** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why? because he chose to go for the bigger wages?
You also have to remember that we had a really strong finish to the league, won an FA Cup and in the Champions League so it is not only money that would entice him to come to City.
If we had finished 5th/6th etc then i would agree but now we have broke the top 4 and have won something then the money is not as relevant to our transfers because players can now see that we actually have a real chance of becoming really successful domestically and in Europe which wasn't the case when we started in 2008/9 when all the players we signed pretty much joined for money.

No not because of the wages but because you continually ruin the careers of every striker you touch. Even David Blunkett can see that you have wasted vast amounts of cash on forwards over the last couple of years and discarded them with alarming regularity.

Which £20m+ striker will this guy replace? Dzeko? Balotelli? Tevez? Or is he being brought in to replace Bellamy or Santa who you are paying to play for other clubs?

Soldato
No not because of the wages but because you continually ruin the careers of every striker you touch. Even David Blunkett can see that you have wasted vast amounts of cash on forwards over the last couple of years and discarded them with alarming regularity.

Which £20m+ striker will this guy replace? Dzeko? Balotelli? Tevez? Or is he being brought in to replace Bellamy or Santa who you are paying to play for other clubs?
Ruin the careers?
RSC- Always injured and when he isn't he is truly awful.
Jo- Less said the better
Adebayor- Played well when he wanted to and awful when he didnt (Arsenal fans can back this)
Bellamy-Had a great few seasons before he did something Mancini didn't like.

We let RSC go back to Blackburn, Bellamy to his home club to try and get promotion and Adebayor to Real where he seems happy. Hardly ruined them.

Gervinho won't replace any of them. He is being brought in because we need quality squad depth. What if Tevez leaves, we should just keep Balotelli and Dzeko? Is it not allowed to have over 3 strikers?

Should we have just kept playing RSC and Adebayor hoping that we could get into the Champions League? If it doesn't work you fix it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ruin the careers?
RSC- Always injured and when he isn't he is truly awful.
Jo- Less said the better
Adebayor- Played well when he wanted to and awful when he didnt (Arsenal fans can back this)

We let RSC go back to Blackburn, Bellamy to his home club to try and get promotion and Adebayor to Real where he seems happy. Hardly ruined them.

Gervinho won't replace any of them. He is being brought in because we need quality squad depth. What if Tevez leaves, we should just keep Balotelli and Dzeko? Is it not allowed to have over 3 strikers?

Should we have just kept playing RSC and Adebayor hoping that we could get into the Champions League? If it doesn't work you fix it.
Ade still has just under a 1 goal every 2 games for you..and you only really play one striker at a time, so having Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko/Gervinho/Ade/Bellamy is just a bit too many.

Bellamy said he'd only leave for Cardiff, so he'll probably stay unless they'd offload him cheap.

Also depth? You have about 13.5 players (.5 = SWP) for each position!

Soldato
Ruin the careers?
RSC- Always injured
Jo- Less said the better

You can have as many strikers as you want but you should maybe have a look at the criteria used to purchase them.

Yes, ruin the careers.

Im a Utd fan so im meant to hate City but i actually believe you have every right to spend as much money as you want on players, i dont buy into this financial fair play at all. However you should learn from Blackburn and Chelsea who wasted absolute fortunes in the pursuit of titles. It works in the short term but leaves nothing in terms of a legacy.

You have NO pecking order. Every single striker was a big money signing so expects to play, is anyone surprised that they get upset when they dont?

On an individual basis every signing was fine if its a player the manager genuinely thinks is quality but this policy of buying, playing a couple of games and on to the next one will not bring long term success unless your only aim is simply to prove you have more money than anyone else which we all knew already.

Soldato
Ade still has just under a 1 goal every 2 games for you..and you only really play one striker at a time, so having Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko/Gervinho/Ade/Bellamy is just a bit too many.

Bellamy said he'd only leave for Cardiff, so he'll probably stay unless they'd offload him cheap.

I know he does but he could have easily doubled that probably. The relationship between him and Mancini isn't great either so that doesn't help.

Well next season we won't have all them will we. We will have hopefully, Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli and Gervinho. If Tevez leaves we have 3 strikers. Two of which can also play left and right wing. So one out and out striker isn't a lot.

RSC/Ade/Bellamy wont return next year. They will be offloaded cheaply just to get the wages off. Would be very very surprised to see any of them.

You can have as many strikers as you want but you should maybe have a look at the criteria used to purchase them.

Yes, ruin the careers.

Im a Utd fan so im meant to hate City but i actually believe you have every right to spend as much money as you want on players, i dont buy into this financial fair play at all. However you should learn from Blackburn and Chelsea who wasted absolute fortunes in the pursuit of titles. It works in the short term but leaves nothing in terms of a legacy.

You have NO pecking order. Every single striker was a big money signing so expects to play, is anyone surprised that they get upset when they dont?

On an individual basis every signing was fine if its a player the manager genuinely thinks is quality but this policy of buying, playing a couple of games and on to the next one will not bring long term success unless your only aim is simply to prove you have more money than anyone else which we all knew already.
Criteria was when we signed Ade,RSC, Tevez etc was to get to the Top 4 as quickly as possible. It backfired and it took longer than ADUG thought.

I think we actually have made a lot of very good signings. We haven't signed a load of experienced players on massive wages like Chelsea did in Sheva/Deco/Ballack we have signed A.Johnson/Balotelli/Boateng/Milner all good young players who have a lot of years ahead of them and can be part of a legacy. You then also have Joe Hart/Richards/Boyata who are also young and can be part of a legacy, who have come through the Academy (not so much Joe) and could have easily been replaced by players like Buffon etc when we got money but they didn't.

Which players have got upset at not playing? Adebayor is the only one. I dont remember RSC ever saying anything, Dzeko has not complained since he has joined and neither has Balotelli. Bellamy also didn't complain Mancini just didnt like him.

Last edited:
Soldato
RSC/Ade/Bellamy wont return next year. They will be offloaded cheaply just to get the wages off. Would be very very surprised to see any of them.

So thats nearly £60m of striker written off in a single sentence. If Ade has a bad attitude why sign him? If RSC is crap and always injured why sign him? All you are doing is bringing in the current flavour of the month. Tevez is the shining light on the pitch and he was only signed as some odd attempt to get one over on Utd. Had he played for Everton or someone you wouldnt have touched him.

Soldato
So thats nearly £60m of striker written off in a single sentence. If Ade has a bad attitude why sign him? If RSC is crap and always injured why sign him? All you are doing is bringing in the current flavour of the month. Tevez is the shining light on the pitch and he was only signed as some odd attempt to get one over on Utd. Had he played for Everton or someone you wouldnt have touched him.

I have no idea. Maybe it was because he was a proven prem striker?
RSC was because Hughes has some obsession with him.

He was signed because he is a World Class player? A player that we needed to be a main man on the pitch. An odd attempt? lol.

If he was playing for Everton he wouldn't have been world class so no one would have signed him would they??

Why did you sign him? just to get one over on West Ham??

Lets leave this now as its getting off topic talking about old transfers?

Soldato
I have no idea. Maybe it was because he was a proven prem striker?
RSC was because Hughes has some obsession with him.

He was signed because he is a World Class player? A player that we needed to be a main man on the pitch. An odd attempt? lol.

If he was playing for Everton he wouldn't have been world class so no one would have signed him would they??

Why did you sign him? just to get one over on West Ham??

We took him on a two year loan. We took him from West Ham, world class or not. His second season form for us wasnt world class by any stretch of the imagination. You arent trying to tell me he wasnt signed to prove a point by your owners?

My point is, by all means sign whoever you want but as long as you have this dismissive attitude to players you wont be a sustained success. Player for player you might have a better squad than United but we have organisation, team spirit and players who know their role in the squad. You have a collection of expensive players.

Soldato
I think we actually have made a lot of very good signings. We haven't signed a load of experienced players on massive wages like Chelsea did in Sheva/Deco/Ballack we have signed A.Johnson/Balotelli/Boateng/Milner all good young players who have a lot of years ahead of them and can be part of a legacy. You then also have Joe Hart/Richards/Boyata who are also young and can be part of a legacy, who have come through the Academy (not so much Joe) and could have easily been replaced by players like Buffon etc when we got money but they didn't.

Talking of Boateng...hasn't he just asked to leave? lol

Soldato
We took him on a two year loan. We took him from West Ham, world class or not. His second season form for us wasnt world class by any stretch of the imagination. You arent trying to tell me he wasnt signed to prove a point by your owners?

My point is, by all means sign whoever you want but as long as you have this dismissive attitude to players you wont be a sustained success. Player for player you might have a better squad than United but we have organisation, team spirit and players who know their role in the squad. You have a collection of expensive players.
lol,

dismissive attitude? haha, dismissive attitude would have been selling De Jong, Kompany, Richards, Hart etc. Well that is what were building towards and, that is the reason you won the league. We dont have that but we will eventually. Did Fergie come in and immediateness just have a fully organised team that had a world class attitude and believed they could beat anyone and destroy teams that they shouldn't with the quality of players they have? No is the answer. But over the years Fergie has built it and that's why your so successful.

We were never going to be an overnight success and it will still take 5 years i reckon before we are fully sorted.

Talking of Boateng...hasn't he just asked to leave? lol
Yeh he has but i am just saying that we brought in young players with potential instead of the old players we could have done.

Soldato
lol,

dismissive attitude? haha, dismissive attitude would have been selling De Jong, Kompany, Richards, Hart etc. Well that is what were building towards and, that is the reason you won the league. We dont have that but we will eventually. Did Fergie come in and immediateness just have a fully organised team that had a world class attitude and believed they could beat anyone and destroy teams that they shouldn't with the quality of players they have? No is the answer. But over the years Fergie has built it and that's why your so successful.

What SAF did was build with a combination of signings and youth, he rebuilt the club from the bottom up. You know this. Yes there were some expensive players thrown in but the point is it wasnt a case of buying a player and dismissing him in 5 minutes if he didnt hit the ground running.

Maybe im not explaining myself very well here TBH. If City play with 1 up front and have Tevez then £20m on Balotelli is buying a squad player, then add in Dzeko at £30m and you have 3 strikers who realistically would normally expect to start. Why sign Dzeko if you believe in Balotelli? Now over half a season Balotelli and Dzeko havent been roaring successes and suddenly there are new strikers being linked with the club. Do you see what i mean?

Caporegime
OP
I've never seen him as anything more then "average" and that's at best. I saw him play a fair few times for the England under 21's and he always looked quite... average in those games as well.

He's seriously got to be the Worlds best trainer, bit like "Garry Barry", how either of them get near the England first team is beyond me. We should be bringing through young exciting players, not painfully average middle career ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom