England V India ***Clash of the Heavyweights*** Test, T20 and ODI Series

Soldato
OP
Strauss battered the Sri Lankans right before that series - I'm not convinced he'll perform that well against India yet!

India appears to be the time against which players find their form. Strauss hit 138 against them in the world cup. In the world cup also Ponting had been struggling and he too hit a century against India. Then in the Windies Test Chanderpaul found his form with a brilliant century. I wouldn't put it past Strauss and KP to get many runs, and Broad to get a lot of wickets.

Soldato
India appears to be the time against which players find their form. Strauss hit 138 against them in the world cup. In the world cup also Ponting had been struggling and he too hit a century against India. Then in the Windies Test Chanderpaul found his form with a brilliant century. I wouldn't put it past Strauss and KP to get many runs, and Broad to get a lot of wickets.

158 :)

I think you're being a tad pessimistic - because if those lot get runs/wickets it will be a hammering, unless Cook/Trott/Bell/Anderson suddenly have a massive slump at the same time!

Soldato
OP
158 :)

I think you're being a tad pessimistic - because if those lot get runs/wickets it will be a hammering, unless Cook/Trott/Bell/Anderson suddenly have a massive slump at the same time!

Pessimistic? Did you see how badly India got raped :p? I'm trying to be realistic about India's chances

I reckon that Strauss will score more runs in the Lord's Test alone than he did in the entire Sri Lanka series.

I don't think England can hammer India. There's too much experience in the Indian team to allow that to happen.

Soldato
OP
:mad:

So angry right now :mad::mad:
My dad is going to a charity dinner thing tonight, guess who's going to be there? The England cricket team, the Indian cricket team and a load of bollywood starts. :mad::mad::mad:
It's for 2 different charities:

M.S. Dhoni Charitable Foundation and Habitat for Humanity India

My dad is going, and I can't :(:(:(:(:(

The squad does look quite small.

Can someone explain the limits on squad numbers?

The home team selects the squad for each test match. The away team needs to bring a squad for the entire tour :)

Soldato
The squad does look quite small.

Can someone explain the limits on squad numbers?
As said, it's the England squad for the first test only. Being as it's all in England, they can change players between tests at will. The 2nd test squad could quite easily be an entirely different twelve players.

Back
Top Bottom