Migraines , who suffers from them here?

Associate
I have suffered with them for quite some time. They seemed to go away for a few year mid teens to early 20s but came back once I started work.

I don't always get a trigger but if I do my left eye will go focus crazy and blurry. If I don't catch it early enough I am blown out for the day.

Can be an issue with work.

Soldato
I get migraines probably about 2-3 times a year but I get the aura migraine which means my vision goes messed up and i can't see and its like flashing and pulsing lights and blank spots.

Soldato
Another vote for syndol, only thing which helps with my migraines. I get them every couple of months for a couple of days. I think its due to staring at screens for long periods of time.

Soldato
I get migraines and used to get them one every couple of weeks. I found that my migraines were triggered by eating certain foods, ham and cheese sandwiches was the main culprit and when I stopped eating them, the amount of migraines I had reduced dramatically.

Soldato
I started to get them about a year ago. 1 - 2 day everyday for a week (bang on to the day). Starts with the visual artifacts and then progresses around my head with throbbing pain that is *almost* vomit inducing. I am on day 5 at the moment.

Worst occurrence was just as I entered the Ikea maze and had forgotten to bring any tablets. A special kind of hell!

However I find that 2xParacetamol and 2xIbuprofen as soon as I see visual sparkles stops it pretty well to only be a dull ache. Does seem to originate around my neck and the pain directly correlates to the sparkles.

I've not yet found what triggers mine, I spend all day everyday (weekdays) in front of a computer, but have done for last 15 - 20 years. My caffeine intake hasn't changed dramatically.

Associate
Intresting thread!

I dont suffer migranes as much any more as i have narrowed down what i think causes them for me .... apple drinks (apple tango is the worst), frozen pizzas, dehydration and not eating regulary. If i get one im usally sick then i feel better, but the build up to it is horrible! Dark room, no noise or smells helps and if i can get to sleep before it really sets in im okay!

Soldato
only ever had 2, both in the past 3 years and both of which had me laying down in the quiet for the best part of 2 days.

I get quite frequent headaches but i guess that's just down to a combination of not enough sleep and sitting in front of a computer all day every day, think the 2 migraines came on when i was more stressed than normal though it may not have been the case.

Soldato
ooh forgot to mention anything energy drink related triggers migraines for me. I avoid them completely now. Sometimes it happens straight away other times it takes a while to kick in.

Man of Honour
I've not yet found what triggers mine, I spend all day everyday (weekdays) in front of a computer, but have done for last 15 - 20 years. My caffeine intake hasn't changed dramatically.

Unfortunatly it can be quite hard to narrow down triggers. For me triggers that happen almost every time are sudden changes in weather (usually extreme changes in humidity) and dark chocolate I've also experienced them directly related to extreme levels of stress both physical and emotional but it doesn't always trigger them.

Man of Honour
only ever had 2, both in the past 3 years and both of which had me laying down in the quiet for the best part of 2 days.

I get quite frequent headaches but i guess that's just down to a combination of not enough sleep and sitting in front of a computer all day every day, think the 2 migraines came on when i was more stressed than normal though it may not have been the case.

Extreme levels of stress can trigger them even in people who don't normally suffer from them.

Caporegime
I've had them since I was 2. They wore off in my early teens but now I get them in spates. As soon as I'm getting a headache I take tablets to try and control it but other then that it always leads to me being sick.

Oh the joys.

Very similar, I had them from a young age, I actually completely forgot about it till 5-6 years ago when they came back as they went away when I was 12-13 for the best part of a decade. Back with avengance now, I can get 4-5 a week, or none, but I'd say I probably average around 2 a week for the past year, its soul destroying :(

I just get pain though, no blurred vision, sometimes nausea but I never actually get sick. Just stupidly bad pain, thats made worse by moving, anything less than codeine doesn't touch it in the slightest and often 2-3 codeine only take the edge off rather than get rid of them completely.

If I feel one coming on then taking codeine early can somewhat stop it getting that bad, if its a particularly bad one I can have it all day, take pain meds all day, wake up the next day with it and feel drained for a couple days after it finally goes.

Migranes are completely evil :(

EDIT:_ do'h, old thread, and I've already posted in it before :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunatly it can be quite hard to narrow down triggers. For me triggers that happen almost every time are sudden changes in weather (usually extreme changes in humidity) and dark chocolate I've also experienced them directly related to extreme levels of stress both physical and emotional but it doesn't always trigger them.

I was wondering about weather and stress, obviously the weather is wacky (well was until today) and I have had enormous amounts of stress last few weeks.

Caporegime
OP
Really bad headache this morning, getting two a week although I know now most of it is caused by my neck problems. Under Physio who improves it but still needs some fixing :(

Soldato
Had them since I hit my teens, My mum gets them too. They're so horrible. To the point they can make me weep. They're so bad that for days after the main attack my brain feels physically abused.

I actually thank god for the auras to be honest, as I use them as an early warning sign. As soon as I start to see them, I take my meds and sleep. If I'm lucky I can sleep through the attack. but if its a particularly bad one, Theres no time to get to sleep and I spend a day, sometimes 2 pressing my thumbs into my temples, and poking at my brain through my skull... in darkness. :( vomiting actually relieves my head in a strange way, I think its kind of like pressing the tooth when you get tooth ache. Vomiting causes you to strain, which may imitate relief. I dont know. But they make my life miserable.

Thankfully, I've not had one for a good while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom