** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
The S23A750d is listead as beeing in stock around 10/08 in sweden.

that's a terrible thing...

can anybody confirm thats what goes into S27A950D ?
C7.jpg

by the way, does the primary power cable go straigt into monitor or into some external voltage converter etc?

Associate
Using http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=997&start=0 its possible to enable 3d vision, allowing nvidia cards to be used in frame sequential mode, completly ignoring the tridef software. Theres an issue with the setup wizard not setting 120hz, which means you have to guess at the correct setup on the two image tests, but once you've got past that games will run in 3d (launch them in 120hz, press ctrl+t).

Unfortunatly theres still ghosting on one eye (to me it seems a lot better than with the tridef software, though I think this is just due to having a lower default depth). It feels as if the monitor isn't correctly synced with the glasses, so one eye gets to see a small part of the other eyes content.

edit:I've found this link for measuring crosstalk.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1291751

It looks like theres a much smaller area of blocked sight on the right eye of my glasses - with left eye closed I can see a lot of the numbers at the top, but theres an area blacked out in the middle that follows where I'm directly looking. With my right eye closed I have to really get the screen onto the edge of my vision to see the numbers at the bottom.

Last edited:
Associate

It looks like theres a much smaller area of blocked sight on the right eye of my glasses - with left eye closed I can see a lot of the numbers at the top, but theres an area blacked out in the middle that follows where I'm directly looking. With my right eye closed I have to really get the screen onto the edge of my vision to see the numbers at the bottom.

Does that mean it is the glasses that are the cause of the cross talk in one eye as it they aren't closing one eye properly?

Associate
Using http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=997&start=0 its possible to enable 3d vision, allowing nvidia cards to be used in frame sequential mode, completly ignoring the tridef software. Theres an issue with the setup wizard not setting 120hz, which means you have to guess at the correct setup on the two image tests, but once you've got past that games will run in 3d (launch them in 120hz, press ctrl+t).

Unfortunatly theres still ghosting on one eye (to me it seems a lot better than with the tridef software, though I think this is just due to having a lower default depth). It feels as if the monitor isn't correctly synced with the glasses, so one eye gets to see a small part of the other eyes content.

Anyone else tried this and had any luck? I'm at work and link from the other foum to download the hack is blocked at work! I'm worried it might be a trojan or something. :(

Associate
Hello it's my first post here (sorry for terrible english i'm French)
First i really enjoyed this forum because there's not a lot of information about the s27a950d on the web.
I finally go for it and receive mine last saturday.
Bought it 649 euros and samsung give me back 100 euroswith a special operation.

So my config: i5 2500k at 4.8Ghz,8Go @ 1666 and a 6970.
Plug the D-dvi in and absolutely no problem everything works like a charm.
I' had the acer's 24 (only hdmi ans so only 1080@24ips)and 27 and there's noooooo comparison,the Acer's are a lot more blurry and shows a LOT more ghosting in movies and games.
For movies it's just perfect,in fact the best experience with 3D i had.(and i've test a lot of gear)
The glasses ssg 3750 cr works well with it and are a bit better than those found with the monitor.
For games:
Assassin's creed 1,2 and 3: very nice no problem except when screen is very intense white
Batman arkham asylum:perfect very impressive(a lot better than with acer's)
battlefield bad company 2: there's a little tweak to make on reglages but then works very well
dirt 3:very ,nice except the menus (white very strong doesn't go well with 3d effects)
left 4 dead 1 and 2: very nice no problem except minor ghosting
mafia 2: just WONDERFULL
mass effect 2: wonderfull too details are great
pure:very strong 3D effects when you make the biggest jump maybe the strongest falling effect i've seen.
starcraft 2: very very nice but on the solo campgne only because it make me play slowwwww on multi
street fighter IV arcade edition :wow
wow: very nice but little ghosting on the gryffon (white one)

everything was set on frame sequential

so i wish this message will help some of you

june

Associate

I can't get the hack working!:(

I get the script to run and it shows:
"
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
TestGenericHid.wsf starting
Setting diagnostics for external hub
Setting endpoint diagnostics for configuration 1
Setting endpoint diagnostics for interface 0 alternate 0
Endpoint.SetObjectFlags for Interrupt IN endpoint 1
Enumerating simulated devices to look for a simulated EHCI controller
Configuring GenericHID device as a USB 1.1 full speed device.
Setting generic hid device logging to true
Setting diagnostics for GenericHID device
Configuring GenericHID device is necessary to load descriptors
Press enter to unplug GenericHID device from external hub.
"
But the "Simulated USB HID reciever device" created does not get the correct driver installed, and does not work. Any ideas?

Associate
ATI catalyst drivers will be out US daytime today (11.7). They talk about a bonus driver coming out as well. What on Earth can be "bonus" about a driver? :D

Still hoping it cures my dual GPU HD3D issues....

Associate
ATI catalyst drivers will be out US daytime today (11.7). They talk about a bonus driver coming out as well. What on Earth can be "bonus" about a driver? :D

Still hoping it cures my dual GPU HD3D issues....

good luck :D

i wont be installing it, as mine works fine, so dont want to chance buggering it all up:cool:

Associate
The output looks the same as on mine, but when I ran it automatically installed the 3d vision drivers for it, and shows as an NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3d USB Controller.

Are you sure you've got the 3d vision controller drivers installed? It's only included with the very latest nvidia drivers, before that it needed a separate installer. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2949

I installed the latest set of NV drivers as a custom, clean install, and ticked 3D Vision (in fact, i ticked all the options).

Whats the name of the driver file your PC is using? I'll search for it and add it manually!

Cheers

Associate
11.8 preview drivers were the bonus from AMD in addition to releasing 11.7.

Useless!

They specifically state support for Samsung displayport, but they seem to do nothing better than the 11.5 hotfix drivers did. The ghosting is the same...the issue with auto-engaging the 3D mode is the same.

And is there any dual GPU / crossfire HD3D support? No, of course not.

Very disappointing

Back
Top Bottom