** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
Wasn't it £40 less a few weeks ago?

:confused:

Yes and that was a price I was prepared to pay at a slight push even though others considered it expensive. There's no way I'm paying over £600 including delivery.

Can't blame them in a way - at £619.99 stock appears to have gone down from 9/10 to 5 but I won't be changing my mind.

Associate
Im soon give up waiting for the 750 series.
A delay this long without a single press release from Samsung about it? Seriously?

So, are there any alternatives out for Radeon cards? Meaning 3d Capable with integrated transmitter/glasses or passive. (Still havent seen any 3d kit simmilar to nvidias for regular 120hz monitors)

Soldato
According to Samsung's PR people this is due to launch 'officially' in the UK on the 1st September but some places may send at stock just before that date (i.e. end of August). I hope to review this at some point next month and see how it compares to the 950 series.

Associate
The hack doesn't work for me as Windows can't find the correct drivers.

Can you tell me what drivers your "Simulated USB HID Receiver device" loads?

Cheers

TestGeericHid.wsf starting
Setting diagnostics for external hub
Setting endpoint diagnostics for configuration 1
Setting endpoint diagnostics interface 0 alternate 0
Endpoint.Setobjectflags for interrupt IN endpoint 1
Enumerating simulated devices to look for a simulated EHCI controller
Configuring genericHID device as a USB 1.1 full speed device
Setting generic hid device logging to true
Setting diagnostics for genericHID device
Configuring genericHID device is necessary to load descriptors
Press enter to unplug genericHID device from external hub

Associate
hello all, wander.. if you can help...
didnt see the point in creating a new thread so thought id plonk it on here...

i currently have a 6950 and looking at getting either the 950 or 750...
now im not the best with all the tech stuff but i understand i should get the 950 so i can play at 1920x1080 at 60hz an eye, due to the dual link dvi as the 750 only has hdmi which wont be able to handle the amount of data transfer.. would this be correct?

Associate
hello all, wander.. if you can help...
didnt see the point in creating a new thread so thought id plonk it on here...

i currently have a 6950 and looking at getting either the 950 or 750...
now im not the best with all the tech stuff but i understand i should get the 950 so i can play at 1920x1080 at 60hz an eye, due to the dual link dvi as the 750 only has hdmi which wont be able to handle the amount of data transfer.. would this be correct?

Both monitors have DisplayPort which is capable of delivering the same results as DVI.

However if I recall correctly, some people with the 950D have been unable to get 60Hz per eye with the DisplayPort connection which is causing confusion with regards the 750 model as it would have a ridiculous flaw if it too were to have that problem with DisplayPort.

You are correct about the limitations of HDMI's bandwidth though. Well, HDMI 1.4 anyway - it may improve in the future.

Last edited:
Associate
TestGeericHid.wsf starting
Setting diagnostics for external hub
Setting endpoint diagnostics for configuration 1
Setting endpoint diagnostics interface 0 alternate 0
Endpoint.Setobjectflags for interrupt IN endpoint 1
Enumerating simulated devices to look for a simulated EHCI controller
Configuring genericHID device as a USB 1.1 full speed device
Setting generic hid device logging to true
Setting diagnostics for genericHID device
Configuring genericHID device is necessary to load descriptors
Press enter to unplug genericHID device from external hub

I get that. Then windows spots the new device, BUT cannot find the correct driver for it and the driver software installation fails.:mad:

I'm stuck!:(

Associate
hmmm... what would your advice be ? i obviously for the price i want the best performance possible of the monitor...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-128-MS

thats my Gfx... as i will be running 3d if i can

Out of the two I'm personally waiting for the 950 to (hopefully) come back down to £599.99 and am getting that one. Firstly, I don't have to concern myself with specifically choosing DisplayPort (assuming it works fine - we'll know soon as reviews are seemingly expected within the next couple of weeks) and secondly I actually like the stand. That said, I don't know if there are any actual performance gains from the 950 - the price premium may really be just the stand, the screen coating (see more earlier in this thread) and the DVI-D port.

You should be perfectly fine for 3D performance using that card. My Radeon 5850 is doing alright in older games but wouldn't be good enough for 3D in recent games with high settings. I'm hoping to upgrade to the 7000 series cards once they are out....I just hope that is well before Skyrim as I'd like to make sure I get the highest end card possible before playing it.

Last edited:
Associate
you see i hvnt got a clue about the whole display port thing , i do know that dual dvi is better... question is... is it worth the extra £100..

how is the 3d with the 5850 and also what software you use?

watched Oc's vid on the 950 and it seems the monitor does the 3d itself.. how does that work in conjunction with the amd side do you still need say tri def?

Associate
you see i hvnt got a clue about the whole display port thing , i do know that dual dvi is better... question is... is it worth the extra £100..

how is the 3d with the 5850 and also what software you use?

watched Oc's vid on the 950 and it seems the monitor does the 3d itself.. how does that work in conjunction with the amd side do you still need say tri def?

Sorry let me correct a couple of things:

I don't use 3D with my Radeon 5850 yet but I know it'll work FPS-wise as in Oblivion with mods I'm generally getting 100 - it isn't 120 but it'll do. All Radeon 5000 cards and up support 3D gaming.

DisplayPort v DVI-D - no difference really except that we don't know why DisplayPort on the 950 isn't correctly outputting what it ought to be (forget what the issue was) as it doesn't have bandwidth issues.

HDMI 1.4 is inferior to both DisplayPort and DVI-D due to its lack of bandwidth to produce a true 3D image*

The monitor does indeed do the 3D itself - as does the 750 - but sometimes the Tri Def software (you set up a game as a profile I believe) will do a better job than the monitor's attempt to convert a 2D picture straight into 3D. I would expect anyone wanting to use 3D with this monitor will install Tri Def and use it in most situations.

*correction needed in case the bandwidth issue is in fact slightly different - one definitely exists.

Hope that helps a bit!

EDIT: There are a couple of YouTube videos and a review or two on the internet worth reading. Don't have links to hand I'm afraid.

Associate

How is the 3d with the 5850 and also what software you use?

I dont know how many times iv said this on different forums, but 2d->3d conversion isnt even an alternative to real 3d rendering. Its like having a color-blind human color a black and white picture. Except he's been color-blind all his life.

After playing Blur with 2d-3d conversion on my Samsyng ps50c770 for 2 races (~10 minutes of gametime) i wanted to gouge my eyes out and had to go grab something for my headache.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom