will the Android app sites tell you for each app they list whether it can be moved to/run from an SD card or not? I can't imagine I'd use up enough of the Sensation's 1GB to worry about it, especially if I can move most of my apps to SD. I might just check the apps on my Magic and the apps I'd be interested in with my next phone to see how much space I would need on the phone itself for apps that can't be moved to/run from SD. :)

Man of Honour
Do you know if there's a list of Android apps that can be moved to an SD card using Apps2SD for example? Or will the Android app sites tell you for each app they list whether it can be moved to/run from an SD card or not? I can't imagine I'd use up enough of the Sensation's 1GB to worry about it, especially if I can move most of my apps to SD. I might just check the apps on my Magic and the apps I'd be interested in with my next phone to see how much space I would need on the phone itself for apps that can't be moved to/run from SD. :)

I'm not sure if there is a list as there are so many apps, but I generally found that any large apps, like games, usually always have the SD card option.

1GB is quite a lot, most apps (non games) are a couple of meg at most.

Soldato
I'm not sure if there is a list as there are so many apps, but I generally found that any large apps, like games, usually always have the SD card option.

1GB is quite a lot, most apps (non games) are a couple of meg at most.
Cheers Robbo.

That's more like it, looks like an evo 3d for me.
Is the EVO 3D coming to the UK? HTC haven't announced it yet so I guess it won't be here for a while yet.

Caporegime
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/htc-evo-3d-coming-to-europe-keeping-the-sexy-name-and-specs/

Well i prefer the htc for size and feel, light phones have a habit of falling from my hands, plus the sgs2 will no doubt feel cheap and plasticky. Plus the 3d has a better battery and storage over the sensation.

I might hang on for a dual core xperia arc as i do like that phone.

From an earlier preview in late March: http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2011/03/22/hands-on-with-the-sprint-htc-evo-3d/

That 3D screen? Meh. Admittedly, I’m not a big fan of 3D media in general, but 3D on this screen isn’t particularly great. The “sweet spot” (the viewing angle where the 3D effect works) seems pretty small. I might be crazy, but I remember the sweet spot/overall 3D effect on the Optimus 3D being a bit better than this.

The screen will have been the final version... and exactly what I expected, a bit naff.

Caporegime
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/htc-evo-3d-coming-to-europe-keeping-the-sexy-name-and-specs/

Well i prefer the htc for size and feel, light phones have a habit of falling from my hands, plus the sgs2 will no doubt feel cheap and plasticky. Plus the 3d has a better battery and storage over the sensation.

I might hang on for a dual core xperia arc as i do like that phone.

i would like the arc [with a few tweaks], dual core would be prefered, but its no big issue, i dont play games on it that are stressing,
better resolution screen,
bigger storage, the screen just being lcd may kill it for me, otherwise id get it now

i also like sturdy phones too

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully if I end up with this, it won't have the same issues sending txts as my Desire, my gf's Desire and a mates Desire.

Works fine for a while then we get endless 'message not sent' errors regardless of what SMS program is used. All 3 handsets are on a different network as well.

me too on htc hero. figured it was either a bad rom or orange. i have reception, click send, it disappears and i get message not sent. wait until reception comes back and retry then same thing until randomly it'll work.

what about phone calls. e.g. sat in my seat not moving i just got a voice mail 10 seconds ago so i rang voice mail straight away with full bars of reception, within a few seconds it changes to no reception what so ever, hangs up and then it's back in about 10 seconds. having mobile phones before for almost 10 years i've never had this issue until android

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom