England V India ***Clash of the Heavyweights*** Test, T20 and ODI Series

Soldato
I think the series will be tight and don't want to predict a winner now, but it should be a very enjoyable summer of cricket. The comments from the Indian fans on Cricinfo are hilarious to read, it's almost akin to English football fans in their massive over-optimism. Claiming that Munaf Patel will tear through the batting line-up - I think Kahn is much more likely to do that! :p Although so far at Taunton Strauss seems to be playing him well (that'll curse it!).

Associate
The comments from the Indian fans on Cricinfo are hilarious to read, it's almost akin to English football fans in their massive over-optimism. Claiming that Munaf Patel will tear through the batting line-up
It's quite embarrassing to read at times. This also extends to many other areas too...

--

@TheCenturion Having no pressure on you makes a big difference though. Also they won the toss, so batting conditions must be good.

Is the match streaming/on TV anywhere?

4 no balls by a spinner is laughable. By that I can tell they aren't taking it very seriously.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think the series will be tight and don't want to predict a winner now, but it should be a very enjoyable summer of cricket. The comments from the Indian fans on Cricinfo are hilarious to read, it's almost akin to English football fans in their massive over-optimism. Claiming that Munaf Patel will tear through the batting line-up - I think Kahn is much more likely to do that! :p Although so far at Taunton Strauss seems to be playing him well (that'll curse it!).

Yeah, most of us have a huge over inflated opinion of our team :p
But that's not very common among the more knowledgeable Indian fans. For example, as I wrote above, Munaf Patel might not even be playing.

Munaf Patel is a very talented cricketer though, that cannot be denied.

It's quite embarrassing to read at times. This also extends to many other areas too...

--

@TheCenturion Having no pressure on you makes a big difference though. Also they won the toss, so batting conditions must be good.

Is the match streaming/on TV anywhere?

4 no balls by a spinner is laughable. By that I can tell they aren't taking it very seriously.

Yeah, I don't think it's a very serious match :D
It's probably more to give match practice to people like Zaheer, Sachin etc who haven't played in a while.

Mishra was having a few problems with no balls in the west indies as well :o

It's not on TV anywhere, nor is it on any stream :(

In terms of the toss, I'd say that it's almost always preferable to bat first in the longer format, barring a few exceptional situations.

Soldato
Strauss' contribution isn't looking very impressive now!

I disagree - the fact that he survived against (and wasn't dismissed by) Kahn is excellent news! Although I seem to remember he played very well against SL in the warmup games and then slumped in the actual matches.

Hopefully Cook keeps up his excellent form, if only just to troll the fervent Indian fans on Cricinfo who say that Sreesanth will bowl him early on every time :p

Soldato
OP
I disagree - the fact that he survived against (and wasn't dismissed by) Kahn is excellent news! Although I seem to remember he played very well against SL in the warmup games and then slumped in the actual matches.

Hopefully Cook keeps up his excellent form, if only just to troll the fervent Indian fans on Cricinfo who say that Sreesanth will bowl him early on every time :p

After today, I sure as hell hope that Sreesanth won't even play!!

But knowing the ridiculousness of the Indian team, he'll probably get in ahead of Kumar and Munaf :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
LOL ^

Somerset declares on 425/3, either India will fold now, or if this pitch is as much a batting paradise as claimed, will make a quick 500.

13 off the first over :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom