Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Also do people think a 560Ti 1GB either the OC one by MSI or GB will run this maxed at 1920x1080 with FPS above 45, maybe above 50 on average?

By maxed I don't mean a xxxx load of AA, 2x or 4x would do but pretty much all the settings like texture, shadows etc. set to the highest option available.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also do people think a 560 1GB either the OC one by MSI or GB will run this maxed at 1920x1080 with FPS above 45, maybe above 50 on average?

By maxed I don't mean a xxxx load of AA, 2x or 4x would do but pretty much all the settings like texture, shadows etc. set to the highest option available.

Id say wait till the beta before comitting to anything, that'll give a rough idea of retail performance.

Caporegime
BUT I WANT TO KNOW NOW!

:p

crystal_ball.jpg

The spirits say, wait till the beta NooB!

:p

Caporegime
Sry I meant the TI version.

Which 560TI did you have and which 570 did you get?

A 560TI OC performs just as good as a stock 570 and the GB SOC performs considerably better than a 570@stock.

Permabanned
I thought games usually announced what spec they require by now?

Is there something coming out soon that BF3 will expect us to have or something?

Associate
flamesuit

I have just been talking to EA support and I have found out the problem some people are having with codes. the code format xxxxxxxx is for european codes that are handed out when you say that you are from the UK and dont work on the pre order on the origin site. However if you say your region is US you get a code in this format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which does work for preordering a UK copy of BF3 on origin. Hope this helps out the people that have been having problems.

/flamesuit

Soldato
Somehow I've only just discovered that you can redeem a digital copy. I was under the impression that I would have to put the DVD in every time I want to play. Not sure 48 hours early beta access is worth £4 :)

Edit: balls to it, I'll stick to Origin. At least it will be available to play on release day.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it is possible to download a digital copy of BF3 using the serial from a DVD copy, then why are we all pre-ordering on Origin for £32 when the DVD pre-order is available for £28?

Pre-ordering on Origin also gives you both Karkand + Physical warfare pack.

With retail it's mainly either Karkand or Physical Warfare. So you don't get both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom