Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I've been left with mixed feelings about that episode. On the one hand the wolves are awesome, that brunette slave chick was oh so hot! and we saw how horrible the Lannisters can be. While on the other I thought it was terribly boring, slow and the acting of the children annoyed me. Maybe it would possibly have been better had it been shown along with the 1st episode back to back.

Soldato
Yeah, as said earlier, I didn't think it was the best of episodes, certainly a step down from the first episode. Hopefully it will pick up as the series progresses.

10 episodes in this season so I guess things will progress pretty quickly.

Soldato
That son on the King was a right little sod!

Was pretty shocking to see that they killed that Butcher's Boy as well, poor guy had done nothing wrong and was even respectful of the royalty.

Soldato
HBO have obviously tried hard, but the second episode seemed to get a litte hammy and cheap.

You can see the actors doing their best to build the intrigue, then you get the producers coming in and screaming "more sex" which spoils the momentum for me.

The books are HUGE and there is so much going on, the episodes have to be selective about what they show. For me it is sad to have two scenes dedicated to Daenarys learning how to please her man. It is really inconsequential to the overall plot and seems a gratuitous sex scene rather than something that adds to the show.

Obviously this is a prudish opinion- my preference is to go and watch pron if I want to watch sex rather than tune into an epic political intrigue drama.

On the plus side, the actors are doing a damn fine job at developing their characters quickly despite the relatively small amount of screen time/dialogue they each have.

The director indulging creatively with the direwolves/kids synergy also added nicely to something that is very difficult to do in a book- bran waking up the moment that Lady is put down.

Caporegime
first ep was better for me.... need Dragons!

1zohhcp.jpg

Soldato
Epic series will be epic :D

Really loving this...is there anything else similar at the moment I could watch? I've seen Rome & Spartacus...anything else olde world I might enjoy if I like those 3 shows?

BTW...another question...I assume the white/great wall is man made? I think it was mentioned briefly but want to be sure.

And to echo a few other comments...this needs dragons, they're heavily hinting towards it with the eggs introduced in the first episode then a few lingering shots in episode 2.

Soldato
^ Probably The Tudors if you are into the sex part!

Not bothered about sex tbh...sure it livens things up a bit but not a necessity.

Isn't The Tudor's british made though, the production on home grown historical drama really makes me want to cry sometimes.

EDIT: Just googled it, irish/canadian production, might be worth a shot.

Caporegime
The tudors is a high quality historical drama, it's one of those series you just have to have a as a dvd or blueray collection.

Same people who are doing The Borgias which is also a top quality series so far

Associate
The Tudors is an awesome series, one of my favourites of all time. The Borgias is reckoned to be good too.
I'm going to wait till Game of Thrones is complete, and watch them on the Sky+ a bit closer together, hate getting into a show then having to wait a week for the next fix :D

AGD

AGD

Soldato
For me it is sad to have two scenes dedicated to Daenarys learning how to please her man. It is really inconsequential to the overall plot and seems a gratuitous sex scene rather than something that adds to the show.

These scenes seem to be quite important in her character development. At the beginning, she is very timid, weak, and a slave to the wills of her brother and khal. Her taking initiative, will strengthen the relationship with khal (at the expense of that with her brother?) and is part of her becoming stronger individually.

But it's good sex too. :p

Thought the second episode was better than the first - got to find out a lot more about the characters and their weaknesses. Really good so far. :)

Back
Top Bottom